PDA

View Full Version : Tibby...

Tarnag40k
2008-04-13, 03:56 PM
That's my new girl...she's pretty, expensive, and fun.

Some pics of her:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f28/Tarnag40k/IM000625.jpg?t=1208120739
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f28/Tarnag40k/IM000626.jpg?t=1208120791
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f28/Tarnag40k/IM000623.jpg?t=1208120808
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f28/Tarnag40k/IM000624.jpg?t=1208120838

Me sitting with her (scroll down):

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f28/Tarnag40k/Tibphotoshoot.jpg
Wait...you didn't think I was talking about a car?

In all serousness, It's a 2005 Hyundai Tiburon GS which is expensive to me seeing as how I'm paying $11,000 for it. But I'm really happy with it and thought I'd share.

Player_Zero
2008-04-13, 04:17 PM
Congratulations an' all.

Drive safe...

Nohwl
2008-04-13, 04:25 PM
you actually named your car?

Mauve Shirt
2008-04-13, 04:27 PM
You don't name your car? My sister's car is named Heathrow.

Jack Squat
2008-04-13, 04:48 PM
I always thought naming cars was stupid...then I got a jeep.

It's named Chupathingy, but I call it Puma for short. :smalltongue:

Syka
2008-04-13, 05:09 PM
Pretty. Looks exactly like my boyfriends' exes car. In our group we have the following cars: a Tibouron (Earlier than your's though), 97 Firebird, an 80's Nissan 300xz...and a moped and Acura that's three to five different colors. :)

Congrats on the new car, though. When we got our 04 Elantra, I'd tried talking my mom into getting a Tibouron. She wouldn't. :(

Cheers,
Syka

Edit: We still need to name my boy's Firebird. He's had it for 4 years and still hasn't found a good name for it.

Mr. Moon
2008-04-13, 07:03 PM
Nice car. Does she have a name yet?

My mom's pissed right now 'cause her car got key'd yesterday, but I acutaly kinda like the way it looks. I'm not gonna mention that, though, because doing so would be suicide... >.<

Tarnag40k
2008-04-13, 07:10 PM
I should show you the tiburon as it sits right now.

I picked up the car before it whent through new car prep as the guy called me about it when it was coming in (i saw it coming off the trailer), and it is to go in next weekend. It has two key marks down the hood in a large V. a small chunk of the bumper is miss (can be seen in the picture) has miscellaneous scrapes on the rear bumper from people resting stuff on it and such. I don't think the V scratches will be removed, but I'm trying to save for a Carbon fiber OEM (stock style) hood anyways.

I guess I will definitely call the car tibby then, although I just chose that to throw everyone off into thinking I was talking about a girl at first.

@ Syka: Why not a tib? the third gen (what i have) are sexy as hell, although you won't have much power unless you get the 2.7L V6, but handle nicely, I was cutting corners around double parking lanes @20-23 mph in it when I test drove it. I've got the 2.0L 4-cyl because I couldn't afford the insurance on the GTV6, but the gears are short enough that you'll still have decent launches (although I've got plans for a Centrifugal Supercharger). THe only thing is, it seats two, or two people and two midgets/children, my lil sis who is twelve can barely fit in the back.

Oh my mom and cousin both have Elantras a '06 and '06 GT respectively, they are also both silver.

@Jack Squat: You do know that if you own a Jeep you have to wave at every other jeep you see right? It's some unwritten law of the Jeep Wrangler Cult, so sorry to burst your bubble you aren't really popular with those young girls at the beach that were in that topless extended wrangler. Sorry.

Syka
2008-04-13, 07:21 PM
My mom wanted a sedan, and the Tib is more expensive (not too mention insurance). Me, I like my sports and muscle cars. In the shop area they had pictures of a Tib that had been in an accident. The car was completely totaled, the girl (one of the shop guy's daughter) was perfectly fine. Some bruises, but nothing else. They had the pictures up to show the safety. ;)

Ideally, I'd get a WS6 Trans Am. Alas, they run around 15k...used. :smalleek: Chances are, I'll inheirit the Elantra (it's an 04) or the 99 Cutlass I got when my granma died.

