Jinura
2008-04-13, 05:48 AM
I found it pretty cheap but dunno if i should buy it.. Thats the short version

Driderman
2008-04-13, 06:06 AM
Pretty good, but buy the long version

factotum
2008-04-13, 06:20 AM
You can't get anything OTHER than the long version--"Lost Chapters" is the only version of Fable available on the PC.

Dragor
2008-04-13, 06:25 AM
Factotum is right. The only version of Fable you can buy for the PC is Lost Chapters, the extended and enhanced (in a good way) version of the original Fable. I'd definately recommend it, as I can guess it's at an extremely low price now and the fact that you probably missed all of the hype on it (Peter Molyneux, go to hell).

It's a very 'British' game. Beware of the accents. BEWARE. :smallbiggrin:

Trazoi
2008-04-13, 08:36 AM
The PC version of Fable is a fun game, and worth buying at budget prices. It's not the deepest action based RPG out there, but it's an entertaining (if somewhat short) romp through a fantasy world that doesn't take itself rather seriously.

It is very British though, accents and humour. Frankly that's the best thing about it for me.

Jinura
2008-04-13, 10:42 AM
Is 24$ to much for it?

Ikialev
2008-04-13, 11:07 AM
I don't think it's too much, it cost about the same in poland.
At least on PC, on xbox it costs.. um... 13,50$.

Jinura
2008-04-13, 12:26 PM
Also could someone tell me a bit about it? You can get married and buy/sell houses?

Arang
2008-04-13, 02:11 PM
Also could someone tell me a bit about it? You can get married and buy/sell houses?

Yes. You level up broad categories (fighting, magic and archery) by using them, then pick specific skills within those categories (fireballs, toughness etc.). Then you take missions because you're part of a Heroes' Guild. There are various other sidequests as well (like a boxing series), and eventually you become disgustingly powerful. The plot is straightforward enough. You can murder everyone in a village and buy up their houses to rent them out. You can marry one woman or man in each village at least (6-8 total? I don't remember), though the romance system is vastly disappointing. Basically you just do arm pumps and say "Ha-HA!" until people want to sleep with you.

It's fun unless you go in expecting great things.

Dragor
2008-04-13, 04:48 PM
though the romance system is vastly disappointing. Basically you just do arm pumps and say "Ha-HA!" until people want to sleep with you.

It's fun unless you go in expecting great things.

I agree. The romance system does tell you that Lionhead obviously don't get out very much :smalltongue:

Archpaladin Zousha
2008-04-13, 05:08 PM
If you can get it cheap, then by all means do so. Sure it wasn't all it was cracked up to be but it's still a fun little game in it's own right. Besides, the sheer ammount of customization with hairstyles, tattoos and clothing means you can essentially be a different person each time you play.

It's ridiculously unbalanced with the gold and EXP it gives you though. By the end of the game you're practically a god incarnate and you can buy practically every property on the map!:smallamused: