PDA

View Full Version : Gatsu from Berserk, statted for you in d20 (PEACH)

Ossian
2008-04-15, 04:50 PM
Hello folks and dragon slayers friends. Just for my amusement I statted the most statted character on the Internet after Link and possibly Cloud Strife: Gatsu from berserk ((C) Kentaro Miura).

Let's say this is a draft, and let's also say that it came to my mind after reading a thread on the wizards forum and the avengin executioner PrClass (Complete Scoundrel) which literally begged me to stat the BFS wielder we all love, fear, respect and whatever.

So, I am going to edit this post according to feedback and further development of the character sheet. Please note that I would love to develop Gatsu according to what happens in the story, as if he went through all that nightmare, a bit like as if he actually was a D&D character. After all, it's a bloody and cruel and ruthless low magic campaign. Nothing d20 cannot handle...And we can add the nippon flavoring.

I also need your feedback on some degrees of optimizations. While I get often criticized for making 'lame' character, I guess that the real point is that my power-meter is different. I'd never use, for instance, the OOTS power scale for my campaign, where 14-15 level characters are wandering around like a bunch of teenagers doing quests and subquests. Normally, form me level 15 is epic badass, some leagues above king leonidas. This is why I have tried to keep Gatsu low. Still, I had to use the 24 levels (not so sure about the exotic weapon master though. with all that damage in sundering it's kind of overkill).

Bear in mind that I don't think Gatsu is invincible. Just that he did not lose in the story we read. To make him unbeatable under any circumstance, and with all he's been through, he'd have to be level 40. Yet, I guess we agree that with all those broken bones a-la-o-chul he didn't become "THE" berserk without breaking a sweat.

Finally, a bunch of points which might help being constructive:

While I don't own the 3ds I open, please refrain from opening the usual debate on "its's Gatsu" "no, it's written Gats" "No, the US versions says..." "the Japanese kanji clearly indicates" and all those displays of knowledge phonetics and ortography-wise. I'm happy with calling him Gatsu (which I read gàht-suu) and his nemesis Grifis (gree-phiis).

I'd love to keep him a normal Human. So, while I'll consider adding "traits", things like "feral template" or "titan Bloodline" while fitting and cool and good for the number crunching, are just not my cup of tea this time. The sole reason behind this decision is that I like the way Demons and Apostoles despise him for being "just a man" or for having "the simple, fragile frame of a human being"). Plus, thus far we haven’t read anything about his origin but the fact that he was found in a pool of blood and liquids from his dead mother’s uterus. He was born close to death, hence he is better at avoiding her, but that’s it.

I'd love help on the Dragonslayer. As far as the sword goes, it's cool to bend the rules and use some expedient to give it the flavor, bearing in mind one very important thing: it's a slab of Iron of unspecified insane weight. It' the gimmick of the whole series. It's like Kenshiro's tsuban-hitting technique. Makes no sense, but it's just what you love most and what bears the highest symbolic value, in a work which is all about symbols and metaphors.

I'd also love help on the handcannon, as I don't own a single Eberron book, but I am told that there is good stuff in there. I’ve found this stuff on the wizard’s board: here (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=998128&page=2&highlight=gatsu)

• Prosthetic Arm
o When equipped, the prosthetic arm can be used to hold metal items or help wield two-handed weapons. It also functions as a mastercraft gauntlet.
o Arm Cannon, Exotic Medium Ranged Weapon (10’ range, 3d6 fire and 3d6 bludgeoning damage, 20/x2)
§ The arm cannon is a concealed weapon, requiring a DC 25 Spot or Search check to detect. If an opponent is not aware of the arm cannon, they are treated as flat-footed for the purpose of the wielder’s attack.
§ Reloading the arm cannon requires two full-round actions, each provoking an attack of opportunity
§ While in a grapple, the wielder may make a grapple check to attack with the arm cannon. If the attack hits, it automatically threatens a critical hit.
• Ammunition and Gunpowder for ten shots.
• 10 Fire Bombs, Splash Weapons (10’ range, 3d6 fire damage/1d6 splash, 20/x2)
• Rickert’s Repeating Crossbow
o This crossbow functions as a mastercraft heavy repeating crossbow with two exceptions: The range is halved, and the magazines hold ten shots instead of five.

Please, if you suggest feats or talents or special combos, quote the source. I own many splatbooks but I am nowhere near knowing them half as well as the last issue of Mickey Mouse. Use the usual abbreviation (like CW 103 for Complete Warrior page 103). Also, I have given up deciphering the Book of 9 Swords. I just think maneuvers are not worth the extra effort of learning them all for the sake of statting a comic book character. Same goes for new weapons. If you propose mercurial blades, fullblades and so on, just tell me where I can look them up.

