PDA

View Full Version : "Glass of the Sword, Glass of the Soul" [Base class]

Ninjalitude
2008-04-10, 01:21 AM
Alright, I would like to start off saying that I do not watch Avatar, but I am an avid reader of the Avatar threads, and I really like what they have done with it, so I toyed with the idea of making my own class that used the same bending system, except, it has no real semblance in the Avatar world. I'd also like to mention that it was deleted by someone I live with, and my Internet crashed so this is actually my third time struggling with a table and writing all of this up. Enjoy...

"When will they learn?" Dirthal sighed, this was only the third time that he had broken into the house of His Royal Highness, and so far he was feeling bored, they still had fallen for the same old thing. Gullible guards, stabbable night watch and a pickable lock on the queens jewelry box. But as he stepped outside, he found what the king was really planning for him. "This should be interesting" he growled as he readied himself against a trio of the King's Elites. He appeared to be unarmed, so they swaggered up to him, confident that this should only take a few seconds, But then they saw the crystalline shell forming around him, and that was the last thing they ever saw...
Glassweaver
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Weaves

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+0|Glassweave, Form Weapon/Armor, Glass blast 1d4 |1

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+0|Sneak attack +1d4|2

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+1|-|2

4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+1|Glass blast 2d4|3

5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+1|Tint, Glass ll, Sneak attack +2d4|3

6th|
+4|
+2|
+5|
+2|-|4

7th|
+5|
+2|
+5|
+2|-|4

8th|
+6/+1|
+2|
+6|
+2|Glass blast 3d4 ,Sneak attack +3d4|5

9th|
+6/+1|
+3|
+6|
+3|-|5

10th|
+7/+2|
+3|
+7|
+3|Glass lll|6

11th|
+8/+3|
+3|
+7|
+3|Sneak attack +4d4|6

12th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+8|
+4|Glass blast +4d4|7

13th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+8|
+4|-|7

14th|
+10/+5|
+4|
+9|
+4|Sneak attack +5d4|8

15th|
+11/+6/+1|
+5|
+9|
+5|Glass lV|8

16th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+5|Glass blast 5d4|9

17th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+5|Sneak attack +6d4|9

18th|
+13/+8/+3|
+6|
+11|
+6|-|10

19th|
+14/+9/+4|
+6|
+11|
+6|-|10

20th|
+15/+10/+5|
+6|
+12|
+6|Glass V, Sneak attack +7d4, Glass blast 6d4|11[/table]
Hit Dice: d6

Skills:The Glassweavers class skills are, Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), Glassweave (Wis)

Skills at 1st level: (6+Int mod) x 4
Skill every level thereafter: 6+Int mod
Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: the Glassweaver is proficient with all light armors and with simple and martial weapons.

Glassweave: Part mystical talent and part hard trained skill, Glassweavers have mastered the ability to manipulate glass into deadly abilities. These abilities are what give the Glassweaver the power to kill.

DC:5 Glass blast:The first ability a Glassweaver learns is Glass blast. A blast deals piercing 1d4 damage at 1st level (dealing half damage to objects) and increases in power as the Glassweaveer gains levels, as shown above. A blast is a ranged attack, and a Glassweaver can use a number of blasts in one round equal to the number of iterative attacks he can make (as determined by his BAB). Precision based damage can be applied to the Glass blast.

DC:5 Manipulate
The most basic of the Weaves, manipulation involves simple movement or shaping of the three seeds of Glass.
Movement: The base DC is for moving a 5-foot cube of glass up to 5 ft/round in any direction. Adding another 5-foot cube of glass to a Weave increases the Glassweaving DC by +4 per cube, and moving the glass an additional 5 feet adds +2 to the DC. This use of the Weave is a move action.
Shaping: This Weave can also be used to manipulate the basic shape of glass, though it does not allow intricate detail. For example, creating an sculpture of a humanoid is possible, but making one of a specific person is not, and the sculpture comes out rough and bumpy; creating a sculpture of a specific race is also difficult, but telltale features (like an elf’s ears) could give it away. The base DC is for manipulating the shape of a Diminutive mass of glass; the save DC increases by +5 for every size category larger than Diminutive the sculpture is, and this changes to +10 for every size category larger than Large it is. This use of the Weave takes one full-round action, plus two more for every size category larger than Diminutive the sculpture is. By attempting a DC 15 Craft (sculpture) check a Glassweaver may add more detail to a sculpture. Individuals can be recognized in the sculpture.

