PDA

View Full Version : How would you like Xykon to die? Possible spoilers

Supreme Evil
2008-04-10, 07:50 AM
I admit, I'd like to see Roy fulfill the Blood Oath of Vengance. But there is someone I'd rather see kill Xykon.

Redcloak

He has sacrificed so such because of the plan, and most of that was because of Xykon.

He lost his brother, nephews, and sister-in-law.

I'd like to see him and the Dark One avenge all of the Goblin deaths once the Plan is complete. I picture it a bit like this:

:xykon: Where did my gate go and why is the giant purple goblin standing on top of me?

:redcloak: This is for my family! Heal!

:xykon: Gah!

Remirach
2008-04-10, 07:56 AM
Roy kills Xykon with pure force.

Then uses "tactics" (logic) against Redcloak and convinces him to hand the pylactery over willingly.

...eh, actually, I can think of many ways, but mostly I want him to be able to thrust that "pure force" arrogance remark right back in Xykon's hideous undead teeth.

(Do the undead floss? Just curious...)

Chazzie
2008-04-10, 08:36 AM
How about both?

I could see Roy somehow convincing Redcloak to make a temporary alliance to destroy Xykon. That would be a showdown to remember.

SoD
2008-04-10, 08:41 AM
But he's already dead! Well, sort of dead, he's no longer alive at least. Well, sort of not alive, I mean to say, he's unalive, but not dead yet either. Sort of anti-alive, or un-dead....oh dear.

Deathwisher
2008-04-10, 09:05 AM
I don't want Xykon to die (or be destroyed, or whatever the correct word is). He is much too entertaining!

Pronounceable
2008-04-10, 10:00 AM
I don't want Xykon to die (or be destroyed, or whatever the correct word is). He is much too entertaining!

Ditto.

But we must have an end to his reign of terror someday. When that day comes, I'd like him irreversibly imprisoned somewhere with absolutely nothing to do. Everything he's doing is to stave off eternal boredom, so hit him with that.

Solophoenix
2008-04-10, 11:03 AM
Slain by the Greenhilt ancestral sword, but in an unexpected and entertaining way. Roy may or may not have something to do with it.

BisectedBrioche
2008-04-10, 01:26 PM
Sorry to be very specific but my ideal end for Xykon would be;

Having his phylactry destroyed and getting encased in concrete/metal/etc and left in an anti-magic field for all eternity.

snoopy13a
2008-04-10, 02:53 PM

I agree. Xykon is too funny to be destroyed.

TehJhu
2008-04-10, 03:42 PM
I hope the final fight is OOTS against Redcloak, where they kill him and destroy Xykons soul-holder. Then something happens that forces Roy to fight Xykon one-on-one and somehow or another the Snarl eats Xykon.

While both are cool guys, the villains still have to die.

The Hop Goblin
2008-04-10, 03:49 PM
I do see that Xykon's end will be the result of Redcloak's intentional actions or inactions, whereas Redcloak will more than likely throw himself into the Snarl.

Animefunkmaster
2008-04-10, 03:52 PM
I would really love to see Elan would do it, somehow...

recluso
2008-04-10, 03:58 PM
I hope the Monster in the Dark will destroy Xykon, accidentally. I envision him being annoyed of the eternal darkness and trying to use just a little bit of force to make clear he really wants light, and then not being able to keep that force light enough.

[Edit] This should happen on the last page of the comic of course, while it seems everything is lost

Calinero
2008-04-10, 04:04 PM
I think that Redcloak is going to play a part in Xykon's death...not sure how, but he will. I'm hoping for an OotS/Redcloak teamup.

caldazar
2008-04-10, 05:51 PM
SoD spoiler

In SoD, Xykon hypnotized the Monster in the Darkness and ordered him to kill Redcloak and save the Phylactery if Redcloak ever betrays Xykon.
I can't imagine that Rich would put that in there without that happening at some point.

Edric O
2008-04-10, 05:58 PM
Well, the great thing about liches is that it takes TWO actions to kill them - destroying the physical body and smashing the phylactery - so :roy: and :redcloak: could BOTH kill Xykon, as it were.

I hope that happens.

Watchdog
2008-04-10, 06:10 PM
Somehow, possibly involving stew, Elan convinces MitD to join OOTS. Xykon is thrown into the snarl, and Tsukiko is killed by Redcloak, who then proceeds to smash Xykon's phylactery. Then, just when it seems Roy and the gang have made a powerful ally out of redcloak, the Linear Guild show up and kill him. Now, Nale is in command of the Hobgoblins, as he vanquished the Supreme Leader, and the Resistance, led by a reserrected Roy, battle the hobbo's in a final epic fight. The only survivor of which, is Elan.

Mando Knight
2008-04-10, 06:11 PM
I'd like to see Roy annihilate Xykon and Redcloak in one attack: a stab through the phylactery, destroying it and mortally wounding Redcloak... possibly causing a magical backwash that kills the still-standing Xykon... if not, then another attack to slay Xykon...

Sorry to all you RC fans, I'm just not one of you. (Though I do like a good Heel Face Turn (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HeelFaceTurn)...)

Chronos
2008-04-10, 06:30 PM
Note that if Xykon gets thrown into a Rift, it won't matter what happens to the phylactery. Getting one's soul destroyed trumps lich resuscitation.