Traits: those serve to justify some of his personal accomplishments as well as to make up for the size of weapons he uses.
Relentless (he just keeps fighting, riding, swimming, fighting, running, bleeding until he’s far off the chart of a human potential)
Reckless: he says it all the time, especially when he explains his own fighting style. This, too, serves the purpose of allowing him access to larger weapons.
Aggressive: he just does not let you start the fight. The ball is always in the court he wants it to be!

I have also removed the "wild empathy" thing. Made no sense.

The sacrificial mark: this is very complicated to translate in game terms. The biggest drawback is that it kills you when you get it, and that even if you survive it you won’t last long, as all demons within a certain range will pick your trail easily, find you and eat you. Moreover, by night or in shady places it just conjures any number of tormented spirits that will try to eat your face and soul. Plus, it hurts when they are around. I made it this way:

1. The marked person is never flat footed or surprise if a Demon attacks him (unless the attack comes from many dozens of yards away).
2. It links him to the spiritual world, thus enhancing his insight and in general his perception through instinct. It thus acts as a +2 periapt of wisdom
3. The sacrificial mark inflicts 1 point of non-lethal damage every ten minutes if one or more apostles or hellspawn creatures are within 100 meters. If the creatures are larger than medium size it inflicts 1 point of non lethal damage per size category above Medium every 10 minutes. The ones that created the Mark (the Hand of God) can in turn inflict lethal damage, up to 5 HP per swift action (GM’s discretion) and force the marked person to resist being stunned for 1d4 rounds if he fails a Fort. Save DC 20+damage inflicted. Even if the save succeeds, the marked person is still dazed for the next round. Gatsu is a bit special, and on him the mark had the effect of granting the Feat “Iron Will” and allowing him to brandish the Dragonslayer by pure force of hatred.
4. For all the demonic creatures, no matter their class, species or abilities, Gatsu is always considered a favored enemy, just like the ranger’s ability. Thus, they gain a +2 bonus on all spot, bluff, listen, sense motive, survival and weapon damage. This effect stacks with the “favored enemy: humanoid (human)” that a demonic creature might possess (example: a demon with levels in Ranger).

Berserker Armor. I have found what follows at the same link where I have found the prostethic arm. (HERE (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=998128&page=2&highlight=gatsu)), but I modified it slightly

+5 ADAMANTINE Dwarven made Full Plate, DR 3.

o While wearing the berserker armor, a wielder with the ability to enter a frenzy must make a will save to avoid doing so every round in which they engage in melee combat, even if they take no damage. In addition, they may not enter a rage unless already in a frenzy.
o While the wielder is in a frenzy, the berserker armor is treated as a +2 Mithral Full Plate of Medium Fortification that cannot be removed by normal means. The wielder themself gains an additional +6 to strength and dexterity as a well as an immunity to fear, stun, nausea and death from massive damage. However, the damage they take every round is lethal instead of nonlethal, and the frenzy does not end normally as long as there are living or animate creatures within the vicinity. At the end of a frenzy, the wielder takes 1 (permanent???) wisdom damage.
o If the wielder has the deathless frenzy ability and would die at the end of a frenzy due to hit point loss, they instead heal to -9 hp and permanently reduce their maximum number of hit points by the same amount.

So, just to begin with, here is my first step.

Gatsu, until he returns to the Hawks and finds out they have been disbanded. Also, the Gatsu that has to face Wiald of the Dogs.

BackgroundGatsu starts off as a pure warrior, a fighter, a mercenary and a blade for hire. Trained since he was 6, by the time he encounters Wiald he has already defeated scores of enemies, and although just mooks, he had to go against 100 of them, all by himself. He has also survived an encounter with Zodd the Nosferatu and is clearly gifted beyond reckoning and destined to awesomeness. He is pretty much unaware of that, and says he fought and fought all his life because he simply was afraid of dying, and chopping heads was all he had ever learned. He’s quite agile and good at flipping through dangerous areas, and he always attacks first! (fight with Shilat, Tumble cross class ranks, improved initiative, aggressive). He’s got an awesome technique and is always in control of the battle (power attack, improved bull rush, weapon focus and specialization, improved critical), cutting through multiple foes with one swing of his sword (cleave); he can take loads of punishment and be back on his feet much earlier than anyone else (fast healing). He’s also informed on who’s who in the mercs world and has some insight on the world of nobles and generals.

Level 8 Adult Human Male (age 19-20)
Fighter 8
Alignment: Neutral Good (he’s not particularly bound to any authority and changes sides when he deems that more fitting to his needs or when he thinks his time in a certain place is over; he’s good as he is not a bad guy, and would possibly try to spare innocents or help his friends)

Initial stats and level boosts (4 and 8)
STR: 17. Tall, healthy, muscular man, trained to be a butcher since childhood)
CON: 18. He just won’t die.
DEX: 16 (17). He’s quick but not the quickest, although well beyond the average. Plus, he hardly ever has to dodge, after he swings his sword) +1 at level 4, works hard, and fights many full scale battles. Too many cannon balls, arrow showers, log dodging days…
WIS: 12. Naturally attuned to the realm of instinct)
INT: 11 (12). He’s not a dumbass. +1 at level 8 (he’s been through travels and intensive training, plus life in the wilderness and personal training. He got smarter)
CHA: 8. He’s really got issues.

