PDA

View Full Version : Whqat do you guys of this flavorfor Ancestral Relic?

Frosty
2008-04-12, 11:59 AM
So I've got a player who has a Warforged Warblade in my campaign. He kinda liked the idea of using parts of body as weapons, but didn't want to go with unarmed. He's only played one session with this character so far, and he's been using a Falchion so far.

So, I was thinking, maybe soon he can find an "upgrade" to his body? If he installs it, it'll replace one of his existing body enhancements (he took the damage reduction feat many, many times) and it'll allow him to retract his hand and extend a blade of some sort as a move action (or as part of movement), or maybe he can just use a move action to warp his entire forearm into a blade. This built-in weaponry can be upgraded with the appropriate materials with costs as described in the Ancestral Relic feat. As a bonus, he can't be disarmed, but his arm can be sundered (which is why the upgrade will be made of Aurorum so he can reform the arm if needed).

The mental picture of a warforged walking towards an enemy while one of his arms warps and extends into a glowing, Brilliant Energy blade of some sort is just awesome. Or maybe the blade extends in the way the Halo 2 energy sword does. What do you guys think of this? Cool fluff for Ancestral Relic?

Chronos
2008-04-12, 12:55 PM
You'll have to hand-wave the "once belonged to an ancestor" prerequisite, but that shouldn't be a real issue. Maybe make him come up with some alternate justification, but be lenient on it (pretty much just agree to whatever justification he comes up with).

For shaping/extending/whatever the weapon, I'd just treat it the same as drawing a normal weapon: Can be done for free during another move action (since he has a +1 BAB), or as a free action if he has Quick Draw.

Starbuck_II
2008-04-12, 03:02 PM
You'll have to hand-wave the "once belonged to an ancestor" prerequisite, but that shouldn't be a real issue. Maybe make him come up with some alternate justification, but be lenient on it (pretty much just agree to whatever justification he comes up with).

What if the Warforged is his own grandpa? (there is a song proving that it is possible)

Frosty
2008-04-14, 05:51 PM

For shaping/extending/whatever the weapon, I'd just treat it the same as drawing a normal weapon: Can be done for free during another move action (since he has a +1 BAB), or as a free action if he has Quick Draw.

Yes, that will be handwaved away. The upgrade component is a relic from 400 years in the past. Warforged are no longer created, as the magical equivalent of World War 3 happened in this mythical world and destroyed much of civilation. The warforged has been shut down for the past 400 years and is now restarted and trying to regain his memory by searching for memory modules scattered throughout the continent.

Yeah I know, the Warforged is much more...computerized in my world than standard Eberron Warforged.