PDA

View Full Version : MiTD is LG

multilis
2008-04-13, 01:54 AM
He wants a happy ever after ending.

mikeejimbo
2008-04-13, 01:58 AM
This is actually not a bad point. Other than 'teaming up' with evil, we haven't really seen him do anything evil. He does seem willing to be the secret weapon and face the good guys, but mostly he seems to want to seem scary. I wouldn't say he's GOOD, but I wouldn't say he's evil. That leaves Neutral. He also does seem to do what he's told, so I would say Lawful.

Remirach
2008-04-13, 02:11 AM
The MitD wants happy endings for everyone...

At the end of the strip, I think Elan should get him for a pet.

Laurentio
2008-04-13, 03:32 AM
"Lawful" is quite a stretch. Just doing what you say is not the sure proof for lawfulness, but I agree that the MitD is not acting chaotically any way (or when it does, it's for lack of attention).
I would put my bet on True Neutral, as "I supposed to eat you, but Xylon is not here so maybe I should not, but what matters I'll do anyway" seems to me the thinking of an immature, troubled mind that is borderlining every possible alignment.

Laurentio

Helanna
2008-04-13, 06:34 AM
Aha! That's it! He HAS no alignment! He is simply the MitD, and his mind wanders so much there's no possible way to group him into one single category; Lawful/Chaotic, or Good/Evil.

Either that, or he's actuallly the pure embodiment of Evil, and acting like an idiot is simply part of his Xanatos Roulette. At the end of the final battle between the OotS and Xykon, he will wait until one side loses, then unveil himself and declare himself the winner! The MitD is actually an evil mastermind!

VForVaarsuvius
2008-04-13, 12:26 PM
Yeah he's too stupid to have an alignment in my opinion. And he obeys Xykon and the Demon Roaches without real question- I wonder, though, how he would be with a Good band of adventurers...? Or what Elan would be like with a Bad band of adventurers for that matter?

\V/

mikeejimbo
2008-04-13, 12:31 PM
"Lawful" is quite a stretch. Just doing what you say is not the sure proof for lawfulness, but I agree that the MitD is not acting chaotically any way (or when it does, it's for lack of attention).
I would put my bet on True Neutral, as "I supposed to eat you, but Xylon is not here so maybe I should not, but what matters I'll do anyway" seems to me the thinking of an immature, troubled mind that is borderlining every possible alignment.

Laurentio

Actually, True Neutral is a good point. I can see him being so.

Yeah he's too stupid to have an alignment in my opinion. And he obeys Xykon and the Demon Roaches without real question- I wonder, though, how he would be with a Good band of adventurers...? Or what Elan would be like with a Bad band of adventurers for that matter?

\V/

I'm pretty sure Elan is Good and wouldn't like being with a band of evil adventurers. He'd constantly say things like "But, but, that's wrong!"

VForVaarsuvius
2008-04-13, 12:33 PM
Actually, True Neutral is a good point. I can see him being so.

I'm pretty sure Elan is Good and wouldn't like being with a band of evil adventurers. He'd constantly say things like "But, but, that's wrong!"

Mmm, that's true I suppose.

Yeah I agree with True Neutral or lack of alignment or whatever you like to call it.

\V/

snoopy13a
2008-04-13, 12:40 PM
I'm going with the Monster in the Darkness having the mind of a young child theory (Some other people have advanced this theory beforehand).

He likes to play games, he is idealistic (wants happy endings for everyone) but he obeys Xykon (almost like Xykon is his parent) and will commit evil acts if Xykon tells him to.

I'm not sure if this would be True Neutral or "No alignment" yet.

NerfTW
2008-04-13, 01:00 PM
I'm going with the Monster in the Darkness having the mind of a young child theory (Some other people have advanced this theory beforehand).

He likes to play games, he is idealistic (wants happy endings for everyone) but he obeys Xykon (almost like Xykon is his parent) and will commit evil acts if Xykon tells him to.

I'm not sure if this would be True Neutral or "No alignment" yet.

Actually, in SoD, Xykon uses a suggestion spell on him, so his "obey Xykon" act might just be because he's under his control.

Although I agree he probably isn't "evil". He's only really tried to be evil once, and that was under Xykon's orders. In SoD, he doesn't seem to be intent on eating anyone or being evil.

I'm going with True Neutral as well.

SoD
2008-04-13, 01:40 PM
Actually, in SoD, Xykon uses a suggestion spell on him, so his "obey Xykon" act might just be because he's under his control.

What??? Xykon's where?! GAH! Gethimoutgethimoutgethimout!!!!! Help! I've got a living skeleton inside m-...wait, the book, right?