Re caldazar's spoiler,It looks to me like that spell (whatever it was) didn't actually stick. The Monster doesn't remember what he was told, and his eyes immediately go back to non-swirly. It's possible that his naïveness and immense power give him a Slippery Mind-like ability.

Helanna
2008-04-10, 06:58 PM
I want Redcloak to kill him, as seems to be the popular option. Redcloak has given up everything he ever had or might have had for the Plan and Xykon, up to and including directly murdering his own baby brother and indirectly causing the deaths of his brother's family. Which I was upset about, incidentally.

Hmm . . . that gives me an idea (SoD spoiler and speculation): Right-Eye said that he smuggled his daughter to safety, being raised by humans. It's just possible that when she shows up, as she is bound to do, it will trigger Redcloak's Heel Face Turn and cause him to destroy Xykon! This is now my pet theory. His name is George.

Mee
2008-04-10, 07:02 PM
If he has to die, again, I would love for it to be something like this:
Something happens to his body, say, V destroys it.
Then, Belkar pushes an NPC out of a window, and the NPC lands on, and shatters Xykon's Phylactery.
That, I would find funny.

TehJhu
2008-04-10, 07:06 PM
I just want to say that if Redcloak actually defeats Xykon I'll be incredibly dissapointed.

I don't mind him turning on Xykon, but I still think it would be a bummer if Xykon didn't just blast him to green bits.

Swordlol
2008-04-10, 07:30 PM
I don't want Redcloak to kill Xykon.

I got no original ideas, I just don't want Redcloak to kill Xykon.

mikeejimbo
2008-04-10, 07:53 PM
I suspect that Team Evil will ONLY be destroyed when Redcloak turns on Xykon, but it will lead to both their downfalls.

Sludge-o-matic
2008-04-10, 08:04 PM
my votes:

a) The monster in the darkness
b) our favourite mustache goblin / Roy
c) V / Elan
d) Miko Miyazaki´s ghost
e) Himself
f) The Snarl
g) A god
h) The Dwarf Iron Man
i) A greedy rogue/ a bloodthirsty halfling (or dying in the process, just like Kraagor)
j) A guy from the lower planes (like the ones that received the cool info from Sabine)
l) Now I know my ABC

question (ooo, ooo, pick me, pick me!) ?: what actually happens if the "thingamajabber" gets broken? It can be broken easily? Xykon will dissapear instantaneously? Does he get an "alarm" if the thing is being broken? Can he rebuild a new one? Or nothing happens and if the lich kicks the bucket, it´s gone. period? Xykon is a FUTURE PSYCHIC?

pendejochy
2008-04-10, 08:15 PM
Note that if Xykon gets thrown into a Rift, it won't matter what happens to the phylactery. Getting one's soul destroyed trumps lich resuscitation.

Re caldazar's spoiler,

It looks to me like that spell (whatever it was) didn't actually stick. The Monster doesn't remember what he was told, and his eyes immediately go back to non-swirly. It's possible that his naïveness and immense power give him a Slippery Mind-like ability.

I'm not a big DnD player, so I don't know what the rules are on the spell Xykon cast, but it seems to me like that spell was not intended to be remembered by the target. If you've seen Avatar the Last Airbender, it strikes me as similer to what Long Feng did in Lake Laogai. That is, brainwash people into becoming his willing slaves, but only when he said a particular phrase.

I haven't seen the movie, but I belive the Manchurian Canidate involved a similer thing?

In any case, I think the effects of the spell are hidden deep within the Monster in the Darkness' subconconcious, only activiating (and likely overriding whatever reservations he'd have about attacking Redcloak,) once/if Redcloak betrays Xykon.

DanielX
2008-04-10, 10:50 PM
Here are my deranged possible theories:

Redcloak turns on Xykon, Xykon kills Redcloak easily... but then Roy or perhaps Haley ("Sneak Attack!") manages to get the slip on Xykon and strikes him

Roy's corpse falls on Xykon's phylactery, breaking it...thus Roy stays dead but is able to 'defeat' Xykon anyway.

Thog kills Xykon accidentally in a gigantic 4 or more way fight between OOTS, Xykon, the Linear Guild, the Snarl, MiTD, Redcloak, and everyone else at the last gate

Celia saves the day. Or Vaarsuvius. Or maybe O'Chul (that would be sweet vengeance...), Julia, or possibly... hmm... maybe MiTD likes phylacterys lightly seasoned in nutmeg?

Alex Warlorn
2008-04-10, 11:20 PM
It's not Xykon isn't scared of dying, like any person, he's scared of dying before he accomplishes what he's set out to. He didn't mind the idea of Roy fighting him, once Roy was at Epic level. He just doesn't want to die until all the world remembers him as lord of the planet.

Trizap
2008-04-10, 11:55 PM
knowing this comic, the second last strip is probably going to be a wild many-way fight between, Linear Guild, OOTS, Team Evil and Miko, where MitD
finally comes out and is revealed to be a half-orc, half ogre whos at level 30 or 35, and attacks the OOTS, while Miko and Redcloak have a final epic showdown between religions, Thog gets killed by Tsukiko, who accidentally gets killed by Xykon, Elan and Nale do an epic confrontation, Elan almost gets defeated but Nale ironically is killed by Sabine because Elan cut off Nale's beard during the fight, where Elan kills her, Belkar and V somehow kill the MitD through the use of a chair, Redcloak manages to knock Miko unconscious but gets killed by one of Haley's stray arrows when she was aiming at MitD, and falls over backwards Roy and Xykon duel alone with everyone else incapacitated in some way except for Elan, Roy defeats Xykon, who appears in his phylactery, and through some weird twist of fate, Elan trips and his lute sails through the air and lands on the phylactery, destroying the phylactery.

