PDA

View Full Version : Girallons Blessing & TWF

McClintock
2008-04-15, 02:12 PM
Can a PC with TWF, ITWF, & GTWF use two bastard sword if they have 4 arms with out penalty?

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-04-15, 02:14 PM
You need Multi-Weapon Fighting (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsterFeats.htm#multiweaponFighting), not TWF.

Tsotha-lanti
2008-04-15, 02:26 PM
Bastard swords are a bad example. Do you mean one-handed or two-handed?

Anyway, yeah, Multiweapon Fighting exists for this.

ZeroNumerous
2008-04-15, 02:28 PM
You need Multi-Weapon Fighting (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsterFeats.htm#multiweaponFighting), not TWF.

Nope. He's using two bastard swords(two-handed, I'd assume). Not three. TWF would apply in this instance, not multi-weapon fighting.

Tsotha-lanti
2008-04-15, 02:38 PM
Nope. He's using two bastard swords(two-handed, I'd assume). Not three. TWF would apply in this instance, not multi-weapon fighting.

But he's using multiple limbs.

MULTIWEAPON FIGHTING [GENERAL]

Prerequisites: Dex 13, three or more hands.

Benefit: Penalties for fighting with multiple weapons are reduced by 2 with the primary hand and reduced by 6 with off hands.

Normal: A creature without this feat takes a –6 penalty on attacks made with its primary hand and a –10 penalty on attacks made with its off hands. (It has one primary hand, and all the others are off hands.) See Two-Weapon Fighting.

Special: This feat replaces the Two-Weapon Fighting feat for creatures with more than two arms.

I think the thri-kreen description may go into detail about using two weapons two-handed.

McClintock
2008-04-15, 02:41 PM

Yes, the character in question wants to use 2 two-handed weapons, not 3, not 4 just 2. So then does it apply to twf?

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2008-04-15, 02:47 PM
Yes, the character in question wants to use 2 two-handed weapons, not 3, not 4 just 2. So then does it apply to twf?

No, as Tsotha-lanti points out it is the number of limbs used that are important, not the number of weapons.