PDA

View Full Version : Best planar shepherd build?

purplearcanist
2008-04-11, 08:39 PM
What is the best planar shepherd build?

You can only use planes in the d20 cosmology.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-04-11, 08:43 PM
Druid 10/Planar Shephard 10, choose Abyss. There's a 20HD demon with CR 25. Period.

Squash Monster
2008-04-11, 09:29 PM
Wrong.

Druid 5 / Planar Shepherd 10 / Druid 5

Choose the elemental plane of fire. Summon Efreeti, which can grant three wishes per day each.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-04-11, 09:31 PM
Wrong again. Take the plane that gives you 60 actions to one of your enemies. Become an initiative whore. Proceed to win with full attacks and no spells.

Worira
2008-04-11, 09:36 PM
Who cares? It's planar shepherd.

dman11235
2008-04-11, 09:38 PM
Wrong again, again. Think Efreeti, and the current path to Pun-Pun...

But without being ridiculous you are correct AK, at least in my opinion.

The_Snark
2008-04-11, 09:51 PM
The Region of Dreams (Manual of the Planes) is Dal Quor only absurdly better. Flowing time... plus any expended resources or changes from the time you initiate the planar bubble are undone when the bubble ends. Up to and including death. The Inhabitants entry simply mentions that all manner of creatures are found in Dream, so arguably there is no limit to what you can Wild Shape into. You can use the Lucid Dreaming skill to alter your little bubble of reality however you please, although that doesn't extend to attacks.

The sole drawback is that you don't gain experience points while in the planar bubble.

Squash Monster
2008-04-11, 11:06 PM
Wrong again. Take the plane that gives you 60 actions to one of your enemies. Become an initiative whore. Proceed to win with full attacks and no spells.I thought we were going for the default cosmology. That's not in it, is it?

JaxGaret
2008-04-12, 12:04 AM
I thought we were going for the default cosmology. That's not in it, is it?

No, it's from Eberron.

However, might I just point out two things: the Planar Shepherd itself is from Eberron (thus Dal Quor is part of the default cosmology for Planar Shepherds), also the OP said "d20 cosmology", which doesn't mean the same thing as default cosmology - it would encompass all d20 books which is pretty much everything; or nothing at all since D&D isn't technically a d20 product.