SPoD
2008-04-11, 03:38 AM
My idea:

The OOTS somehow stops the plan with the Snarl in some way that cannot be reversed (as in, there's no way Redcloak's Plan could ever be carried out now). Then, Roy duels Xykon again while everyone else battles Redcloak, the MITD, and Tsukiko (who gets killed). Roy wins, destroying Xykon's body.

With the Plan dead and no reason to need Xykon anymore, Redcloak calls for a cease-fire. He agrees to hand over Xykon's phylactery in return for amnesty for himself and the MITD, which Roy agrees to. Redcloak and the MITD then take the remaining goblins and devote their lives to building a more productive goblin society through hard work and mutual respect, finally breaking the cycle of violence between goblins and humans.

Roy then throws Xykon's phylactery into the rift so that the Snarl destroys Xykon's soul, and then the OOTS seal the rifts forever.

lonewolf23k
2008-04-11, 05:40 AM
I think Xykon will die on the end of Roy's sword, after he destroyed the lich's phylactery for good measure.

Nothing less would fulfull Roy's Oath.

Niknokitueu
2008-04-11, 05:56 AM
Xykon should die in as pointless a way as possible, preferably to a very minor spell cast by V.

Dialogue along the lines of:
X: "That guy with the green-hilted sword really hurt. Never mind, I'll just find redcloak and get him to restore me."
V: "Disintegrate."
X: "Spell resistance."
V: "Disintegrate!"
V: "Disintegrate!!"
V: "Dammned spell resistance. All I have left is 'ignite', and it only does D3 HP damage. Ah well, Ignite!"
X: "Damn." (crumbles)

Have Fun!
Niknokitueu

Laurentio
2008-04-11, 08:33 AM
xylon will die for not knowing some obscure yet important rule about magic. Like "No skin of my nose, living scum. With my CHA stats I can save with, like, 2!"
"This spell doesn't give saving throw."
"... crap."

Laurentio

hazzaboner
2008-04-11, 05:30 PM
Technically, he's been dead for many, many years.

stsasser
2008-04-11, 06:18 PM
No more Xykon = no more reason to not live

Holammer
2008-04-12, 06:55 PM
I enjoy that boney surfer dude so much, I don't want him to cease existing. I'd prefer if he somehow attained the status of a deity. Which probably is his ultimate goal, giving up life for for unlife was just the first step.

Kaolix
2008-04-12, 08:55 PM

Not sure if the rules specify this in DnD or not, but in several campaign worlds/systems I've played in, the phylactery is actually the location of the soul, so having one's BODY thrown to the snarl would be the same as having it destroyed - the soul remains intact.

Kai Maera
2008-04-12, 09:18 PM
How would I like Xykon to die? Many times.

Like, to the point where it becomes cliche.

Chronos
2008-04-12, 09:18 PM
The D&D rules aren't entirely clear on where a lich's soul is while it's walking about, but there have been indications in the comic that Xykon's soul is only in the phylactery while his body is destroyed, and in his body all the rest of the time.

Flickerdart
2008-04-12, 09:24 PM
Vaarsuvius says the four words. Unlimited arcane might happens. Xykon explodes.

Karner
2008-04-13, 05:40 AM
Belkar will fall in love with Xykon... After first night spent together both of them commit suicide... Great evil will vanish from face of world... And suddenly it will become really boring...

Kato
2008-04-14, 09:36 AM
I'd want him to be smashed by Roy, after Red betrayed him (though he'll probably beat the crap out if him therefore) and then his soul banished in some kind of spacetime hole were he will be bored for the eternity... Yeah. Maybe together with Belkar, and both struggle fighting forever, with Belkar always winning.

Eric
2008-04-14, 10:05 AM
Not sure if the rules specify this in DnD or not, but in several campaign worlds/systems I've played in, the phylactery is actually the location of the soul, so having one's BODY thrown to the snarl would be the same as having it destroyed - the soul remains intact.

So whing the phylactory into the snarl.

Me? I think Xykon will die from Osteoporosis. And be unable to drink milk to get healthy bones...

Then:

Roy: Got Milk?
Xykon:????
Roy: WHAMMMMM!
Xykon: <Shatter>

Crispy SpThief
2008-04-18, 03:58 AM
Xykon's death, in my opinion, should be a grand thing in the comic caused by massive destructicve forces. Therefore, the creature in my opinion that should destroy Xykon:

A Cowering Kobold. :smalltongue:

He'd never see it coming. :3

Tilian
2008-04-18, 04:03 AM
Preferably something that sets up an Ironic Hell scenario. Vanilla afterlife punishment just isn't Xykon-y enough for Xykon.

King of Nowhere
2008-04-18, 07:33 AM
I think Xykon will die from Osteoporosis
That was great

Anyway, since Xykon hate wizards and believe in the power of sheer force on strategy, it would be karmic if he were killed by a low level wizard with a ludicrously complex plan and/or spell combo.
So, I want Nale to plot Xykon's death by the hand of Pompey!

