PDA

View Full Version : The Neverhood

Coplantor
2008-04-09, 09:22 PM
Hi, I was just curious, has anyone ever played a game called "The Neverhood"? It's from 1997, it was developed by Dreamworks and I have'nt heard of anyone besides me who ever played that game. It is a great game (specially for kids), it was one of the first games I've really played (I was 8 years old when I bought it) considering that when I was 4 my mother always killed the bosses in Mario 3.

Arian
2008-04-10, 01:01 AM
Yes, I love The Neverhood. One of my favourite adventure games ever.

Amotis
2008-04-10, 01:45 AM
Oh yes, one of my favorites as well. It too was one of the first games I ever played. I remember playing it on my family's old mac when I got a game pack that came with games like Neverhood, X-Wing, Dark Trooper, Sam And Max, Full Throttle, and a bunch of other classics. It was wonderful, probably one of the main reasons I enjoy video games today.

Trazoi
2008-04-10, 02:08 AM
The Neverhood was weird in a bizarrely wonderful way. I bought it for my brother as a Christmas present and he loved it. I borrowed it off him later and enjoyed it too.

Did anyone ever read all of that completely massive wall of backstory - it seemed to go on forever!

Simius
2008-04-10, 09:00 AM
Yes! The neverhood still ranks among the most awesome games I've ever played. I have a large part of its soundtrack on my iPod.

That game really was claymation at its best.

Did anyone ever read all of that completely massive wall of backstory - it seemed to go on forever!

Not all, but a fair bit of it. It's extremely silly and nonsensical until Willy and Robot Bill feature in it. Then it get's awesome. Then it gets silly again and I didn't read any further than that.

Ikialev
2008-04-10, 09:20 AM

I did. Not in game, ofc, this would take, a month, or so.

Simius
2008-04-10, 09:35 AM
I did. Not in game, ofc, this would take, a month, or so.
Could you post a link then, perhaps? Assuming you found it on the internet, of course.

\/ Thank you!

Ikialev
2008-04-10, 09:54 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/198975/31838

Here.

Coplantor
2008-04-10, 01:21 PM
I've read the entire wall in game! I even had to improve my english to understand it (I speak spanish by the way). Most of it is based in the Genesis. One of the stories of Berz Berz was an E.T. version of Joseph, the guy who was sold as a slave by his jealous brothers. Neverhood really changed my life back then, I spented hours drawing the characters wich improved my drawing skills, I draw like I draw today (wich is something between quite good and almost semi-professional level) thanks to Neverhood, I'm studying to become a videogame designer and that started thanks to the neverhood. I once even tried to create "Klaymen" as a race for D&D.

Yes! The neverhood still ranks among the most awesome games I've ever played. I have a large part of its soundtrack on my iPod.

Can you like, send me some of the mp3 to my E-Mail, I think it is on my public profile, If not, then I'll PM you.

By the way... Anyone ever played skull monkeys? the not so good but yet enjoyable just because Klayman is the main character sequel?

Ikialev
2008-04-10, 01:49 PM
I've read the entire wall in game! I even had to improve my english to understand it (I speak spanish by the way).
You have a lot of free time, don't you? ;-)

Quote:

Can you like, send me some of the mp3 to my E-Mail, I think it is on my public profile, If not, then I'll PM you.
Me too. [email protected]. ^^

Coplantor
2008-04-10, 02:06 PM
I HAD a lot of time, ah, those days in wich "study for tomorrow" meant resolving two sums and read a paragraph about a historic event...

Morty
2008-04-10, 02:46 PM
Ah, good ole' Neverhood. I had a blast plying this game, but unfortunaetly I could play it only once, as for the second time it couldn't install. But it was one of the most hilarious games ever, and it was with only few lines of dialogue. The soundtrack was win as well. If only some of the riddles weren't so mind-numbingly hard...

Coplantor
2008-04-10, 03:00 PM
please tell me it was saracasm that thng about the puzzles... because the only one that was kind of hard to me was the one of the shrinking machine.

Morty
2008-04-10, 03:05 PM
No, it wasn't sarcasm. However, it should be noted that I was a kid when I played it and I'm not good at riddles like that even now.

Coplantor
2008-04-10, 03:10 PM
Oh, OK. Curious fact: I was good at riddles when I was 8, now I suck.