PDA

View Full Version : [PrC]Light Warden

That Guy
2008-04-11, 09:13 PM
LightWarden

HD=d8

Requirments
Skills: Knowledge (Planes) 10 Ranks
Feats: Great Fortitude, Skill Focus Knowledge (Planes)
Spells: Able to cast 1st level Divine spells

Class Skills:
The Light Warden's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (Planes)(Int), Profession (Wis), Spellcraft (Int)

Skill Points at Each Level:2 + Int Modifier

{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spells

1st|
+0|
+2|
+0|
+0|Positive Energy|+1 level of existing Divine spellcasting class

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+0|Enhanced Healing|+1 level of existing Divine spellcasting class

3rd|
+2|
+3|
+1|
+1|Positive Fortitude|+1 level of existing Divine spellcasting class

4th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+1|Negative Energy Resistance|+1 level of existing Divine spellcasting class

5th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+1|Positive Channeling|+1 level of existing Divine spellcasting class[/table]

Class Features

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: All Light Wardens are proficient with all simple weapons, with all armors, and with all shields except tower shields.

Positive Energy: At 1st level A Light Warden's connection to the positive energy plane grants them extra health. Light Wardens gain 1 extra hp per HD.

Enhanced Healing: At 2nd level, A Light Warden gains a bonus that increases his/her effective caster level for purposes of determining level-dependent spell variables and for caster level checks. This bonus is +2 to all spells cast from Conjuration (Healing) sub group. This bonus stacks with other bonuses that contribute to spells cast from this group.

Positive Fortitude(Ex): At 3rd level, A Light Warden gains the ability to use the energy of a cure spell to grant himself/herself or an ally a temporary bonus to their hp, for each spell level of the cure spell the hp is 5+your base Con Modifier. for example, If a Light Warden with a base Con modifier of +2 casts a Positive Fortitude using a Cure Serious Wounds spell (3rd level cleric spell) the calculation would be 7+7+7=21 temporary hp. These temporary hp last for 1 hour. When the temporary hp expire, only the remaing temporary hp fade (all dmg is absorbed by the temporary hp). This ability is useable an amount of times per day equal to the Light Warden's base Con Mod to a minimum of 1.

Negative Energy Resistance(Ex): At 4th level, A Light Warden's connection to the positive energy plane grants him/her a resistance to negative energy damage. The Light Warden effectivley gains Negative Energy Resistance 10.

Positive Channeling(Ex): At 5th level, A Light Warden's intricate knowledge of the positive energy plane allows him/her to channel its properties into their next spell, spell like ability or turning check. As a Move Action the Light Warden forms small white orb of positive energy in a free hand (this does not provoke AoOs because it requires no concentration to form the orb nor does the orb move from their hand, however a dispel magic can negate the effect, also any spell that prevents planar effects (such as dimensional anchor) in the area suppresses the effects of this ability but not the orb). A spell that uses positive energy (such as a Cure spell) has its effects maximized requiring no additional spell slots. If used in a turning attempt, the Light Warden's turn check is +10. Spells and spell like abilites that are already maximized are not affected by this ability. The orb lasts a number of rounds equal to 1+baseConMod in rounds to a minimum of 1. This ability is useable 2 times per day.

Hi im new, this is my first post ! i dont have any splat books for comparison. The class name is a little meh but i couldnt think of anything else for it.

StoryKeeper
2008-04-11, 10:04 PM
I'm not the best to ask, but it looks balanced to me. Very nice for healing clerics. I'm curious as to why you need Greater Fortitude as a feat unless it relates to positive energy as a reflection of the energy fortifying your body. Also, why is Positive Channeling's duration based on constitution? For the same reason maybe? It doesn't really matter, but Wisdom would seem to fit better...

That Guy
2008-04-11, 10:16 PM
Yea its meant to be like their body as a conduit for positive energy.