Even Julia will do, but her ego is already big enough, I don't want to see how it will be after defeating an epic lich sorceror.

King of Nowhere
2008-04-18, 07:59 AM
I got another:
Roy grows a beard, thus becoming like O-Chul and gaining his power. Then, he wipes out team evil as a free action.

Wreckingrocc
2008-04-18, 11:16 AM
I want Xykon to be killed.... Soon. I don't want Soon to kill him, as soon is dead. I want Xykon to die very soon so that the OOTS can go back to adventuring around in random dungeons!:smallbiggrin:

Fat Tony
2008-04-18, 11:22 AM
Roy should nail Xykon by hitting him really hard with that cosmo-stick of his, and Redcloak smashes the necklace.

turkishproverb
2008-04-18, 12:22 PM
Xykon's death, in my opinion, should be a grand thing in the comic caused by massive destructicve forces. Therefore, the creature in my opinion that should destroy Xykon:

A Cowering Kobold. :smalltongue:

He'd never see it coming. :3

Had he been chased there by Belkar?

Cthulhu101
2008-04-18, 02:46 PM
I say Kyuss, A dracolich, a balor, a pit fiend, an inevitable, A solar angel, a dragon, Redcloak, the monster in the darkness, or a Corpse tearer linnorm slaughter him.

Reasons for MITD destroying Xykon, MITD decides that if he's powerful enough to be worth hiding for so long, he's strong enough to destroy Xykon, then he'll walk up to Xykon and rip him to shreds, then destroy the phylactery.

A pit fiend, Xykon's power would grow to the point that his Chaoticness would no longer be able to be concealed from the forces of law, then the nine hells would send the max hit dice pit fiend, who would then destroy xykon.

Dragon, if xykon ever touches one orb of dragonkind, this fate would be inevitable *pun not intended*

Inevitable, A advanced marut with class levels will destroy him for attempting to cheat death *Tis the fate of so many liches*.

Balor, the abyss get's tired of waiting for Xykon's soul, so they send a max hit dice balor to speed up his destruction, probably via implosion.

Solar, a lawful good max hit dice solar is sent from celestia to obliterate Xykon, *which it would do so with ease*.

Redcloak *mentioned already*

Dracolich, A red or blue dragon with 24 more virtual age categories comes, to prove racial superiority. Or uses command undead and enslaves Xykon forever.

Corpse tearer linnorm, I see enslavement as a more likely fate from these beasts.

The Wanderer
2008-04-18, 02:50 PM
I'd say that only dying at Roy's hands, Redcloak's, or the Snarl will do.

For myself, I'd love to see Redcloak give Xykon his final (and long overdue) comeuppance.

Nerdanel
2008-04-18, 04:01 PM
Xykon gets killed by Roy and then some nice soul resurrects our favorite lich before he starts to regenerate from the phylactery. Xykon is now alive! He's weaker than he used to be, but he is again capable of enjoying the simple pleasures of life, so he's ecstatic. He abandons the whole world conquest thing and heads straight to the nearest bar to drink coffee and look at the girls (the not being a biophiliac self-deceit now being unnecessary to his mental wellbeing). After a few weeks of that his maximum lifespan comes up. He gets a heart attack and dies.

But really I don't want to see the end of :xykon: Xykon for a deity (or at least a demon prince, since in the OOTS world people seem to retain their powers after death, so I think Xykon could do pretty well for himself in the Abyss)!

Yogi
2008-04-18, 05:42 PM
Elan, in wanting to become more powerful, constantly looks over V's shoulder to try and learn magic, He fails, but gains enough knowledge of the jargon to bleff Xykon into thinking he knows magic theory. Pretending to switch sides (more Bluff checks) he "assists" in Xykon's research on how to harness the Snarl. This, of course, causes the ritual to backfire in a rather hilarious way that wnds up with Xykon and his phylactry eaten by the Snarl.

LM TR
2008-04-18, 06:42 PM
Xykon is already "dead"

Cthulhu101
2008-04-18, 06:52 PM
Xykon gets killed by Roy and then some nice soul resurrects our favorite lich before he starts to regenerate from the phylactery. Xykon is now alive! He's weaker than he used to be, but he is again capable of enjoying the simple pleasures of life, so he's ecstatic. He abandons the whole world conquest thing and heads straight to the nearest bar to drink coffee and look at the girls (the not being a biophiliac self-deceit now being unnecessary to his mental wellbeing). After a few weeks of that his maximum lifespan comes up. He gets a heart attack and dies.

But really I don't want to see the end of :xykon: Xykon for a deity (or at least a demon prince, since in the OOTS world people seem to retain their powers after death, so I think Xykon could do pretty well for himself in the Abyss)!

Orcus took thousands of years to get where he is now, and he used to be one evil mortal dictator person. Orcus would destroy Xykon's petitioner form before he could be of any threat to him. Or maybe he'll wind up getting killed by a Devil *I hope it's bel because pit fiends are just awesome*, or a Ultraloth slays him.

hanzo66
2008-04-18, 06:58 PM
I previously imagined the end of Xykon to be like this...

At the climax, Xykon, through a series of events somehow (IE intervention of the Snarl/Gods, the destruction of his phylactery, some well-cast magic) is rendered a mere talking skull with no magic whatsoever. Roy, deciding that Xykon can no longer do any more damage (and just because he may just look cool over a fireplace) takes him as a trophy, where he is treated as a mere pet by future generation.