Create Weapon/Armor: a Glassweaver can conjure a weapon of glass in the way a sculptor would sculpt a sword, except that it takes significantly less time, as a move action a Glassweaver can create a weapon that, while functions like a regular weapon for him, function like regular glass for others, and break on impact. Creating armor takes more time (full round acton) and it will break in one hit if used by anyone else

Glass: the basic power of the Glassweaver lies in (you guessed it) Glass, while a initiate Glassweaver's f;ass may be strong, it still isn't as powerful as a Master Glassweavers. The various abilities on the table above show how glass gains power over time.
Glass l: hardness of 5, 10 Hit Points per inch
Glass ll: hardness of 8, 15 Hit Points per inch, treat Weapons/Armor as +1
Glass lll: hardness of 10, 20 Hit Points per inch, treat Weapons/Armor as +2
Glass lV: hardness of 15, 30 Hit Points per inch, treat Weapons/Armor as +3
Glass V: hardness of 20, 40 Hit Points per inch, treat Weapons/Armor as +5

Tint: Glass is all about mimicry, so as the Glassweavers art progresses, he to learns to mimic other elements. By adding 2 to the DC of any damage-dealing Weave (including Glass blast) the Glassweaver may deal one extra die of energy damage.

Weaves
***COMING SOON***

So please Critique what i have so far, right now i need sleep. I'll post the rest in the morning.

Ninjalitude
2008-04-10, 12:59 PM
Weaves

DC:10 Skate
As power in EPH

DC:10 Modular
By upping the DC of Glassweaving on Glass blast, you can change it into balls of glass (bludgeoning) or spinning shards (slashing).

DC:10 Shimmer
Standard action
By covering your body in a thin, reflective film of glass, you can refract light in ways that make you uncomfortable to look at. All attacks against you have a -2 penalty, this Weave lasts 3 rounds per level

DC:15 Slip
Standard action
As Grease except that instead of grease its a sheer layer of glass.

DC:15 Serrate
Full round action
By covering your weapon with tiny shards of glass, you can make its wounds bleed much more than normal. Each attack with the weapon you wield while this is in effect, deals one con damage. The person hit by a Serrated weapon is entitled to a fortitude save for no con damage.

DC:15 Flash
Standard action
By hurling a small glass bead at your opponents eyes, and having it burst before impact, you can blind your opponent temporarily. Your opponent must make a fortitude save or be Blinded for one round, add 5 to the DC of this and it will work for one additional round.

DC:15 Glass Spear
Full round action
By creating a large shard, honing the edges and putting more power into the launch, you can shoot a Glass blast from 250 feet away that deals +2d4 damage.

DC:15 Shard Spray
Standard action
You summon up a huge amount of light, piercing shards and by hurling them much in the same way you would hurl a Glass blast, you create a 15 foot cone of shards that deals your glass blast damage. The people inside the cone are entitled a reflex save for half damage.

DC:15 Glass blow
Standard action
By forming a sphere of glass, throwing it, and then detonating it at range, you can replicate the spell Fireball except it deals Glass Blast damage and the reflex save is equal to 10 + half your level + Wisdom modifier.

DC:20 Laceration
Standard action
By focussing on the edges and point of your Glass blast, you make it able to puncture deeper and make your target bleed more. This weave deals Glass blast damage plus one con damage

DC:20 OOOHH SHINIES(only half serious)
Standard action
You form a prismatic ball of glass that automatically captures the attention of anyone viewing it (it is human instinct after all). you form his ball of glass somewhere within 30 feet of you, any person not currently in combat or any other life-threatening situation (DM's discretion) must make a will save or automatically group around the shiny with any other people who may have failed their will saves. Lasts 1d4 rounds.

DC:20 Fragile barrier
Treat as Wall of Ice except instead of ice substitute glass.

DC:20 Glass body
Full round action
Your soul is a vessel of Glass, why should your body be any different? By filling your veins with glass you can become a creature of your element for a limited time. You gain hardness 5 and immunity to precision based damage, but you also suffer a -10 penalty to speed and -4 armor check penalty. This lasts 1d4+1 rounds

DC:25 Burrowing bonds
As power in Complete psionic

DC:30 Crystal Field
Full round action
By filling the air in a 30 foot sphere around you with spinning glass shards you create a field of hanging doom. Anyone who moves within the Field takes your Glass blast damage for every five feet moved, anyone who stays stationary takes your glass blast damage only once. the field ends on the end of your next turn, but by spending another full round action you can keep the field up.

