PDA

View Full Version : Best In-Game Star Wars Saga Quote Ever

Saph
2008-04-12, 03:11 PM
We just finished the second session of our new Star Wars Saga campaign. Our six-character party ended up in a huge knock-down drag-out battle against two security droids, two guards, and an evil-lookng woman who turned out to be a dark force user. After ten rounds of combat the only ones left standing are my Jedi apprentice, another Jedi being played by another player (though he calls himself an 'adept'), and the dark force user. Everyone's wounded.

The other player throws down his last Force power card and blasts the dark force user with Force Lightning, causing jaws to drop all around the table (he'd been keeping it secret until the very last moment). It does huge amounts of damage and almost kills her. Once I've got over the surprise, I move in to attack, raise my lightsaber, and tell her to surrender.

Dark User: " . . . All right."
Me: "I stop and ready my action to attack if she does."
Adept: "No, kill her!"
Me: "She's not offering any resistance. We shouldn't—"
Adept: "She's too dangerous! Just kill her now!"
Me: "I can't, it's against the Jedi code." (Yes, we actually both said this.)

And at this point, one of the other players, who was knocked out early in the fight and who's been sitting watching quietly, suddenly calls out:

"No! Do it! If you don't kill her now, this is going to drag out for three more movies!"

It took five minutes for everyone to stop laughing long enough to get back to the game.

- Saph

hamishspence
2008-04-12, 03:18 PM
I must admit it sounds very funny. If it went like ep 3, adept would try to kill her, "Me" would interrupt adept, and we have a new Vader and Sidious. However Mace didn't blast Sideous with lightning, so not quite the same thing :smallsmile:

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-04-12, 03:24 PM
I want to play with that third party. :smallbiggrin:

Mando Knight
2008-04-13, 01:19 AM
So, what'd you actually end up doing?

TheOOB
2008-04-13, 01:56 AM
That's awesome.

My best is "You have to take the head out BEFORE you use it as a disguise." followed by "And a Mon Calimari isn't passing for a storm trooper anyhow."

Storm Bringer
2008-04-13, 02:27 AM
best moment we've had (most of the players were quite young at the time, so no judging, m'kay?):

we walk into a bar in some city. sat at the bar was a black haired woman in in skintight black leather, just oozing 'I am a evil force user'. having just got out of a major scrap when gettting to the city, so we didn't try and attack her. One player, who'd gone for a han solo- wannabe (think solo minus most of the charm), decided to try and chat her up

DM: okay, roll seduction.

player: is that a skill?

DM: true.... alright, fast talk then

Player: yhea, i'm good at that. *rolls* errrrrr......

DM:(seeing the dice roll and grinning evily): yes? what did you get?

Player: critical failure!

cut to: outside the bar

The players character is force-thrown though the door, and lands in a fountain some distance form the door. He stands up, straightens his sopping clothes, and goes back to try agian

I think the girl bitch-slapped him unconsious in the end. we got to kill her about 10 missions later when she turned up agian.

Saph
2008-04-13, 07:19 AM
So, what'd you actually end up doing?

I readied an action to attack if the dark user did, she readied an action to attack if we did, then it was the adept's go. He attacked and missed, she attacked and dropped him, and I attacked and dropped her.

The dark force user's henchman had somehow survived the entire battle up to now, out of everyone's notice - he'd been trying to capture rather than kill the other PCs, using a blaster set to stun. The two of us looked at the bodies scattered all around, then looked at each other.

Me: "Truce?"
Henchman: "Yeah, all right."

We both took our survivors and left.

- Saph

Dark Knight Renee
2008-04-13, 08:15 AM
OMGLOL Priceless. Star Wars: Ur Doin' It Right. [/end internet-speak]

Ahem. Awsome! :smallbiggrin:

rankrath
2008-04-13, 08:32 AM
backstory: PC's double-crossed a largish group of pirates, selling them out to the empire. Long story short, a Star Destroyer hypes over the moon where the pirates are, and the Pirates realise that they've been double crossed.

PC1: ok, we grab an abandoned tie fighter and fly it out of here before the place is destroyed.