Redcloak, I would like to see him have a Heel Face Turn eventually, but another fate would be that he ultimately accepts the horrors he has done and submits to the Order, giving a dramatic speech before asking them to kill him. Before Roy is able to properly execute him, Belkar stabs him to death/mutilates him as well as looting him, with the Order reacting either fairly apathetic (Durkon, Haley and Vaarsuvius) or somewhat sympathetically (Roy and Elan).

Charles Phipps
2008-04-18, 07:35 PM
I admit, I'd like to see Roy fulfill the Blood Oath of Vengance. But there is someone I'd rather see kill Xykon.

Redcloak

I would hate that. Redcloak is the one responsible for all of the stuff you mentioned. Xykon may have a huge kharmic debt to pay but while Xykon deserves death.

Redcloak is the only one who should have his soul destroyed. Xykon is just evil, Redcloak knows better and does it anyway.

He's much worse than Xykon will ever be.

Draco Dracul
2008-04-18, 08:42 PM
I previously imagined the end of Xykon to be like this...

At the climax, Xykon, through a series of events somehow (IE intervention of the Snarl/Gods, the destruction of his phylactery, some well-cast magic) is rendered a mere talking skull with no magic whatsoever. Roy, deciding that Xykon can no longer do any more damage (and just because he may just look cool over a fireplace) takes him as a trophy, where he is treated as a mere pet by future generation.

That is the coolest fate to be used aginst any villian ever, an incredablely powerful lich who can't even be bothered to remember roy's name, reduced to a mere nik-nak.

hylian chozo
2008-04-18, 09:10 PM
I'd like to see Redcloak pull a Heel Face Turn by betraying Xykon and destroying the phylactery. Xykon is then destroyed by Roy due to being distracted by Redcloak. Then Redcloak dies in a Heroic Sacrifice (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HeroicSacrifice) to stop the Snarl from breaking free after realizing that it will destroy everything, goblins and all.

hanzo66
2008-04-18, 11:52 PM
That is the coolest fate to be used aginst any villian ever, an incredablely powerful lich who can't even be bothered to remember roy's name, reduced to a mere nik-nak.

Basically Xykon is reduced to becoming Murray from Monkey Island...

dragongirl13
2008-04-19, 12:18 AM
I, like Supreme Evil, would much like to see Xykon punished for all the goblins he has killed. I am a goblin sympathizer, and Xykon has killed who knows how many goblins?

My second choice would be Roy or another Order member killing Xykon and fulfilling Roy's dad's blood oath, so that we can see the look on Eugene's face when the angel who interviews him says he's True Neutral and has to spend the afterlife in the Outlands.

Randel
2008-04-19, 01:52 AM
Xykon, Redcloak, and Belkar are all locked in an anti-magic cell (which also blocks Xykons paralyzing touch but not necessarily his phlactory-induced regeneration).

Belkar kills Redcloak without a seconds thought and then rips Xykon apart piece by piece (just like he did to "Skulsy" the flame-and-fear thing).

Belkar then spends a few years incarcerated with an utterly helpless and immortal Xykon to use as his plaything. Imagine him using his skull as a bowling ball and carved up sections of his spine and femur bones as pins (and occasionally using Xykons skull as an emergency chamberpot).

Of course the kicker is that Belkar would never actually destroy Xykon (because then he wouldn't get to torment him and get free XP) so Xykon would never be defeated and the bloodoath that Eugene made would keep his soul trapped in limbo for all eternity (that'll teach him to make blood oaths that he doesn't plan on carrying out himself).

If someone arranges to build the Antimagic Cell in the afterlife where Chaotic Evil people go and then Planeshift Xykons phylactery there... then Belkar could die and still mess with Xykon forever.

Assassin89
2008-10-13, 06:33 PM
A fire wizard burns Xykon with an overpowered fireball.Xykon then is forced into a bureaucracy that handles death and he is constantly assigned to collecting souls and demoted to the lowest rank. Idea brought to you by irregular webcomic (http://irregularwebcomic.net/cast/death.html)

David Argall
2008-10-13, 06:48 PM
Xykon should die several hundred strips from now. The slower he dies, the longer the comic lasts.

Warlord JK
2008-10-13, 10:32 PM
I completely want Redcloak and Roy to tag-team Xykon with a huge epic speech by Redcloak while Roy follows up with his own insane follow-up. Then MITD gets set off and Roy and Redcloak fight him and either kill him or break the hypnosis. Then Roy and Redcloak destroy Xykon in a huge battle. :smallbiggrin:

Pronounceable
2008-10-13, 11:36 PM
Feeling necrotic, are we?

Xykon should die several hundred strips from now. The slower he dies, the longer the comic lasts.

How could a lich die slowly? Bone marrow cancer?

chiasaur11
2008-10-13, 11:49 PM
Feeling necrotic, are we?

How could a lich die slowly? Bone marrow cancer?

Phylactery in a trash compactor.
A very, very slowly closing trash compactor.

chronoplasm
2008-10-13, 11:59 PM
The phylactery should get stuck in someone's butt.

Finwe
2008-10-14, 12:39 AM
Ray of Frost

(poetic justice :smallamused:)

Prowl
2008-10-14, 12:54 AM
I would like to see Xykon die by committing suicide ("I can't take it anymore!!!") after reading the n*1000th forum post referencing TVTropes.

Raging Gene Ray
2008-10-14, 12:58 AM
The phylactery should get stuck in someone's butt.

Keepin' it classy.

Finwe
2008-10-14, 01:23 AM
Keepin' it classy.

**** you, San Deigo!

mlsq42
2008-10-14, 05:51 AM
As a Pro Wrestling fan and, more importantly, a Pro Wrestler, I'd like to point out that you don't need to say Heel Face Turn. Face Turn is sufficient, Heel Face Turn is kinda redundant (Face Turn implies that whoever it was was Heel). I'm not saying it's not correct, but it's just not required.

Not that I'd want to argue against what is apparently felt to be the fount of all knowledge.

Oh, and Xykon 'dies' through some horribly ironic and/or bizarre thing (like MITD dropping him into the Snarl to go have Ice Cream with Thog without thinking), and then the final panel shows him regenerating and/or in another world, perhaps ours.

Mariel Dragon
2008-10-14, 10:10 AM
I see only two possibilities to ultimately destroy Xykon, given that he is not converted or kept alive (because an alive Xykon-no matter how good guarded-could somehow be freed and I don't think Rich is gonna leave that possibility open) and those two possibilities are:

1) Xykon's body is destroyed and his phylactery is also. This could be accomplished by Redcloak or someone who kills him.

2) Xykon is undone by the Snarl. If he is undone, I presume the Snarl destroys his soul, leaving his phylactery utterly useless.

I cannot imagine a concrete scenario, I just hope it features :mitd: and :thog:, but I think it will also include great action by :roy: and :redcloak:

AKA_Bait
2008-10-14, 10:51 AM
I think it will also include great action by :roy: and :redcloak:

I think that's pretty mucn inevitable. Personally I'd like to see it happen after something like:

:roy: Wait, wait, wait, you aren't trying to destroy the gates, release the snarl and rule the world?

:redcloak: No, I just want a fair shake for goblins. Heck, I'll even help you rebuild the gates and thats despite the fact that you are bloodthirsty evil human.

:roy: Huh.

Morty
2008-10-14, 10:56 AM
:roy: Wait, wait, wait, you aren't trying to destroy the gates, release the snarl and rule the world?

:redcloak: No, I just want a fair shake for goblins. Heck, I'll even help you rebuild the gates and thats despite the fact that you are bloodthirsty evil human.

:roy: Huh.

Actually, Order's possible reactions after learing about Redcloak's real plans is a subject for an entirely different discussion.

AKA_Bait
2008-10-14, 11:22 AM
Actually, Order's possible reactions after learing about Redcloak's real plans is a subject for an entirely different discussion.

Well sure, but the orders reaction to Redcloaks plans may have a huge impact on how Xykon is eventually destroyed. I was just postulating this as something I'd like to see shortly before. If you want to start another thread specifically about the orders possible reactions, I'll gladly participate.

V Junior
2008-10-14, 11:23 AM
My idea's something like this:

During the Final Showdown (TM), Xykon badly injures a pregnant (with twins!) Haley. Elan runs to her side, and Redcloak realises that they're family, which reminds him of his own family, and then of what happened to them. Heel Face Turn/What Have I Done? moment. MitD charges after Redcloak, who is rescued by the Order. Redcloak tells Roy about the phylactery (sorry if that's spelt wrong), and ROy smashes it. Xykon has a 'I think this all got a lot more dangerous for me' moment, and Roy charges out, and kills Xykon, throwing him into the final gate, which, for some reason, opens. The Snarl appears and mortally wounds Belkar. V gets Ultimate Arcane Power, and then uses Belkar's dying soul to repair the world. Flash to AC, where Hinjo sees an absolutly massive Gate-sapphire smash, and nothing explodes. He stares.

Meanwhile, everything is okay over at the final gate. Roy and Redcloak agree to work together for fair rights for goblins, they shake hands (human and goblin, which has never happened before, not even Redcloak/Xykon), Haley's OK, V's lost UAP in making Belkar part of the world, everything's cool ... except that Xykon has dropped a scroll, which a hiding Nale picks up, and opens it.

:nale:: Ultimate Ritual of Pure Unholy Darkness? That gives me an idea... -evil grin-

Which leads onto a Five Years Later sequel. Nale becomes an evil engine of pure hatred (no, NOT a Dalek!) and there is only one way to stop him...

Morty
2008-10-14, 11:35 AM
Well sure, but the orders reaction to Redcloaks plans may have a huge impact on how Xykon is eventually destroyed. I was just postulating this as something I'd like to see shortly before. If you want to start another thread specifically about the orders possible reactions, I'll gladly participate.

I wanted to, but having not read SoD, I refrained from it. I just felt it was woth pointing out.

starfalconkd
2008-10-14, 11:37 AM
I'm of the opinion that there will be a gap between Xykon's phylactery getting smashed and his final death. I hope his death is in a battle with Roy. Other than that I'm just gonna sit back and watch the comic.

Roupe
2008-10-14, 11:50 AM
My estimations for a plausible chain of event.
For stealth reasons (or to sneak past without arousing suspision).Elan, uses illusions to pose as Redcloak
Monster in The Dark notice this Redcloak and takes his statements as true, the fake Redcloak (Elan) statements/improvisations and actions make Redcloak a traitor,

The Monster in the darkness intellect makes its realization after the fact. Several strips after the fact.
this triggers Monster in The Dark to attack the Real Redcloak (additional strips later) for betraying Xykon. This attack happens at the worst timing for red cloak and Xykon.

