PDA

View Full Version : ES: Oblivion bug NEED HELP!

Halna LeGavilk
2008-04-13, 10:47 PM
Alright. Here's my problem.

I *ahem* artificially advanced myself to level 134. For some reason, whenever I try to take out an Oblivion Gate, it never dies, just sets me back in the same place.

Any solutions, or why it's doing this?

Ranis
2008-04-14, 07:52 AM
Find the saved game right before you cheated, and then try to take down an Oblivion Gate.

Problem solved.

Recaiden
2008-04-14, 06:46 PM
It may be because your not supposed to be able to get above level 52. Try what Ranis said or save and reload.

pingcode20
2008-04-14, 10:19 PM
Why would you want to advance yourself to level 137, anyway? Your stuff isn't any more powerful, and all that happens is the enemies get more powerful.

Terraoblivion
2008-04-14, 10:52 PM
And no matter what you do with the console it screws things up. A lot. Among things that happened when i decided i was unsatisfied with my face and decided to change it around with the console was that i could no longer level. The console is a pretty bad idea to use if you want to play the game in any way resembling normal, no matter how small the change is.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-04-15, 10:28 PM
Huh. Okay. Thanks guys.

It's part of my character's backstory, plus I just wanted to see what happened.

Bleen
2008-04-16, 11:37 PM
I would agree with Terra. No matter what you do with it, the console is a fickle mistress best used for fixing bugs that weren't already caused by the console or testing mods.

Also, ratcheting your level up doesn't actually increase your skills or abilities so yeah, you are pretty much just asking for the game to shove more powerful enemies down your now-significantly-weaker throat.

Edit: Fixed redundant typo.

Ranis
2008-04-17, 07:59 AM
It's part of my character's backstory,

:smalleek:

....what??? Being 3x more powerful than any mortal EVER is a part of the backstory of your character??

Does he bleed awesome and kill Valkyries in his spare time?

Seriously though, what happened was that when the game tried to load appropriate encounters for your character to fight, the game couldn't count that high for purposes of equivocating your challenges, and promptly cries, and sits in the fetal position in the corner, and waits to die.

Blayze
2008-04-17, 08:10 AM
Just install Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul (http://jorgeoscuro.googlepages.com/), use the original Oblivion levelling rate file instead of any of the nerfed progression ones and install the AF Level Mod (http://www.fuzionmedia.com/oblivion/afleveling.html). Then sit back, breeze through the sewers and once you hit daylight, equip the ring.

Select "Based on Major Skills, 10 per level", then just start playing. No need to micromanage every aspect of your levelling in the most pathetically, pointlessly overcomplicated levelling system I have found so far.

Halna LeGavilk
2008-04-17, 10:10 PM
Also, ratcheting your level up doesn't actually increase your skills or abilities so yeah, you are pretty much just asking for the game to shove more powerful enemies down your now-significantly-weaker throat.

Actually, I leveled my skills using cheats, and my actual level is from the skills. So my skills are all at (or over) 100.

My character does in fact bleed awesome. He is (supposed to be) a banished Deadric Prince, returning back to Tamriel to wreak revenge.

Hoggy
2008-04-18, 11:51 AM
I have another bug, if anyone can help, that saves me making another thread:

Oblivion seems to have inexplicably eaten 35 of one of my character's 40 personality.

I wish I could give more detail... but that's all I know. I loaded the game up today, and my personality was at 3 (scales of pitiless justice). Even when I removed all items and stuff, it stayed at 5, red number to indicate some sort of drain, but no effect in the effects window saying what the drain was, and no amount of restore magic would fix it.

I'm against using the console, but honestly, I have no friggin' idea what's gone down. HALP!