PDA

View Full Version : Dragon treasure...

Lizardfolk Lich
2008-04-13, 12:26 AM
I'm not talking about the shiny stuff. I'm talking about the dragons themselves. We all know that dragons are very powerful, but what can their bodies do? I ask all of you this question, being the greedy adventurer that you are. If you had a dragon body, what could you (or would you) do with it?

Admiral Squish
2008-04-13, 12:36 AM
Take the fire-gland, the eyes, the wings and carve the rest. Sell the meat to various wealthy xenophages, turn the other parts into grafts for my loyal minion.

Huhmuahahaha.

Corsec1337
2008-04-13, 12:46 AM
Make a zombie dragon... Or else sell anything of GP value on the Dragon. I beleive the rules are in the Draconomican off the top of my head.

mikeejimbo
2008-04-13, 12:47 AM
Cut the skin into fashionable (but distasteful) clothing items/armor. Maybe I'd get a bonus to intimidate against dragons? Make stuff out of the teeth and bones, possibly weapons, but other things like combs, too, and sell them. But definitely the armor.

AslanCross
2008-04-13, 12:54 AM
I don't know if their elemental organ (I believe it's called a draconis fundamentum or something like that) continues functioning after death. You can definitely use the rest of the body for meat, the hide for armor, the talons and horns for weapons, perhaps.

Enguhl
2008-04-13, 01:04 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75499
Should help.

Apoc360
2008-04-13, 03:12 AM
Fashion a shield or armor out of the hide/scales, deliver it to the current BBEG as a token of our surrender, and then cast True Ressurection on it.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-04-13, 05:15 AM
I believe that the heart of a Gold Dragon can replace the XP component of a wish spell, and is worth 10,000. DR 317 + 322.

RikuKupo
2008-04-13, 02:01 PM
There's always just the pure awesomeness of wearing dragonhide. Not many other monsters have that quality. I mean, brain golem shoes? There are rules for making weapons, bows, capes, and armor out of dragonhide with actual effects (check Draconomicon). But even though putting a dragon skull above your throne doesn't do anything, it still rules. You can also make your spellbook out of dragonhide.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-04-13, 02:20 PM
There's always just the pure awesomeness of wearing dragonhide. Not many other monsters have that quality. I mean, brain golem shoes?

Century worm worn as a prophylactic? THE GAME

bosssmiley
2008-04-13, 03:02 PM
There's always just the pure awesomeness of wearing dragonhide. Not many other monsters have that quality.

Displacer Beast hide? Not a cloak of displacement, just the tanned (and well-tailored) hide. Worn for the cool way it breaks up the outline of your limbs as you move. The quicker you move the more displaced and ghostly your body appears. It's all the rage at court this year my dear!

Gorbash
2008-04-13, 03:05 PM
There are rules for making items out of dragon's hide/bones in Draconomicon.

Newtkeeper
2008-04-13, 04:46 PM
Myself, I skin it, and mount the skin. Great conversation starter.

A complete skeleton, especially hung from the ceiling, will make you the envy of every anatomy professor.

A throne made of dragon bones works too. Or perhaps, if you slay enough of 'em, an arena.

While not RAW, many legends give the blood marvelous powers. A Germanic hero drank dragon blood and was able to converse with beasts and birds. If that doesn't work in your setting, try dragonblood cocktails.

Grommen
2008-04-13, 04:53 PM
We pretty much use the hide for Leather goods (it's gotten to the point when we encounter a dragon everyone in the party pulls out blunt weapons so that they don't cut the hide too badly). This ranges from pretty good armor (just under plate), to bed room slippers, and of coarse the ever popular "Black Dragon bikini". Shields made of dragon hides of coarse. These always give some kind of damage reduction depending on the hide used.

Shingled several buildings in one city with Dragon Scales. This cut down the ability of airborne attacks and breath weapons from destroying the buildings. This takes a ton of dragon hides and does not enamor the local dragon population to the city.

Some of my players have collected a suit of each type of evil dragon in the campaign. They intend to show this to Tiamat when (if) they run across her.

The blood has to be good for potions of dragon control, and proabaly a ton of other potions and stuff.

We have mounted dozens of heads in taverns and inns all across the known multiverse. "The Black Dragon Inn", "The Blue Dragon Inn", etc. "The new Old Skull Inn" in Shadowdale (long story the place accidentally burnt down one day).

Made a Figurine of Wondrous Power out of a dragon corpse once. Probably not possible anymore under 3.5ed rules. Kept it in the characters pocket encase of attack.

Teeth and claws might be useful for weapons of Dragon Bane. Made a lot of Dragon Slayer Short Swords this way.

The reproductive organs are most likely used in some really weired fertility ritual in someones civilization, somewhere.

Last but not forget the meet tastes just like chicken! Enjoy some Draco on a stick, or Red Dragon Breath Chillie (Hotter than the fires of Dis), Dragonballs in a rich honey glaze, Deep fried lizard, Azure Oisters (see above comment on Dragon fertility).

Check with your local DM for proper disposal of Dragons and parts before carving up your latest lizard.