Xykon is distracted by this, giving the oots members time for a decisive stroke with roys sword. or the gate for blowing up in his face (again).

Xykons soul is later bound by magic imprisoned in a crystal shaped like a ashtray.

Kami2awa
2008-10-14, 11:50 AM
SoD spoiler

In SoD, Xykon hypnotized the Monster in the Darkness and ordered him to kill Redcloak and save the Phylactery if Redcloak ever betrays Xykon.
I can't imagine that Rich would put that in there without that happening at some point.

Do you think MitD is intelligent enough to carry out those instructions correctly?

MitD: Lord Xykon. I destroyed your phylactery and saved Redcloak, just like you wanted! Also, I got you this popcorn!

Cleverdan22
2008-10-14, 11:52 AM
My theory is that the
daughter from SoD will come back
which will in some way be involved with Xykon's destruction. Roy has to be the one to kill Xykon, otherwise it is not satisfying, and Redcloak WILL be involved in some way, but will probably end up dying.

Lamech
2008-10-14, 01:10 PM
I like a couple others would like to see the Dark One stomp Xykon for all those goblins he killed that would be richly deserved.:smallamused:
As soon as the ritual is complete and the Dark One gets what he wants I hope he opens up some divine wrath on Xykon. Right when he is celebrating.

wotsnow
2008-10-14, 02:04 PM
Perhaps the activation of the MitD's hypnosis in the future will be counteracted by thoughts of O-Chul, convincing MitD to kill Xykon instead.

Jorrath_Zek
2008-10-14, 02:08 PM
I don't want him to Die.

I want to see Redcloak turn on Him by destroying the Amulet, and get killed for his effort by the MitD. Xykon, realizing his vulnerability could then run away and take up petty evils again.

Meanwhile, the Hobo's surve MitD, and he puts them to work farming and making him Stew.

Meanwhile the OotS has to fight the Linear Guild for control of the final gate, but end up having to fight the snarl together, and everyone dies except Elan and Haley...

Roy got to Celesta happily leaving his father to stew in his Blood Oath while watching Xykon raze coffee shops kill petty city guards while grumbling that he's having more fun now than he ever could have from a throne... Xykon could go on like that for a very very very long time leaving Eugene getting his just deserves.

lordofthe_wog
2008-10-14, 02:15 PM
It would certainly be cool if Redcloak kills himself and destroys the phylactery in one move, allowing Roy and the gang to fight Xykon on a "dead-stays-dead" basis. As for what I want, though... I dunno. Massive explosions.

And Redcloak wins forever.

hamishspence
2008-10-14, 02:49 PM
My preference is as follows:

Ritual is performed, gate is warped, Dark One materialises, does his "this is for the good of all goblins" speech.
Xykon, being an epic mage and double-crossing git, shoves Dark One with magic into the Snarl's maw.

Xykon gloats about ruling universe with this power.

Then,
EITHER:
Redcloak, vengefully dives at him, and hurls them both into Snarl's jaws, which gives it the energy needed to break free, and Order have to defeat it,
OR:
Death of Dark one gives it energy to get free, it eats Xykon, Redcloak heroically sacrifices himself to aid the Order in defeating the snarl.

While both concepts are pretty cheesy and cliched, they do give the villains appropriate Karmic Deaths.

chronoplasm
2008-10-14, 04:04 PM
OK, so heres what I want to see:

First off, Vaarsuvius dies and becomes a Lich.
Belkar dies and joins Roy.
Durkon leaves the Order of the Stick and retires.
Haley reunites with Elan and convinces Vaarsuvius to rejoin the order.
The group manages to get the Roy bone-golem. Vaarsuvius reprograms it to serve the order.

The new OotS lineup is:
Elan (as the new leader with Roy gone)
Haley
Vaarsuvius (lich)
Bone-Golem (Roy)

OK, with that said...

Redcloak dies and becomes a lich. Goblin liches are something you don't see nearly enough.
Redcloak kills Xykon and turns his remains into a bone-golem using the old phlactery as a power source.
Nale dies, but the japanese necromancer chick raises him.

So now we have...

Elan vs. Zombie Nale
Haley vs. japanese necromancer chick.
Vaarsuvius lich vs. Redcloak lich
bone-golem Roy vs. bone-golem Xykon

Somehow, Xykon's spirit has merged with the snarl, and broken through.
Durkon shows up, having successfully managed to rais Roy and Belkar.
Roy comes back dual-classed as a Swordmage, Belkar comes back dual-classed as a warlord.
The lineup:
Roy (Swordmage saint)
Belkar (Warlord saint)
Haley
Elan
Vaarsuvius (lich)
Durkon (epic cleric)

They manage to get Xykon and the snarl, now amalgamated into eachother, to fight one another and destroy itself.

THE END

JT Jag
2008-10-14, 04:20 PM
Note that if Xykon gets thrown into a Rift, it won't matter what happens to the phylactery. Getting one's soul destroyed trumps lich resuscitation.[/spoiler]From my understanding, Xykon's soul isn't located in his body: It's simply a golem his mind is temporarily inhabiting. His true soul is REALLY in the phylactery.

ericgrau
2008-10-14, 07:44 PM
carelessness... again.