And on the 'too stupid to have an alignment' comment...Creatures with no int score have an alignment* so how can something with a high enough int to speak not have an alignment?

* True Neutral. Although I'd rather say neutral (n) rather than true neutral (N).

VForVaarsuvius
2008-04-13, 02:41 PM
What??? Xykon's where?! GAH! Gethimoutgethimoutgethimout!!!!! Help! I've got a living skeleton inside m-...wait, the book, right?

And on the 'too stupid to have an alignment' comment...Creatures with no int score have an alignment* so how can something with a high enough int to speak not have an alignment?

* True Neutral. Although I'd rather say neutral (n) rather than true neutral (N).

Hmmm, I didn't know that. Which creatures are you talking about though? Because I'd assume Monsters would be evil by default? And this brings us around to the "Is MiTD a monster?" question which at this rate we may never know.

If I'm wrong, then I'll go with True Neutral too.

\V/

Nerdanel
2008-04-13, 03:12 PM
True Neutral seems to be really popular. No matter, I'm goin with it too.

I think :mitd: is definitely smart enough to have an aligment. In fact, I think his score must be at least 4. He is a more eloquent speaker than Thog, which suggests higher int score. And while Thog is stupid, he's smart enough to speak after a fashion, which pegs him at 3+ int.

:mitd:'s int might even be several numbers higher, but dragged down in appearances by his abysmal wis.

Wreckingrocc
2008-04-13, 03:20 PM
The only real evil thing :mitd: has done is lauch Miko out the window while playing 'Who can hit the lightest', but then he said, "Man, I suck". I thing he's just Lawful Awesome.

Callista
2008-04-13, 04:18 PM
Eloquent speech doesn't say Intelligence exclusively; it also has something to do with Charisma. Elan can be pretty eloquent--though he doesn't use big words, and he might forget what he's saying halfway through--but Thog most likely has low INT and CHA together. Remember how speech is connected to communication is connected to social skills?

mikeejimbo
2008-04-13, 04:45 PM
MiTD must have decent Cha, low Wis/Int then?

CalexTheNeko
2008-04-13, 05:27 PM
MiTD is actually Elan from the future after undergoing a fusion with Banjo the Clown and traveling into the past to prevent the outbreak of the Snarl. Unfortunately, upon entering the past his memory was lost in a battle with Xykon, which ultimately allowed Xykon to easily overcame Elan's abysmal will save to recruit him onto his side with promises of candy and personalized theme song during the final battle. This is the reason Xykon never lets MiTD out of the darkness even when heroes aren't around, as not even MiTD must realize his own appearance otherwise he may get a second will save.

Therefore MiTD's alignment is Neutral Good.

Sorry I couldn't help myself. ^.^;

Lupy
2008-04-13, 06:24 PM
AWESOME!! Except that if you read SoD you know that, sadly, couldn't work... :smallfrown:

I vote N, unless, of course, children don't have an alignment, because I feel he is mentally a child (maybe physically).

Wreckingrocc
2008-04-13, 06:55 PM
Does SoD reveal what he is?

Or something of Elan?

Or.... What?

NerfTW
2008-04-13, 08:51 PM
SoD doesn't reveal what the MitD is, just

that he is an identifiable creature that people know about. The hunters who originally find him identify him as being in the wrong habitat (a jungle), and Redcloak recognizes what he is and decides to use him as an ally.

This is defeated by the fact that Xykon uses a suggestion spell on him later to make him eat Redcloak if he ever attacks Xykon.

VForVaarsuvius
2008-04-14, 05:56 PM
MiTD is actually Elan from the future after undergoing a fusion with Banjo the Clown and traveling into the past to prevent the outbreak of the Snarl. Unfortunately, upon entering the past his memory was lost in a battle with Xykon, which ultimately allowed Xykon to easily overcame Elan's abysmal will save to recruit him onto his side with promises of candy and personalized theme song during the final battle. This is the reason Xykon never lets MiTD out of the darkness even when heroes aren't around, as not even MiTD must realize his own appearance otherwise he may get a second will save.

Therefore MiTD's alignment is Neutral Good.

Sorry I couldn't help myself. ^.^;

Wow I never knew that before! Where'd you find that out?

... XD

\V/

mikeejimbo
2008-04-14, 10:27 PM
SoD doesn't reveal what the MitD is, just

that he is an identifiable creature that people know about. The hunters who originally find him identify him as being in the wrong habitat (a jungle), and Redcloak recognizes what he is and decides to use him as an ally.

This is defeated by the fact that Xykon uses a suggestion spell on him later to make him eat Redcloak if he ever attacks Xykon.

Clearly, the MiTD is an Elan (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicRaces.htm#elans)