PDA

View Full Version : 4E Campaign: Planning Ahead

JBento
2008-04-15, 06:10 AM
It's 53 days until the advent of 4E, and I'll be probably be DMing a brand new campaign for my gaming group (btw, if you're one of them, stop reading).

Though mechanics are still undefinable for obvious reasons (oy, I thought I'd told you to stop reading), I'm wanted to concoct the campaign's theme and starting point. I was thinking about two options, both based in quite good games:

(What the... GO BLOODY AWAY!!!!)

1) VERY LOOSELY based on Planescape: Torment (if you don't know THAT game, go find out - it's one fo the best EVER). Though they won't be starting in Sigil or anything like it (though the campaign MIGHT lead them there - I'm keeping the Great Wheel cosmology), they'll wake up naked and with identity amnesia in a cold stone slab; and:

2) Also VERY LOOSELY based on the on-going Mardek series start (you can find those at www.fighunter.com ) - basically, they'll start out as grand 30th-level characters... only to find out they're actually younglings that can do not much at all.

I'm leaning towards 1), but I haven't decided yet, so I thought to ask you guys.

Also, Campaign Journal. I'm thinking about writing one for that campaign and mail it to the players, so they'll have the run-down of the stuff easily accessible. Also, would you folks be interested in reading it too, maybe give some ideas about it when it starts going? Is there a specific forum on GitP for that kind of stuff?