DM: As you leave the hanger, one pirate sees you. He emerges about thirty seconds later with a shoulder mounted missle launcher and fires.

me: (not flying) crap, we evade it, right? (looks at PC1, the pilot)

PC1: why bother, the shields can handle it. I just keep flying.

me: TIE FIGHTERS DON'T HAVE SHIELDS!

we ended up loosing a wing and crashing on the moon. I survived, barely, while he died. I suspect some DM fudging.

KillianHawkeye
2008-04-13, 05:42 PM
I thought a TIE Fighter could only seat one? Funny stories. :smallbiggrin:

Mando Knight
2008-04-13, 06:22 PM
You are correct, Killian. The TIE also requires the pilot to wear a self-contained breathing apparatus in order to survive in space. Of course if it was one of the TIE Bomber variants, I could see it being a two-seater with life support...

Zencao
2008-04-13, 06:26 PM
Pc2 was sat on his lap?

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-04-13, 07:33 PM
Pc2 was sat on his lap?

... :smallamused:

rankrath
2008-04-13, 08:19 PM
I thought a TIE Fighter could only seat one? Funny stories. :smallbiggrin:

true, and true to the others, but none of that was ever mentioned. We just got in the fighter and flew off. I'll have to bring that up next time we play. :smallsmile:

FlyMolo
2008-04-13, 09:43 PM
true, and true to the others, but none of that was ever mentioned. We just got in the fighter and flew off. I'll have to bring that up next time we play. :smallsmile:

Obviously, your character shield kept the air in. Jeez, don't be such a square.(:smallwink: )

The Gilded Duke
2008-04-13, 11:59 PM
Tonight was a wonderful game. Threw the Neimodian run Axe gang at them, and they encountered a Bobba Fett Imposter. They made an incredibly difficult use computer check and realized that it wasn't actually Bobba Fett's ship. I figured at this point they were just going to kill the impostor and steal the Firespray.

No...
They hail with a "Hey Bobba! We haven't seen you in months! How have you been? Wait.. you going to that party on Nar Shaddad in two weeks? Everyone...Everyone is going to be there. Oh? The man you are hunting for, yeah he is headed to Tattoine. Yep, Tattoine, oh no problem.. don't forget my ten percent cut for the tip!

During this the gunner ran (from his bed) to the gunner position, saw it was "Bobba" waved at him, and gave him the thumbs up sign. "Bobba" decided to go find his bounty on Tattoine.

They are currently planning to go to Nar Shaddad. Plan and throw a party for the criminal underworld, and then steal the fake Fett's firespray on the way out.

Ascension
2008-04-14, 12:14 AM
Throwing a party for the Nar Shadda underworld? This won't end well.

Although I'd probably let it work due to the sheer absurdity of the idea. I wouldn't guarantee a lack of gunplay between rival gangs, though.

Jade_Tarem
2008-04-14, 12:26 AM
An argument over seating arrangements (it was actually getting kinda dangerous, players threatening each other (in game)) was completely killed with this line, spoken in complete innocence:

Jedi: "Yes, but then I'd still be behind her on the speeder bike with my lightsaber extended and force thrust readied."

Hilarity ensued.

The Gilded Duke
2008-04-14, 01:03 AM
Throwing a party for the Nar Shadda underworld? This won't end well.

Although I'd probably let it work due to the sheer absurdity of the idea. I wouldn't guarantee a lack of gunplay between rival gangs, though.

I've actually been thinking this over some.

When they throw the party, make it the Star Wars musical episode.
So far I've been trying to gather songs together for it.
I'm including Bacon Fatts the Gammorean Disco King from the Wotc boards
At different points "Fatts" and "Stayin Alive in this wretched hive" will come up.

Also when the fake Boba Fett enters going to play Fett's Vette.

At some point I want to include the horrible "Say Goodnight, Friend" from the Star Wars Holiday special.

Anyone have any suggestions of other music to include?
Oh, and time period is 1 BBY (Roughly two - six months before destruction of Alderaan)

Also, gun fights during parties, especially dance parties are always good.

Tola
2008-04-14, 01:24 AM
On the above:

I don't recall whether Rebel Strike is on Galbadia Hotel at present....there's a disco version of the Star Wars theme in the game.

Ascension
2008-04-14, 02:04 AM
On the above:

I don't recall whether Rebel Strike is on Galbadia Hotel at present....there's a disco version of the Star Wars theme in the game.

Kids these days don't realize that that didn't start with the video games! No, I have listened first hand to the "Star Wars and Other Galactic Funk" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_and_Other_Galactic_Funk) record from which that track originated. In addition to the record, my dad also has it on cassette, IIRC. We're quite fond of it.

Liliedhe
2008-04-14, 05:39 AM
Star Wars D6, Ages ago...

None of the players knows anything about the rules, so we get to choose archetypes from the rulebook. After the third fallen Jedi in the party I decided to take the senator, because it was the only other thing that sounded remotely like fun to play.

Bad mistake... The game never went anywhere, because all the others ever did was asking where my hairdryer was, who would be stuck carrying it and so on... That's what you get for playing with geeks :smalltongue:

Admiral Squish
2008-04-14, 05:43 AM
I played a star wars game, once. I was some obscure race that was invisible in darkness, an I was a tech-dude. We hijacked a sandcrawler and turned it into a spaceship. The DM let me mount a station-sized weapon on it and we tooled around the galaxy in it. It was AWESOME.

The Gilded Duke
2008-04-14, 08:03 AM
Thanks! Star Wars and other Galactic Funk looks wonderful.
Probably going to use the cantina song as an intro with starting scroll.
Their Music Inspired by Star Wars one also sounds pretty good.

Although.. maybe playing Symphony X's star wars theme for the beginning and saving the Galactic Funk Cantina song for later in the game would be better.

So far I have:
MC Chris
Symphony X
Meco
Wierd Al
Various Gangsta Raps

Any other suggestions on star wars related artists?

HoopyFrood
2008-04-14, 06:54 PM
I think the best "throwing the DM for a loop" in our Star Wars campaign was when instead of selling the art Admiral Thrawn had given to us for that purpose, we had a showcase for it, then continued to showcase the art around the galaxy in hopes that it would gain popularity and thus accrue value as demand steepened.

Also, I remember the time I had to roll a pilot check to attempt to get into a "fender bender". Good times.

Oh, and check out Maynard Ferguson's Star Wars Theme.

Jade_Tarem
2008-04-15, 03:37 PM
Oh, I remember another good one.

In a low level (level 1) session, we were flying an unarmed cargo ship that was intercepted by those pesky pirates that sometimes pop up (they were flying starfigthers - headhunters, I think - keep that in mind as it will be important later). When they told us to stand down for boarding, we did so, and a minute later all of them flew into our cargo bay and landed. The assassin droid character (the player for which spoke all of his dialogue in a tinny, flat robotic voice that only got funnier as the night went on) was fairly proactive in his problem solving, and waited until the pirates had landed and disembarked, then opened the cargo bay which killed them all. The DM had been planning some big boarding fight, and we had just ended it in one action.

Which lead to the following line (robotic voice): "Worst. Pirates. Ever..."

Iku Rex
2008-04-15, 03:50 PM
me: TIE FIGHTERS DON'T HAVE SHIELDS! Red Dwarf: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-JfFYZHZLQ

Person_Man
2008-04-15, 03:56 PM
I readied an action to attack if the dark user did, she readied an action to attack if we did, then it was the adept's go. He attacked and missed, she attacked and dropped him, and I attacked and dropped her.

The dark force user's henchman had somehow survived the entire battle up to now, out of everyone's notice - he'd been trying to capture rather than kill the other PCs, using a blaster set to stun. The two of us looked at the bodies scattered all around, then looked at each other.

Me: "Truce?"
Henchman: "Yeah, all right."

We both took our survivors and left.

- Saph

That game session was made of awesome. Bravo.

KillianHawkeye
2008-04-15, 05:48 PM
Which lead to the following line (robotic voice): "Worst. Pirates. Ever...

Reminds me of Marvin the Paranoid Android, lol. :smallbiggrin:

drengnikrafe
2008-04-15, 06:58 PM
Red Dwarf: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-JfFYZHZLQ

Incredible. Nothing says "that's pure awesome" like something from Red Dwarf