PDA

View Full Version : Loremaster Question 7 Divine spells

AnnShadow
2008-04-10, 09:42 AM
What does it mean
Spells: Able to cast seven different divination spells, one of which must be 3rd level or higher.

Does that mean Have 7 divine spell in your spell book one 3rd level or be able to have 7 divine spells memorized one of which is 3rd?

RTGoodman
2008-04-10, 09:55 AM
It's not divine spells, it's Divination spells (that is, spells of the Divination school of magic, like scrying spells, true strike, detect magic, etc.).

You have to just be able to cast seven total spells from that school, but at least one of them has to be a 3rd level spell or higher. You don't have to have them all memorized, you just have to have the ability to cast them (so, you have to have 7 known for a Sorcerer, 7 in your spellbook for Wizard, 7 in your prayerbook for Archivist, etc.).

Chronos
2008-04-10, 05:12 PM
Note also that it's really tough for a wizard (the most common base class for Loremaster) to fail to meet that prerequisite. Wizards automatically know all of the 0th-level spells, and that's three divinations right there. And there's no limit to the number of spells you can have in your book (well, beyond number of pages, but then you just start on Spellbook, Volume II), so you'll probably have picked up a bunch of others by the time you meet the skill requirement (7th level at the earliest). For clerics and druids, it's even easier, since they automatically know all of the spells of a level they have access to.

Frosty
2008-04-10, 05:28 PM
Does it count if you can spontaneously cast ALL divination spells?

Nebo_
2008-04-10, 05:39 PM
Does it count if you can spontaneously cast ALL divination spells?

This is one of those questions that can be solved by thinking about it.

Overlord
2008-04-11, 12:19 AM
Frosty, Nebo, I'm having a hard time telling if both, one, or neither of you were being sarcastic. It's hard to tell these things on the internet. :smallwink:

Frosty
2008-04-11, 12:51 AM
On a completely unrelated note, I see your new avatar, Overlord, and I approve!

Nebo_
2008-04-11, 01:51 AM
Frosty, Nebo, I'm having a hard time telling if both, one, or neither of you were being sarcastic. It's hard to tell these things on the internet. :smallwink:

I wasn't being sarcastic, I was being caustic. I can't see how there is any confusion over whether being able to cast all divination spells counts as being able to cast 7 or more divination spells.