PDA

View Full Version : Flying feats?

MammonAzrael
2008-04-13, 02:20 AM
Maybe I'm just imagining it, but i thought I recalled a feat that increased your fly speed by 20' and improved your maneuverability one step. Does anyone know the feat I'm thinking of, or am I just deluding myself?

Also, what a good flying feats to grab? It'll be for an ECL 10 Pixie Spellthief.

Kurald Galain
2008-04-13, 04:12 AM
Flyby Attack.

I don't think you'll be needing Wingover if you're a pixie already.

Tsotha-lanti
2008-04-13, 07:54 AM
Sounds like two feats from Draconomicon - Improved Speed and Improved Maneuverability.

Smiley_
2008-04-13, 03:31 PM
Improved Flight: increase your maneuverability by one step

Improved Speed: Improve fliying speed by 20' and normal speed by 10'. Requirements include dragon type and Str of 13 or more.

Improved maneuverability: Don't remember it off the top of my head, but requires a flight speed of 150' Requires dragon type

Power climb: Str 17 or more, if going in a straight line, ignore penalties to speed for flying against gravity. Requires dragon type

Wingover: Great for clumsy flyers. Use 10 feet of movement to do a 180 degree turn.

Flyby attack: Standard action in the middle of your flight move

Improved Flyby attack: No AoO when you leave a target's threatened area when using a flyby attack

There might be more, but perfect maneuverability removes the need for wingover and power climb.

martyboy74
2008-04-13, 03:36 PM
Air Heritage from the Planar Handbook?

Signmaker
2008-04-13, 03:37 PM
Cracking open Races of the Wild...

Aerial Reflexes- Gain Reflex save bonus based on Maneuverability
Aerial Superiority- +1 Dodge bonus against less maneuverable opponents
Diving Charge- Extra damage when diving to attack while flying
Improved Flight- Maneuverability up a class
Winged Warrior- Tactical Feat

dspeyer
2008-04-13, 05:04 PM
Great Flyby Attack (Savage Species) -- fly in a straight line and attack a number of opponents equal to your dex bonus, taking no AoOs from those you attack. With Greater Invisibility, you can probably make those all sneak attacks too.

MammonAzrael
2008-04-13, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Oh, does Fly-by Attack work with Two-Weapon Fighting?

and dspeyer, I bow to your pixie skills. That's a crazy good feat.

Signmaker
2008-04-13, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Oh, does Fly-by Attack work with Two-Weapon Fighting?

and dspeyer, I bow to your pixie skills. That's a crazy good feat.

I don't believe it does, as you're using a standard action while moving.

avr
2008-04-13, 09:33 PM
There's a feat which does exactly what you ask for in (+20' fly speed, one class improvement in maneuverability) Sharn, City of Towers. The downside is that it only works within a manifest zone to Syrania (sp?) like the one around Sharn. I've never considered taking it for that reason.

Fhaolan
2008-04-13, 11:26 PM
In Races of the Dragon there are two feats for winged creatures that surprisingly *don't* require you to be dragon-blooded. There are more feats, but they require dragonblood of some kind.

Reinforced Wings - Str 13, Wings, allows you to fly while under medium load.

Heavyweight Wings - Str 15, Reinforced Wings, allows you to fly while under heavy load.

Given the carrying capacity of small creatures like pixies and the like, something like these might be very useful.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-04-13, 11:35 PM
Bookmarking this. I'm considering making a Grig bard in case my current character (paladin with Nymph's Kissed feat) bites it, and a boost to the fly speed is nice.