Kish
2008-10-14, 08:32 PM
From my understanding, Xykon's soul isn't located in his body: It's simply a golem his mind is temporarily inhabiting. His true soul is REALLY in the phylactery.
No, his soul is in his body until his body is destroyed.

This is an important plot point in SoD.

snoopy13a
2008-10-15, 10:19 AM
I don't want Xykon to die, he's the funniest character in the strip.

Surrealistik
2008-10-15, 10:23 AM
Agreed, easily the best of them all.

derfenrirwolv
2008-10-15, 03:10 PM
Xykon HAS to die by large pointy metal object, just because it would make Eugene wrong.

Redcloak gives an evil rant and tells xykon why he's destroying the phylactery (he has [varsuvius] to replace him)

The :mitd: 's post hypnotic suggestion kicks in, and he destroys redcloak... along with the phylactery. Seriously, MonsterSan has all the sublety of a spider monkey with a rail gun. If he takes out redcloak, he'll take out whatever RC is holding)

Callista
2008-10-15, 05:28 PM
All those "I don't want Xykon to die" people... come on, now, is he going to die anytime soon? As a villain, he has to have some kind of bad fate--probably permanent death or eternal imprisonment--but when he does it'll be near the end of the story. We'll have Xykon-y goodness (evilness?) for the rest of the OotS, whether or not he dies.

Green-Shirt Q
2008-10-15, 05:33 PM
Redcloak does not betray Xykon. Not only will that NEVER happen, but it would also make all of "Start of Darkness" completely pointless.

Roy crushes Xykon's head with his blade. Or Elan accidentally pushes a rock over a cliff that inadvertanly crushes Xykon's head. Or something along those lines.

Deepkicker
2008-10-15, 06:20 PM
Redcloak does not betray Xykon. Not only will that NEVER happen, but it would also make all of "Start of Darkness" completely pointless.

Roy crushes Xykon's head with his blade. Or Elan accidentally pushes a rock over a cliff that inadvertanly crushes Xykon's head. Or something along those lines.

Start of Darkness set up how Redcloak's character is now, but that does not mean he doesn't have the capacity to change. I'm not saying Redcloak should suddenly decide to mend his ways or anything like that, but his tolerance for his master may someday wane, perhaps to the point where he decides to off him in spite of all the goblins who's blood are indirectly on Redcloak's hands. There's quite a lot left in this comic. We have no idea what way it might go.

Personally, having Xykon eventually die by the hands of Redcloak would be my ideal way to see him go. Ideal, but I wouldn't mind too much if that didn't happen.

JT Jag
2008-10-15, 06:59 PM
No, his soul is in his body until his body is destroyed.

This is an important plot point in SoD.Just re-read SoD, you're right.

Lord_Drayakir
2008-10-15, 11:23 PM
Am I the only person who a) thinks that Redcloak is NOT going to do a face-heel turn, and b) thinks that Xykon shouldn't die?

I mean, seriously, there are spells to change a person's alignment. Like, permanently. Not to mention various applications of charms, dominate persons', thrall spells, the all-favorite Mindrape spell, and so on. Wouldn't it make sense to turn Xykon human (via a handy-dandy Magic Jar spell), and then use all that mind-altering magic to make him a force for good, and then bring him back to a Lich body.

Can you imagine what a powerful force for good he would become. Good-aligned people are generally afraid of accumulating much power, but making an Evil character good means he already HAS that power. I dunno. I'm prejudiced against non-humans, and prejudiced against humans when thinking about undead, so I might have a biased opinion.

And as for Redcloak, I think he'll die an ignominious death when he crosses Xykon, or the MitD.

chiasaur11
2008-10-16, 12:07 AM
Am I the only person who a) thinks that Redcloak is NOT going to do a face-heel turn, and b) thinks that Xykon shouldn't die?

I mean, seriously, there are spells to change a person's alignment. Like, permanently. Not to mention various applications of charms, dominate persons', thrall spells, the all-favorite Mindrape spell, and so on. Wouldn't it make sense to turn Xykon human (via a handy-dandy Magic Jar spell), and then use all that mind-altering magic to make him a force for good, and then bring him back to a Lich body.

Can you imagine what a powerful force for good he would become. Good-aligned people are generally afraid of accumulating much power, but making an Evil character good means he already HAS that power. I dunno. I'm prejudiced against non-humans, and prejudiced against humans when thinking about undead, so I might have a biased opinion.

And as for Redcloak, I think he'll die an ignominious death when he crosses Xykon, or the MitD.

Mind wiping Xykon to be good?

Seems a fairly evil act, really. And when Xykon finds out...

Killing him would be the better option.

Yarram
2008-10-16, 12:12 AM
I reckon... Xycon should die of sexual exhaustion. Yeah... Heh. Heh.

Assassin89
2008-10-16, 01:27 PM
How about one of the following

Summons a being that destroys him with branston pickle
killed by someone he though he had killed
killed by a tonberry

Ravens_cry
2008-10-16, 01:40 PM
I reckon... Xycon should die of sexual exhaustion. Yeah... Heh. Heh.
While I strongly doubt that will be a spoiler, I think you have spoiled my brain.
Seriously, it oozing out of my ears here. . .:smallyuk:

Forealms
2008-10-19, 04:09 PM
I would like Xykon and Redcloak to die in much the same way Finx is destroyed here (http://ah.indolents.com/comic/128). would that be too much to ask?