PDA

View Full Version : A question

yosh
2008-04-15, 11:50 AM
Is there oods before what i see here #1?
start of darkness? please explain.

Morty
2008-04-15, 12:24 PM
If you mean the history of protagonists and antagonists before first strip then yes, they are described in prequel books, On The Origin of PCs and Start of Darkness.

yosh
2008-04-15, 01:52 PM
where can i find it?
is it online?
i really want to see this prequles :)

Fitzclowningham
2008-04-15, 02:04 PM
You gotta buy 'em. They're not available online. Either head down to your local comic shop, or click the "Shop" button to the left. Beg, borrow, or, er, somehow appropriate the cash - they're really excellent, especially Start of Darkness.

yosh
2008-04-15, 02:08 PM
Im from Israel. i doubt they will have it here.

NikkTheTrick
2008-04-15, 02:10 PM
Im from Israel. i doubt they will have it here.
Maybe you can contact a store that will ship it. Don't know how it works though. I had very hard time finding it in Edmonton and it did take several months...

yosh
2008-04-15, 02:16 PM
So please write here exactly what are the names of the comics i need to read.
that are realted to oots.

FoE
2008-04-15, 02:22 PM
Just to clarify: there are two books, on the Origin of PCs and Start of Darkness, which are available in print only. The store on this wesite also offers compilation of the online strips ("No Cure for the Paladin Blues," for example), but the two books I mentioned before have NO content in them that appeared online. These are prequels to the start of the strip (which, of course, features the group upgrading to 3.5 Edition).

You don't "need" to read Start of Darkness or On the Origin of PCs. They do enhance your enjoyment of the story — you learn how the Order of the Stick and Team Evil came together — but you can still read the online strip without having any knowledge of the prequel books. It's sort of like refusing to watch the Star Wars prequels: not seeing them won't lessen your enjoyment of A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi.

Having said that, I ordered both books online on this website. You can ship them internationally, though it is costly.

Morty
2008-04-15, 02:23 PM
Technically you don't need to read them, but I hear they're worth it(not enough to make me pay more shipping cost than the cost of the book itself, but whatever). Also, all names, details etc. you need are in shop (http://www.giantitp.com/Shop.html) section, even if you don't want to buy it from there.
EDIT: Ninja'd by a kirby. Such shame...

Dragon48
2008-04-15, 03:09 PM
I'm from Israel too, and I am planning to buy Start of Darkness aswell. I may order it from the UK because it's a bit cheaper and closer than the US (shorter shipping time xD), but you can still purchase it in Tel-Aviv. You can also order if from the store there by mail or express mail, just go to freak.org.il and search for it there. (hope this isn't advetising, it's an Israeli gaming site that you can buy stuff from, OoTS books for example.)

Qov
2008-04-15, 03:16 PM
While we're on the topic, whether you buy it because you don't want to miss any of the story, or you buy it because you want to give the Giant more tangible support than enthusiastic praise of the latest episode, it's available in Vancouver, Canada, too, at The Comic Shop on West 4th.

I think posting places the books are available is a perfectly legitimate use of the thread, especially if yosh or a moderator would be so kind as to edit the original title to read "Where to buy OOTS books." It's a nice counter to the "but I don't have a credit card" argument to have a thread full of "so go buy it in person!" responses.

Mauve Shirt
2008-04-15, 03:35 PM
It's a nice counter to the "but I don't have a credit card" argument
Alternate counterargument: Use your parents' credit card! :smalltongue:

There's a comic shop in oldtown Ellicott City, MD that sells them..can't remember it's name, I think it had Comix in the name.