PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Ochul should try...?

ABB
2008-04-10, 03:26 PM
...running in the opposite direction?

Seriously, it seems he gets thrown in the acid with the shark, escapes, rushes xykon, gets frozen, repeats cycle.

Maybe, just maybe, he ought to think about running away from xykon, so, maybe, he could, like, escape, and then maybe get weapons, make a plan, etc.

Just saying...

FujinAkari
2008-04-10, 03:28 PM
Ok... he runs away... Xykon's ray of frost has a 30' range, so the SAME THING happens.

Next idea?

TehJhu
2008-04-10, 03:29 PM
He knows he can't escape. He may as well try to harm the ultimate evil and hope for a triple crit.

Khosan
2008-04-10, 05:00 PM
He knows he can't escape. He may as well try to harm the ultimate evil and hope for a triple crit.

Can't crit the undead, sadly.

Running isn't exactly a fantastic idea anyway. Everything moves as fast as he does, and he's in a castle full of hostiles. He could run out into the hall, where hobgoblins are likely standing guard (because that's what random no-name hobgoblins do) who could kill any random, low-HP, naked, escaped paladin who happened to run past.

And we've only seen O-chul put into one of these predicaments once, so we can't say he hasn't tried running away.

Sonar009
2008-04-10, 05:07 PM
He could run out into the hall, where hobgoblins are likely standing guard (because that's what random no-name hobgoblins do) who could kill any random, low-HP, naked, escaped paladin who happened to run past.

But he's the energizer bunny, a Rollex watch, and Jackie Chan all in one. JACKIE. FREAKING. CHAN. He'll think of something.

d'Bwobsling
2008-04-10, 05:30 PM
Can't crit the undead, sadly.

Running isn't exactly a fantastic idea anyway. Everything moves as fast as he does, and he's in a castle full of hostiles. He could run out into the hall, where hobgoblins are likely standing guard (because that's what random no-name hobgoblins do) who could kill any random, low-HP, naked, escaped paladin who happened to run past.

And we've only seen O-chul put into one of these predicaments once, so we can't say he hasn't tried running away.

He has the lay on hands ability, and with his smite evil a hobgoblin gaurd wouldn't stand a chance

Callista
2008-04-10, 05:50 PM
You're assuming there's an open door for him to run out of. That's highly unlikely, and the one round it takes to kick down or open a door is the same round it takes for Xykon to cast a spell.

If he made it out to the hall, he'd have a chance. But actually getting to the hall? Impossible. So is hitting Xykon, who obviously has a spell readied against a charge.

But think about it. You're a paladin. You're faced with two impossible tasks; you'll go down either way. Do you try to run away, or do you charge the enemy?

Khosan
2008-04-10, 06:26 PM
He has the lay on hands ability, and with his smite evil a hobgoblin gaurd wouldn't stand a chance

Since O-Chul has admitted to having Charisma as a dump stat, I'm not certain he has Lay on Hands in the first place (and even if he did have it, I don't think it would heal for too much, with the Fighter levels and all).

Lastly, I doubt 1d3+Str+His Paladin Levels would reliably be enough to get him all the way to safety.

TehJhu
2008-04-10, 06:53 PM
And yeah, a paladin would rather force the baddies to kill him while he charged the supreme evil than just run away.

Wanderlust
2008-04-10, 07:52 PM
You gotta give him credit for being that dedicated! I was shocked when I found out that wasn't his first attempt. Fooled me...