PDA

View Full Version : Mind if I share a story here?

PhantomFox
2008-04-14, 09:47 AM
I have a story that's been bouncing around in my head for the longest time, and I'd like y'all to take a look at it, and see whether it's worth continuing. If I get enough interest (and an artist. My drawing skills are decent, but my coloring is abysmal), I may even turn it into a comic. I've got the introductory chapter written, and I'm working on the second, but I'm not sure it'd be a good idea just to c/p a 10 page document straight to a thread.

So...

1) How should I best go about sharing this with y'all?
2) Can you help me improve it when I do so? I can think of a few places, but I want to see if you can see them, or I'm just being overly nit-picky.
3) When I do post it, would you be interested in seeing more?

Edit: I found a way to host the story on googledocs, let's hope this'll work. Here's the first chapter, I'll add the second once I finish it
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dqk6gd7_0gj4qtjt2&hl=en

Thanks in advance!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-04-14, 10:33 AM
Hiya:smalltongue:

1) Post it in a spoiler, with the title bold above it.
2) Most likely, ok. If I can't others probably can.
3) Give me some. I'l see then if I'm willing to read, advice and comment more.

Mando Knight
2008-04-14, 12:44 PM
1) How should I best go about sharing this with y'all?

Interpretive dance.:smalltongue: ...No, not really.

2) Can you help me improve it when I do so? I can think of a few places, but I want to see if you can see them, or I'm just being overly nit-picky.

If I see things that I think need improving, sure.

3) When I do post it, would you be interested in seeing more?

I don't know. The only time machine I know of was used by whoever gave me a 2009 Machoke over Nintendo WiFi.:smalltongue:

PhantomFox
2008-04-14, 02:32 PM
Hmm. Is there a word limit for posts? I just pulled up the file, and the first chapter is 13 pages.

PhantomFox
2008-04-14, 08:57 PM
Found a cheep way to host it. Lemme know what you think? Don't be TOO harsh. Please?