PDA

View Full Version : I was born of the firebirds [Base class] (needs critics)

Kiren
2008-04-10, 02:01 PM
Ashkinetic

Those whose power came from the bloodline of the phoenix or one chosen by the phoenix, the Ash Kinetic is the commander
of the flames themselves, the Ash Kinetic controls the chaotic force of fire, ussually by channeling into the great power
of the phoenix.

Special: Chaotic allignment

D8

Skill Points at 1st Level

(2 + Int modifier) ×4.

Fort good

Ref poor

Will good

BaB: as cleric

Level
1 Forged of flames, Orphan of the flames
2 Phoenixfire 1d6/3
3 Ash Trap
4 Befriend flames
5 Phoenixfire 2d6/4
6 Inner Flame
7 Thermal shield
8 Scorched Tactics
9 Phoenixfire 3d6/5
10 Reforged of flames,
11 Chosen flame
12 Phoenixfire 4d6/6
13 Flight of the endless flame
14 Orphan's Destiny
15 Phoenixfire 5d6/7
16 Flicker Form
17 Ashcoat
18 Phoenixfire 6d6/8
19 Rise from the ashes,
20 rain of the Phoenix, Phoenixfire 7d6/9

Forged of Flames

Gains a Shortsword, shortspear, Spiked chain, Bow or crossbow of fire, chosen weapon is made of crystalized fire and
grants weapon (or arrows) Flaming. Weapons can be broken and take a move action to summon, A sheath will also form with
melee weapons and quivers for ranged weapons, Weapons dissapear when the leave your person*Arrows will dissapear when
they hit their target* . If weapon is Bow or crossbow, by sacrificing gold equaling the
value of the arrows you want, you may gain the arrows bought. The weapons will be allowed to take feats for
the weapon chosen for.

Orphan of Flames
The AshKinetic is granted a Unwanted egg from a mother phoenix to carefor, eggs have a hardness of 10 and are unable to
defend themselves, the egg will hatch after 1d12 weeks and turn into a baby phoenix, at level 13 the phoenix will take
a path as it will be strong enough to do so, the phoenix in egg form will give a +2 on charisma checks (+3 against Females)
As a baby *In addition to charisma* will give extra damage of half your level till level 10 and full levels onward.
Orphan's destiny phoenix's keep these. If the phoenix dies the Ash kinetic loses all abilitys except sword+ enchants.The
caretaker must Give up theirpowers for 1 week and proform a ritual at the end of the week for the phoenix to use
the powers of fire saved for it to rise leaving ashes where it forms. The ritual takes 1 hour. The Ash kinetic may chose
to regain his or her powers as a standard action but must restart the week over again.

Phoenix fire
The Ash kinetic gets the power to summon the fury of the phoenix's flame
At 2 Phoenixfire 1d6/3 150ft. At 5 Phoenixfire 2d6/4 200ft. At 9 Phoenixfire 3d6/5 250ft. At 12 Phoenixfire 4d6/6 300 ft.
At 15 Phoenixfire 5d6/7 350ft. At 18 Phoenixfire 6d6/8 400ft.

Ashtrap

Ranged touch attack, if hit they are forced to make a Balance check DC 10+ lvl(max DC 20) or be stuck in place for 1d4
rounds, on sucseful save speed is halved for 1d4-1 rounds

Befriend flames
Creatures with the fire subtype are 1 stage friendlier to you with a Char DC 10+ int mod of fire creature.

Fire Domain is my friend
Turn or rebuke water enemys 3/day + char mod

Inner Flame
As endure elements for Natural heat to 10 x lethal body heat and natural cold 2x lethal cold, 5 heat resistance and 5
cold resistance

Thermal Shield
As fireshield (warmshield only)

Scorched Tactics

The Ash Kinetic gains a phoenix feat

Reforged of flames,

Fire weapons bypass damage reduction for fire damage

Chosen flame,

A obtained weapon can now be transformed into a forged of flame weapon, the weapon once transformed cannot be sold or
removed, if another weapon is chosen to take its place then the old weapon is destroyed. Its a full action to make
a obtained weapon a Forged of flames weapon.

Flight of Endless flame

The Ashkinetic gains wings that may be represented by Fire or red feathers *or both, if fire is selected, black becomes a
optional feather to add* The Ash kinetic may fly at their land speed
Orphans Destiny (requires MM2)

The orphan may be ridden as a mount, requiring a exotic mount to ride. As a addition the mount is old enough to fend for
themselves and will be summonable as a standard action.

Flicker Form: You become fire itself with all strength and weakness. You gain a +10 to disguise checks, being made of
pure fire you are able to alter your appearance to that of any small, medium, or large Human-like creature as per
the alter self spell. Being made of fire you can scare others that don't know better, if they fail a Wisdom DC 10+ charisma
modifier you get a +10 Intimidate bonus,This ability is surpressed when in a altered form. Clothing and objects on person
will not resize or burn away.

Ashcoat
The Ash Kinetic is now Immune to fire damage of all kinds *anything that bypasses fire immunity still affects*

Rise from the Ashes
Once per month a Ash Kineticist may rise from a designated location *Must have been their once* after death.
The Kineticistwill appear at their selected place with non of their previous possessions from death, anyone around the
site of rising will take 2d10 dammage from a burst of flames *Ashes must be present at the sight*.

Rain of the Phoenix
Once a day the Ash Kineticist may unleash a rain of Fire on everyone within 100 feet of the Ash Kineticist for 20d20
damage, if the phoenix rain is focused on one creature, a pillar of fire attacks down on the creature for 40d20 damage.
The AshKineticist choses who will be affected by this, Rain of the Phoenix bypasses fire reduction and downgrades fire
immunity to 25% decrease in damage, No save, wooden objects become engulfed flame.

Phoenix feats

Phoenix Arc,

Preresquites Phoenixfire 2d6/4

Roll damage for one Phoenix fire, you may split the blast for 2 enemys at half damage each. A single blast may be
richoceted off a wall to hit a enemy. The arc is random and can possibly hit the character throwing it. roll a 1d6
1:ricochet hits character.
2: make a attack roll -double the ac of the creature attempted to be hit-
3: attack roll 1.5x ac
4: attack roll at 1.25x ac
5: attack roll at ac
6: attack roll as if target is flatfooted

I really need critics, and feat ideas.

Primal Fury
2008-04-10, 02:15 PM
at first glance, this seems pretty cool, nice abilities, i love the whole focus on the phoenix, though i think that the BAB should be as a Clerics instead of a Wizards. and what exactly is the BLood of the Phoenix template?

Kiren
2008-04-10, 02:19 PM
at first glance, this seems pretty cool, nice abilities, i love the whole focus on the phoenix, though i think that the BAB should be as a Clerics instead of a Wizards. and what exactly is the BLood of the Phoenix template?

Im going to add it depending on if I feel its worth it by the crtics, Im still thinking on the full focus of the template.

Kiren
2008-04-10, 07:55 PM
need's more critics

Azerian Kelimon
2008-04-10, 08:07 PM
It's interesting, but I can't really understand it because it's terribly disorganized. Could you table it?

Kiren
2008-04-10, 08:08 PM
It's interesting, but I can't really understand it because it's terribly disorganized. Could you table it?

Not good at that. Its not that disorganised

Azerian Kelimon
2008-04-10, 08:17 PM
Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10313). Scroll to the part that says 20 level base class.

Kiren
2008-04-10, 08:21 PM
Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10313). Scroll to the part that says 20 level base class.

I know about that its just I don't know how to set it up good.

StoryKeeper
2008-04-10, 08:30 PM
Haven't looked over it well yet, but wouldn't a single level dip into this basically give the character a free flaming weapon? The orphan of the flames sounds interesting, but it's a little confusing (at least to me) to read. Rain of the Phoenix doesn't seem to be listed in the table. Is it meant to be Blood of the Phoenix? Also, it seems rather strong. Once/day and able to kill just about anything out there? I know you don't get it until your enemies are really high powered, but it still seems a bit powerful.

I don't think it's too powerful overall, although I"m not the best person to ask. I really do like this idea. I think it would help if you organized it a little more, but I'm not at all organized myself so...

Once again, I do like it, I just feel it needs to be cleaned up slightly.

Kiren
2008-04-10, 09:19 PM
Haven't looked over it well yet, but wouldn't a single level dip into this basically give the character a free flaming weapon? The orphan of the flames sounds interesting, but it's a little confusing (at least to me) to read. Rain of the Phoenix doesn't seem to be listed in the table. Is it meant to be Blood of the Phoenix? Also, it seems rather strong. Once/day and able to kill just about anything out there? I know you don't get it until your enemies are really high powered, but it still seems a bit powerful.

I don't think it's too powerful overall, although I"m not the best person to ask. I really do like this idea. I think it would help if you organized it a little more, but I'm not at all organized myself so...

Once again, I do like it, I just feel it needs to be cleaned up slightly.

well heres the thing, its worth it to dip further in the class then one level, since the orphan is a burden until the Orphans destiny, where you can ride it as a MM2 phoenix, you lose the powers from the class, meaning it dies you are instantly unarmed. And yah a typo the blood of the phoenix that was supposed to be rain

D Knight
2008-04-10, 09:35 PM
class look just like pure fire stright off the back of the phoenix. but i am confused on orphan ablity and the templet you speak of gould you please link us to the templet if you can if not the summerize it. and above all bold is your best friend for abilty description.also good job and i can not wait too see how this turns out.

Kiren
2008-04-10, 10:00 PM
class look just like pure fire stright off the back of the phoenix. but i am confused on orphan ablity and the templet you speak of gould you please link us to the templet if you can if not the summerize it. and above all bold is your best friend for abilty description.also good job and i can not wait too see how this turns out.

I should of made it clearer, the template doesnt exist yet. Still balancing the main thing before I get into adding more power.

Kiren
2008-04-12, 11:10 AM
I improved my class by alot, I need alot of feat Ideas, no table but its not much of a problem. I think its kinda balanced now.