DC:35 Fragile Juggernaut
Full round action
By covering yourself with a spiked shell of glass and launching yourself forward you can carve a 100 foot swathe of destruction in your enemies ranks. You launch yourself in a 100 foot line and each person in that line takes 8d6 damage and is immediately pushed to your left or right, they can make a reflex save for half damage. By adding 2 to the DC of this Weave you can have it deal an extra 1d6 damage

DC:35 Flashbang
standard action
By sending an explosion of glass dust and refracted light you can blind everyone within a 30 foot radius. This explosion stuns them for one round and blinds them for 1d4+1 rounds afterwards. they can make a Fortitude save to negate the stun and only be blinded for one round.

Well thats my class. Comments? Critiques?

jagadaishio
2008-04-10, 03:34 PM
DC:5 Glass blast:The first ability a Glassweaver learns is Glass blast. A blast deals piercing 1d6 damage at 1st level (dealing half damage to objects) and increases in power as the Glassweaveer gains levels, as shown above. A blast is a ranged attack, and a Glassweaver can use a number of blasts in one round equal to the number of iterative attacks he can make (as determined by his BAB). Precision based damage can be applied to the Glass blast.

I think that you mean 1d4. Also, does the glass just magically appear out of thin air? Or do you need a source like the standard bending classes. You should make Create Weapon/Armor into Create Object, and have it be DC 5. You should have anything more than the most basic of shapes (a razor shard with a handle for a sword, for example) require a Craft (Sculpting) check to pull off. I also think that there should be some way to control existing glass, such as pulling a stained glass window down on someone, or pulling glowing crystals out of the centre of geodes.

Ninjalitude
2008-04-10, 05:00 PM
I think that you mean 1d4. Also, does the glass just magically appear out of thin air? Or do you need a source like the standard bending classes. You should make Create Weapon/Armor into Create Object, and have it be DC 5. You should have anything more than the most basic of shapes (a razor shard with a handle for a sword, for example) require a Craft (Sculpting) check to pull off. I also think that there should be some way to control existing glass, such as pulling a stained glass window down on someone, or pulling glowing crystals out of the centre of geodes.

Thanks for noticing my mistake, I'll change that, but as for the Glass, they can create it, just like Firebenders shoot fire, and i suppose they could use glass in the area around them, but how would that differ from just creating glass?

D Knight
2008-04-10, 09:18 PM
hey this is a nice class but i have some question thats bruning my soul out. 1) where does the glass come from and/or how pounds of does he need to carry? 2) if you have a glass bottle filled with holy water (or other liquid like oil of impact) can you make a arrow that will release the water inside on impact or do you let someone eles fire it?

jagadaishio
2008-04-10, 10:37 PM
The real problem is that you don't have a utilitarian "manipulate glass" seed. If you want to bring down a skylight for some reason, melt a window, detach a glowing crystal (a natural form of glass) from a wall, make a flood of liquid glass in a glass works, anything like that, you can't, simply because there is no manipulation ability. It's all about the tactics. That's how it differs.

Still, I like the class.

P.S.
Also, firebenders get their fire from their own body heat, amplified with chi made mobile with controlled breathing. So they don't just make it appear.

Ninjalitude
2008-04-11, 01:04 AM
The real problem is that you don't have a utilitarian "manipulate glass" seed. If you want to bring down a skylight for some reason, melt a window, detach a glowing crystal (a natural form of glass) from a wall, make a flood of liquid glass in a glass works, anything like that, you can't, simply because there is no manipulation ability. It's all about the tactics. That's how it differs.

Still, I like the class.

P.S.
Also, firebenders get their fire from their own body heat, amplified with chi made mobile with controlled breathing. So they don't just make it appear.

But how would i do the manipulation ability? how many pounds per level could a Glassweaver lift? This is what I need help with.

Ceiling009
2008-04-11, 07:57 AM
You might want to look at the Waterbender. It has pretty much the entire manipulation seed.

Ninjalitude
2008-04-11, 12:04 PM
I added the manipulation Weave, (I basically reworded the waterbenders seed). Anything else I should add?

jagadaishio
2008-04-11, 03:02 PM
Maybe lift the Golem seed from the waterbender? The idea of making an unusually hard golem out of glass just sounds rather cool.

Ninjalitude
2008-04-14, 06:32 PM
I think that a Golem Weave would set it a bit on the overpowered side. anyways, how do you think it's power is on a general scale?