PDA

View Full Version : More Attacks!

DMfromTheAbyss
2008-04-13, 11:37 AM
OK I know there are a ton of different feats and class abilities that grant extra attacks. Most are of the -2 to hit on all attacks that round and get an extra attack. But what are ALL of the feats that can do this... and how many of them can stack?

Off the top of my Head there's
TWF (and the improved versions)
Flurry of Blows
Ki Frenzy (3.0 oriental book)
Snap Kick (out of ?)
Weapon (s) of Speed (how many could stack...? a double weapon character with flury and speed spiked armor, what if you get brass knuckes/gloves?)
Haste

So far as rules any 3.0/3.5 books no limits. Anything that grants extra d20's to roll for a full attack counts, be it spell feat or class ability.

Just asking to see what the theoretical limit on number of attacks is in a 3.x setting.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-04-13, 11:41 AM
The current limit is 14XX attacks, if you're interested. Look it up int he CharOp boards.

BRC
2008-04-13, 11:54 AM
My current character (epic level) gets twelve attacks per round unhasted, once I get Perfect Multiweapon fighting that will go up to sixteen attacks per round unhasted, which will be 20 attacks per round if I get haste cast on me.

LoneGamer
2008-04-13, 12:11 PM
Speed weapons and the Haste spell don't stack. Also, I would argue that the Haste spell only grants one extra attack, not one with every weapon. The wording is "When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with any weapon he is holding." Not "with every weapon he is holding."

FlyMolo
2008-04-13, 12:31 PM
My current character (epic level) gets twelve attacks per round unhasted, once I get Perfect Multiweapon fighting that will go up to sixteen attacks per round unhasted, which will be 20 attacks per round if I get haste cast on me.

So if you get a vorpal weapon, you, statistically, have about a 64% chance of beheading anything you full attack, critting only on a 20. Not bad. Get improved critical, or keen, and it goes up again, to... about 88% chance, assuming 19-20 threat range. Pick up someting with 18-20 threat range, and even with 12 attacks, you still have an 86% chance. Very impressive.

Lemme guess. something with 4 arms(Sauhaugin or Thri-kreen?), imp. multiwpn fighting. So 4 with your primary arm, and 2 with each offhand arm. That makes 12. Perfect multiweapon allows 4 with each arm, so that's 16. Haste is debateable. It might only get you 17. Very impressive just the same.

BRC
2008-04-13, 12:35 PM
Nope, Hobgoblin with 4 armed template quad-wielding energy burst rapiers with improved critical.

SoD
2008-04-13, 12:50 PM
So if you get a vorpal weapon, you, statistically, have about a 64% chance of beheading anything you full attack, critting only on a 20. Not bad. Get improved critical, or keen, and it goes up again, to... about 88% chance, assuming 19-20 threat range. Pick up someting with 18-20 threat range, and even with 12 attacks, you still have an 86% chance. Very impressive.

How would improved critical/keen help it? My memory tells me that the description for vorpal says it beheads on a 20, not a critical.

Found it.

Vorpal:

This potent and feared ability allows the weapon to sever the heads of those it strikes. Upon a roll of natural 20 (followed by a successful roll to confirm the critical hit), the weapon severs the opponent’s head (if it has one) from its body. Some creatures, such as many aberrations and all oozes, have no heads. Others, such as golems and undead creatures other than vampires, are not affected by the loss of their heads. Most other creatures, however, die when their heads are cut off. A vorpal weapon must be a slashing weapon. (If you roll this property randomly for an inappropriate weapon, reroll.)

mikeejimbo
2008-04-13, 12:53 PM
The current limit is 14XX attacks, if you're interested. Look it up int he CharOp boards.

By 14XX you mean somewhere around 1400? That's about what I'd expect from the CO boards.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-04-13, 12:55 PM
Yep, about 1400. I think it required Thrall of Demogorgon and Belt of Battle.

AlterForm
2008-04-13, 01:00 PM
Chuck the Hulking Whirler (and/or Ruby Knight Windicator) manages 115,232 attacks a round by (a)busing Tornado Throw, the RKV TurnUndead-to-swift action ability, and nightsticks.

Chuck E. Cheese (effectively Chuck 2.0) does (about) the same, but exceeds c (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_light) while doing it.

Chosen_of_Vecna
2008-04-13, 01:15 PM
Vorpal Does Not Work That Way!

Chronos
2008-04-13, 02:10 PM
Vorpal does, however, benefit from anything that gives a bonus to the confirmation roll. You could also just use a nice, heavily-enchanted scythe, which is often just as good as Vorpal if you land one of those juicy x4 crits, and it can be improved by keen, etc.

kemmotar
2008-04-13, 02:52 PM
Actually the one in wotc boards was far more than thrall of demogorgon and belt of battle...can't remember for the life of me what it was but it was good...

In any case, I'm sure someone came up with it before me, but i posted some time ago a thrall of demogorgon build + belt of battle, preferably with swordsage levels and boots of temporal acceleration and something to give you full attack on charge.

You use boots of tempral acceleration to use a manuscript (whatever they're called in ToB) for the maneuver that grants you an extra full round. Charge and use the thrall's 4th level ability which grants you 2/day 2 rounds worth of actions in one round aka 2 full attacks. You can also use multiheaded template for superior two weapon fighting so you save up on TWF feats plus you get all normal BAB attacks with both hands. I presume that if you had four hands and four heads it would still apply, thus you would get normal BAB attacks with all 4 hands, thus presuming 20 BAB, you get 16 attacks in one full attack. Add 4 rounds from belt of battle, thrall and the manuscript, 80 attacks...

In order to get around the BAB minus due to the template you can just use that cleric spell that gives you BAB=caster level. Add haste, 81 attacks...

However, make sure you get the cleave feat tree and 2 chronocharm of the horizon walker to move as a swift action between enemies...and also some luck feats to reroll ones, and the one that 1/day makes a natural 1 into a natural 20...

You have to take into account the possibility of natural one ending you attack spree, hence the luck feats...

My 2 cents:smallbiggrin: