PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a CO thread

Draz74
2008-04-12, 02:45 PM
Wasn't there a thread on the Wizards CO Forum at some point that told all the sources of different class features?

For example, I'm looking for a list of all the PrCs that give Evasion. Where can I find this information?

Squash Monster
2008-04-12, 03:02 PM
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=662842

Surreal's Lists Of Stuff.

Draz74
2008-04-12, 03:07 PM
Thanks! Why isn't this linked from "Some Handy Links for CO Work" (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=482636), the Sticky thread? Or is it, and I just missed it?

Solo
2008-04-12, 03:37 PM
Wasn't there a thread on the Wizards CO Forum at some point that told all the sources of different class features?

For example, I'm looking for a list of all the PrCs that give Evasion. Where can I find this information?

Ring of Evasion.

FlyMolo
2008-04-12, 03:48 PM
Ring of Evasion.

If you're a troll and your ring slots are taken up with rings of immunity to fire and acid, which you are likely to be, seeing as you're on the charop boards anyway, you might need a PrC.

I like that concept. What ECL is a troll and can I afford those rings on WBL?

Solo
2008-04-12, 04:21 PM
If you're a troll and your ring slots are taken up with rings of immunity to fire and acid, which you are likely to be, seeing as you're on the charop boards anyway, you might need a PrC.

Then buy a Hand of Glory and then the Ring of Evasion.

kamikasei
2008-04-12, 04:23 PM
I like that concept. What ECL is a troll and can I afford those rings on WBL?

A troll X 1 would be ECL 12 and would have to blow all its WBL on the 88,000gp for greater rings of fire and acid resistance. Don't know the costs of actual immunity rings though.

mostlyharmful
2008-04-12, 04:48 PM
A troll X 1 would be ECL 12 and would have to blow all its WBL on the 88,000gp for greater rings of fire and acid resistance. Don't know the costs of actual immunity rings though.

It's a level 7 spell for immunity for a full day, and it isn't an overpowered one in ring form so probly the guidelines would actually be useful for this one. It's gotta be useful for something after all

kamikasei
2008-04-12, 05:12 PM
It's a level 7 spell for immunity for a full day, and it isn't an overpowered one in ring form so probly the guidelines would actually be useful for this one. It's gotta be useful for something after all

66k per ring so, if a cleric makes it. Not bad, a 50% increase over resistance 30 to get full immunity. Still, prohibitively expensive until quite high levels.

mostlyharmful
2008-04-12, 05:53 PM
66k per ring so, if a cleric makes it. Not bad, a 50% increase over resistance 30 to get full immunity. Still, prohibitively expensive until quite high levels.

I'd actually reduce that a little (I know this is going against what i just said and all but bare with me:smallredface: ). Given how rarely the difference will come up between resistance 30 and complete immunity and how much of a mark up 50% is. Maybe knock it down to 55k or even 50k? What do you think? And by the time you get to high levels it gets cheaper to get a template or friendly caster than spend that much (a ring slot, not the money) on immunity to ONE energy type.

kamikasei
2008-04-12, 06:19 PM
What do you think?

:smallconfused: Wait, are we actually treating this as if it should ever see the light of day or a DM's considered judgment?

mostlyharmful
2008-04-12, 06:22 PM
:smallconfused: Wait, are we actually treating this as if it should ever see the light of day or a DM's considered judgment?

Well I was just museing about Dms judgement but if you want to write it up and ping WotC:smalltongue:

Why? What's wrong with the idea of being imune to an energy type at the cost of a ring slot and a not unconsiderable about of gold?

kamikasei
2008-04-12, 06:30 PM
The whole notion was begun in jest, or at least so I'd assumed. When discussing deliberately silly optimization, appeals to reasonableness are out of place.

Or to put it another way, we're not really talking about how one should price a ring of energy immunity, but how high an ECL you'd need to have a troll who can't spring for a ring of evasion because his ring slots are going to keep him invulnerable.

mostlyharmful
2008-04-12, 06:34 PM
Yeah.. I think you're significantly overvaluing the effect of energy immunity. By that point casters are throwing around Death and Poly effects, chargers are doing massive damage every round and battlefield control/mind effects/ ability drain and damage all outweigh energy hp damage by those levels.

My point is it's significantly suboptimal to waste that kind of cash and that valuable a body slot to just get immunity to Acid or whatever, hence no worries about reducing the price cause no-one that cares much is going to pay it.

Draz74
2008-04-12, 07:51 PM
I was trying to avoid spending an item on Evasion if possible.

I decided on the Shadow Creature template instead of a PrC, though.

As for rings of energy immunity, they're found in the Epic rules (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/magicItems/rings.htm#energyImmunity) for 240,000 gp. Which is hideously overpriced ... which means it fits in nicely with all the other rings/armor that grant protection against energy damage. :smallannoyed: