PDA

View Full Version : Races I Will Be Publishing On My Site (PEACH)

alchemyprime
2008-04-14, 01:48 PM
My Site's still under construction, but you can go see it. The d20 page isn't up yet...

http://alchemyprime.angelfire.com

These are my races. I have legoshrimp making two more to round out the article.

I'm only tossing in crunch here. If you want to be mentioned in the article for helping, let me know in you replies.

Dravon

Medium Size
Dragon Type
+2 Str, +4 Con, -2 Int, +2 Cha
Powerful Build
SR 11 + Class Levels
Speed 30' Feet
Innate Specialty: Choose a descriptor that your Dravon character is good at. If you wish, you may roll 1d8 to choose instead. A Dravon spellcaster gains a +1 bonus to caster level with all spells of the first descriptor, and a -1 racial penalty to caster level with all spells of the second descriptor.
1. +1 Fire, -1 Cold
2. +1 Acid, -1 Electricity
3. +1 Sonic, -1 Force
4. +1 Light, -1 Shadow
5. +1 Cold, -1 Fire
6. +1 Electricity, -1 Acid
7. +1 Force, -1 Sonic
8. +1 Shadow, -1 Light
Draconic Remnants: The dravon have some remains of their pure dragon blood in them. If you chose your innate specialty, roll 1d4. If you rolled you innate specialty, choose a remnant. Refer to the number. You gain the coresponding benefit.
1. Wings: Gain a fly speed of 60', Good manuverability.
2. Claws: Gain 2 claw attacks as secondary natural attacks. These deal 1d6 damage each.
3. Bite: Gain 1 bite attack as a primary natural attack. This attack deals 1d8 points of damage.
4. Scales: Gain a +2 racial bonus to natural armor.
Favored Class: Barbarian or Sorcerer. A dravon's barbarian or sorcerer levels, whichever is higher, does not count toward XP penalties for multiclassing.
Level Adjustment: +2

Savron

-2 Strength, +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma
Medium SIze
Plant, but can be affected by mind-affecting effects and polymorph. However, Savron have a +4 racial bonus on saves from spells that create a polymorph effect.
Base Speed 30'
-2 penalty on saves against spells and powers with the fire descriptor.
Ignores the first 60' of a fall when calculating falling damage, unless the savron was helpless during the fall (was unable to move). This stacks with catfall, feather fall and a monk's slow fall ability.
Does not need to eat for the day if exposed to sunlight for 4 hours.
+2 racial bonus on craft checks dealing with wood.
+4 Dodge bonus to AC versus Animals and Vermin.
Favored Class: Druid
Level Adjustment: +1

Tallven

Small Size
Humanoid (Aquatic)
Amphibious: May exist outside of water or underwater indeffinately.
Base Land Speed 20'
Swim Speed 30'
+8 Racial bonus on Swim checks
Needs to douse self in 1 gallon of water when gaining spells or power points for the day, in addition to other requisites from classes (resting or praying).
Gift of (Insert Tallven God Here): Once per day, a tallven may use a breath weapon. This breath deals 1d4 points of electricity damage, and increases by 1d4 at 3rd level and every 3 levels thereafter (6th, 9th, 12th, etc.) The size is a 15' cone, and increases by 5' at 4th level and every 3 levels there after (7th, 10th, 13th, etc.). All caught within the area of the breath weapon may make a relfex save for half damage (DC 10 + 1/2 Tallven's level + Tallven's Con modifier).
+1 racial bonus on attack rolls against monstrous humanoids and aqautic animals.
Favored Class: Cleric

Edits: Improved the Tallven breath weapon prgression at Yakk's suggestion, included Tallven Breath DC, altered Dravon abilities so only one is random and you decide which one is.

Feats:

Extra Breath [Tallven]
Prerequisites: Tallven, character level 4th or higher
Benefit: You may use your Tallven breath weapon an extra 2 times per day. You may take this feat multiple times.

Shape Breath
Prerequisites:Tallven, character level 4th or higher
Benefit: You may now use your tallven breath weapon as a line with twice the range of the cone. You may also shorten your breath weapon to a minimum of 10 feet in cone form and 20 feet in line form.

Improved Draconic Blood[Dravon]
Prerequisites: Dravon, must be taken at first level unless a sorcerer
Benefit: You gain two Draconic Remnants instead of just the one. You always get to choose the one gained by this feat. If you are a sorcerer, you may take this feat multiple times, each time gaining another draconic remnant.

RTGoodman
2008-04-14, 01:59 PM
They seem pretty good to me. The one thing that stands out to me is that no one is going to want to play a race where half of their abilities (and at least one of their best ones) is randomly determined. I'd just model the Dravon on the Hellbred from FCII, where they get to pick one of the options in each category.

Also, for the Tallven, are there supposed to be any ability bonuses or penalties? I think most Small races automatically have a -2 Str (since changing size from Medium to Small gives a -2). If you don't want that, it's cool - I just thought I'd point it out.

alchemyprime
2008-04-14, 02:09 PM
I wanted a small race without the -Str, +Dex pattern so many of them have. After a few more posts come up, I'll update the site with the article "Races of the Von: Dravon, Tallven, and Savron.

As for the Dravon, I was originally going to make it that if you chhose the bonuses, you roll the remnants and vice versa. Make it sort of a fun bit to mess around with.

Yakk
2008-04-14, 04:58 PM
Breath weapon:
Reflex save for half, DC 10+con bonus+HD/2
1d4 + 1d4 at 3rd and every 3 HD after.
15' size, +5' at 7th, 13th and 19th HD.
1/day, +1/day at 5th, 11th and 17th HD.

I think that would mean it gets some upgrade every single level, even if just a DC boost.

Capping the damage progression is pointless. Character power is growing, why stop damage advancement?

Spell Like Ability I'm guessing. Standard Action?

Hmm.

Level 1: Line
Level 6: Cone or Line
Level 12: Move Action (!)
Level 18: Swift Action (!!)

But that might be adding too many tweaks. :)

alchemyprime
2008-04-14, 08:17 PM
I'll keep it cone always, and I'll let them hold back the damage if they want, but as for the times per day... I was going to make that a feat. I'll edit the post and include the feats.

alchemyprime
2008-05-07, 12:50 PM
Okay, I'm actually not going to officially publish these races in 3.5, as I will wait until 4e. So, if anyone is interested in the fluff, I will update the top post.

Also, any more peaching is welcome.