But I still want my Trans Am (2002 or a 75)...:( Any muscle/sports car'll do, though. Anyone who wants to donate a car, feel free to PM. :smallwink:

Cheers,
Syka

Jack Squat
2008-04-13, 10:41 PM
@Jack Squat: You do know that if you own a Jeep you have to wave at every other jeep you see right? It's some unwritten law of the Jeep Wrangler Cult, so sorry to burst your bubble you aren't really popular with those young girls at the beach that were in that topless extended wrangler. Sorry.

I wish I've been to a beach in that thing...but yes, I do know about that rule. I'm pretty sure it's written in the manual somewhere.

skywalker
2008-04-13, 10:49 PM

My dyslexia is perverted. I'll give you two guesses which word got moved around in that last sentence in my head.

My 530i is named Cindy. I named my computer too.

@Jack Squat: I knew a robot named chupathingy once... Do you know the robot, too?

EDIT: Oh, yes, I see, a redvsblue joke. A pity I neither play HALO nor watch RedvsBlue. Altho, speaking of naming computers, I know another guy who named his dell "Sheila" due to it's blue glow(this is another redvsblue joke).

Jack Squat
2008-04-14, 08:27 AM
I guarantee I replaced the same words...I was looking forward to heading to the beach :smalltongue:

And yes, it's an RvB tribute. Although I really wasn't the one to name it; one of my coworkers who's a huge Red Vs. Blue fan called it that and it sorta caught on.

CrazedGoblin
2008-04-14, 10:58 AM
i thought it was your daughter or something hehe, nice car

Totally Guy
2008-04-14, 11:05 AM
Just out of curiosity, how many miles on the clock?

I'm looking at getting a new car in the future and that looks pretty good.

Totally Guy
2008-04-14, 11:05 AM
Just out of curiosity, how many miles on the clock?

I'm looking at getting a new car in the future and that looks pretty good.

Zakama
2008-04-14, 04:34 PM
Is it... Healthy to call a car a girl?

Tarnag40k
2008-04-14, 04:42 PM
34,XXX miles on it right now.

And yes it is healthy to call a car a girl. But if you do so, be careful to never have (Censored for little ones) in it, it might get jealous, and start having tons of problems. I can bring up evidence too.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-04-14, 04:43 PM
34,XXX miles on it right now.

And yes it is healthy to call a car a girl. But if you do so, be careful to never have sex in it, it might get jealous, and start having tons of problems. I can bring up evidence too.

I'm pretty sure my car is female, though...

...maybe she's not the jealous type? I wish I could remember her name, too... >.>

Zakama
2008-04-14, 04:50 PM
I standby that it's not healthy. But you have evidence of cars having problems after people... (Um, yeah...) In them?

Tarnag40k
2008-04-14, 05:00 PM
I think though I'm going to do the whole New Hampshire thing (that's where I live) and get vanity plates, but don't know what to get. I want something unique but maybe a little nerdy/dorky, So far I've came up with
1. AQUILA (40k fans rejoice)
2. -RICER-
3. KA-BOOM

Actually how about this, I'll take suggestions for the next few weeks until I can get a plate change and choose 5 in order. The person's suggestion that gets put on will win a prize. Maybe.

And no Syka, it's not a sport car/muscle car donation. Unless you want my friends rusty old 240sx Coupe. just kidding.

Tarnag40k
2008-04-14, 05:00 PM
I think though I'm going to do the whole New Hampshire thing (that's where I live) and get vanity plates, but don't know what to get. I want something unique but maybe a little nerdy/dorky, So far I've came up with
1. AQUILA (40k fans rejoice)
2. -RICER-
3. KA-BOOM

Actually how about this, I'll take suggestions for the next few weeks until I can get a plate change and choose 5 in order. The person's suggestion that gets put on will win a prize. Maybe. if those 5 are already taken, then I'll use one of my 3.

And no Syka, it's not a sport car/muscle car donation. Unless you want my friends rusty old 240sx Coupe. just kidding.