PDA

View Full Version : I need help with how to build this character

AngryRussian16
2008-04-10, 08:01 PM
My friends and I have started a new campaign and introduced a few new player's. Now, I have never played a character like mine right now, and I dont know how to advance him, class-wise.

He is a halfling paladin (Hey, we only do core races and only the "complete" series and I wanted to play something Ive never played before as our last hurrah before 4th edition)

Str - 13
Dex - 14
Con - 14
Wis - 14
Int- 10
Cha - 17

Currently level 2, with power attack as my feat choice

Any prestige class suggestions, feat progression, etc. would be appreciated

If it helps, he is a slightly arrogant, vain man with an inferiority complex

Azerian Kelimon
2008-04-10, 08:03 PM
Wanna play something you've never played? :biggrin:

Play Psionics. I believe every important thing is in the SRD. A psywar is a blast, as is a psion. Stay away from Wilders and Soulknives, though.

Nohwl
2008-04-10, 08:07 PM
whats wrong with soulknives and wilders?

AngryRussian16
2008-04-10, 08:08 PM
DM hates psionics, believe me, I tried :p

also, if it helps, the DM has hinted that I will get an unusual mount

rest of the party

L2 Human Fighter (this is Belkar in human form, were having an alignment talk with him at the moment :p )
L2 Elven Druid
L1 Human Cleric
L2 Gnome Bard
L1 Human Monk
L1 Human Wizard

Go ahead and post a few, hes open to give house rules a try before making a decision on them. Thank you

Azerian Kelimon
2008-04-10, 08:10 PM

Soulknives suck, Wilders get a piddly amount of powers in exchange for crappy class features.

Is your DM resistant to houserules? Because I have a few nice combat moves that make melee characters more lively. They're a bit on the strong side, but I don't think they're broken.

ForzaFiori
2008-04-10, 08:11 PM

they're underpowered. Wilder is overshadowed by psion, and soulknives would have a bit of trouble standing up to a monk.

Yvian
2008-04-10, 08:26 PM
What you are trying to do is hard. I know because I tried.

I played a strongheart hafling [bonus feat at 1st level, non core]
I then hit Halfling outrider and Caviler. Fun to play, but boy did it suck up a lot feats.

I would shoot for Mounted combat, Ride by attack, spirited charge. While not strictly core, try to convince you DM to let you use the Leadership feat to pick up a Med Dragon as your paladin mount. I would argue that Caviler would be a better way to go.

FlyMolo
2008-04-10, 08:50 PM
Go Whisperknife, from... Player's guide to Eberron? You'll need fighter and rogue levels for it, though. Worth it if you're going to be fighting standard size people.

But play a Thri-Kreen. Even without psionics, pick up leap attack and battle jump or something, then exploit the +30 racial jump bonus.

Frosty
2008-04-10, 09:04 PM
Take Skill Focus (Handle Animal) and try to qualify for Beastmaster as quickly as possible. then, takje Devoted tracker, and take Halfling Outrider and Wild Plains Outrider. Maybe take Leadership so you can get a dragon or some other cool thing as your mount.

Laugh maniacally as your mount is twice as strong as you are and pwns all.