PDA

View Full Version : Exalted/Nobilis like, Modernistic PC Deity Setting

ArlEammon
2008-04-09, 10:03 PM
I have a rough sketch of a game I wish to set up with characters as deities in the mdoern world.

It would be like Heroes.....

The characters have four Realms. The Realms are the types of things that the "gods" have power over the most.

There would be something used to buy in character benefits. Perhaps to improve on the Realms that the modern, nominal gods have power over.

Would anyone like to come together and make this a collaborative effort?

Rutee
2008-04-09, 10:12 PM
I can at best serve as a sort of consultant, but I'd like to monitor progress just the same.

Terraoblivion
2008-04-09, 10:16 PM
Well your description is a bit vague, but it definitely sounds interesting and i would love to follow the progress. Also like Rutee i'll set myself up as a consultant should you need it.

ArlEammon
2008-04-09, 10:29 PM
Well... I'm thinking maybe that this should be

There would be something used to buy in character benefits. Perhaps to improve on the Realms that the modern, nominal gods have power over.

Spirit points?

Ascension
2008-04-10, 12:09 AM
Kinda sounds like Scion. Have you looked into it?

ArlEammon
2008-04-10, 12:25 AM
I have vague ideas what Scion is about.

Demigods right?

Ascension
2008-04-10, 12:38 AM
I have vague ideas what Scion is about.

Demigods right?

Pretty much. There are three core rulebooks: Hero, Demigod, and God, which are intended to be played in succession as you grow in power. Your character is the chosen champion/descendant of/etcetera of one of a number of gods from six pantheons (with suggestions for the creation of additional pantheons). The rules are apparently a variant of the Exalted rules, but with a modern real world setting (aside from all those mythical creatures and Titanspawn lurking in the shadows, that is).

I mention it because the system for determining your character's focus and divinely granted supernatural powers sounds very similar to your Realms idea.

I came very close to demoing the system once (much to my chagrin, the demo got canceled at the last moment), and I've skimmed the book, but I've never actually played it. It looks pretty good, from what I've seen of it. For your purposes you would probably only be interested in Hero.

Rutee
2008-04-10, 12:46 AM
Scion is Exalted: Modern, mechanically. It's true that it does come off pretty similar to what you're looking at, though a Hero's control over their realm isn't that huge.

ArlEammon
2008-04-10, 01:17 AM
Hm........

Yes. That sounds very interesting. Maybe I should soon get Scion

Rutee
2008-04-10, 01:38 AM
There's a free demo on WW's site, if you'd like a look at the basics.

Terraoblivion
2008-04-10, 01:25 PM
I was actually thinking about Scion when i first read your post. However, later on i started thinking that with the focus on being actually divine you wanted something more powerful or with a different focus. I guess that strong scions with a slightly altered fluff might be what you want or even that you just grow fond enough of the game to play it as is.