PDA

View Full Version : The Malfitting Players

Dwight T. Barns
2008-04-15, 12:04 PM
This is a thread where DMs can talk, and just let out all your anger at bad parties or bad players, infact, to stop my self from going crazy, please do you best to make my group seem normal:

So, as DM of my group consisting of the following:
-Morally quesstionable Palladin= Alignment is LG, obviously, everyone else is either CE or CN, so he had to make some tweaks to his charcter's "view" of evil, he belives that he can convert the others to good, he told me later that when he gets the first chance he will just turn blackguard saying we were too much for him.
-Nolle Barbaryern= speaks Ocrish, Eleven, and Cummon. characters intelligence is 9, the players? about 4-ish? he previously threw my campaign into the garbage by lighting a forest on fire while transporting boxes of explosives though it... ended badly. he managed to keep 2 boxes which had some meaning later on.
-Former Whole-sale Wizard= since my party usally burns down magic shops (twice now actually) i decided to insert the new member of the party as the owner of a new magic shop. the store had little instock, and the villain sent his evil minions to burn it before my party could.
-Warp 10 Monk= as you know this class sucks but for one thing, they run really fast. this guy got all the items and feats and equiptment that can make you run farther, he does barley any damage but atleast he distracts enemies right? false. he steals loot, and was the instigator of many a robbery before the Palladin and wizard joined.
-Stabby Mcstabstabb= this guy is known on the forums here as Da King. he... hates the Barbaryern and seems to fight with the Monk a lot. expressions of this hatred? remeber those boxes the barbaryern had taken before they blew up? one night at the Inn he lit Barbaryern on fire so he could make the boxes explode. Mr. Nolle survievs with 1hp about 0.
-Evil Necrominded Cleric= Balances out the Paladin, but wants to make an army rather than heal. one of the few times where he plays his role is to stop Mcstabstabb from killing the Barbaryern.

Da King
2008-04-15, 12:41 PM
Hey, I only kill "Nolle Barbaryern" over and over because it's funny, not because I hate him! We would never have got the "pull a Robert" joke if it had not been for me! And you're pretty bad yourself, Dwight. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74950)

PnP Fan
2008-04-15, 01:22 PM
Don't get me wrong, this sort of thing happens to everyone at least once.
But it sounds like it happens to you a lot. And you don't like it.
Try telling your players what you expect out of them. Don't want alignment conflict? tell them. Don't want evil, destructive characters? Tell them you want a heroic campaign, but give them lots of evil things to wreck.

Honestly, if they are buning down magic shops in your campaign, that only works to make your life easier, so that they can't just go and buy whatever magic they need.

Talk about your expectations from a game with your players. heck the worst thing that might come out of it is that you realize your style of playing/dming is counter to their style of playing. From there you can either figure out how to change things and compromise, or go find another group to play with.