BAB: +8
Full attack: +9/+4 (3d6+8 , 17-20, x3, large greatsword) or +11/+6 (1d4+4, 19-20, x2, dagger)
HP: 90
AC:17 Touch:11 Flat Footed:16
Initiative: +9 (+2 aggressive, +3 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)
Movement: 9mt
Saves: F. +10 R. + 5 W. +3

Skills: Climb (Str) +4 Handle Animal (Cha) +4 Intimidate (Cha) +5 Jump (Str) +9 Knowledge (Local) +2, Knowledge (Nobility) +2, Ride (Dex) +7, Survival +2, Swim (Str) +7, Tumble +7

Feats: Improved Initiative (lvl 1), Power Attack (HBF), Monkey Grip (CW, FTR1). Improved Bull Rush (FTR2), Weapon Focus - Greatsword (lvl 3), Weapon Specialization – Greatsword (FTR 4), Cleave (FTR6), Faster Healing (CW, lvl 6), Improved Critical Greatsword (FTR 8)

Equipment: large greatsword, mastercraft banded mail, mastercraft dagger

Gatsu after the eclipse, and after defeating Jill and many other apostles.

Background
By now Gatsu has spent 2 or 3 years tracking them, moving in the darkness, sleeping (very little) by day and bleeding by night. Quite often he escapes certain death by sheer luck, his special weapons (cannon and automatic crossbow) or through the help of those he scolds (Puck for first). While he is absolutely fearsome and overpowering with his blade, he is also lucky as to have to test it on mooks (mostly). The 3 or 4 apostle fights we witness in the manga (he might have had more) leave him in poor state, but it is right here that he develops and hones his skills, willpower, determination and ability to tap into the resources granted him by fury. When he sheds blood, it’s scary just be in the same place, let alone fight him (Avengin Executioner). He’s also cunning, smart and bent on revenge. At the cost of long and extensive practice, he’s now quite amazing with his small knives. Needless to say, he has now the Dragonslayer.

Lvl 15 Adult Human Male (age 20-23)
Fighter 8/Ranger 3/Barbarian 2/Avenging Executioner 2
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral (law and authority count as nothing for him, and he’s obsessed by his quest, totally self reliant, bitter and angry with the whole world, full of loathing and self-despise. He won’t try too hard to protect the innocents against what his mark bears, especially if they stand between his blade and an apostle.

STR: 17.
CON: 18.
DEX: 17 (18). +1 at level 12. He’s now a lightning bolt.
WIS: 12. (14). Mark of sacrifice
INT: 12
CHA: 8.

BAB: +14
Full attack: +14/+9/+4 (4d6+8 , 17-20, x4, huge greatsword) or +17/+12/+7 (1d4+4, 19-20, x2, dagger)
HP: 160
AC:19 Touch:11 Flat Footed:18
Initiative: +10 (+2 aggressive, +4 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)
Movement: 12mt (+4 to running jumps)
Saves: F. +16 R. + 11 W. +9

Skills: Climb (Str) +5, Concentration +10, Craft (weapons) +4, Handle Animal (Cha) +4, Heal +6, Hide (Dex) +8, Intimidate (Cha) +7 Jump (Str) +13, Knowledge (Geography) +2, Knowledge (Local) +2, Knowledge (Nobility) +2, Listen +5, Move Silently +8 Ride (Dex) +10, Search +2, Survival +6, Swim (Str) +7, Spot +5, Tumble +9

Feats: Improved Initiative (lvl 1), Power Attack (HBF), Monkey Grip (CW, FTR1). Improved Bull Rush (FTR2), Weapon Focus - Greatsword (lvl 3), Weapon Specialization – Greatsword (FTR 4), Cleave (FTR6), Faster Healing (CW, lvl 6), Improved Critical – Greatsword (FTR8), Track (rgr 1), Exotic Weapon Proficiency – Dragonslayer (lvl 9), Rapid Shot (rgr 2), Endurance (rgr 3), Exotic Weapon Proficiency (light repeating crossbow) (lvl 12), Favored Power Attack (lvl 15),

SQ: Combat Style, Favored Enemy (Apostle), Rage (1/day) Uncanny Dodge, Bloody Blade (CW), Sudden Strike CW) +1d6, Mark of sacrifice, Rapid Intimidation (CW)

Equipment: dragonslayer, dagger (mastercraft), full plate (mastercraft), light repeating crossbow(mastercraft).

Gatsu from the fight Against Mozgus all the way to the acquisition of the Berserk armor, the invasion of the Kushan and the Ganishuka monster attacks.

Background
Gatsu, after setting out to find Caska, has a major fight at the Tower of Condemnation; immediately after that he meets (and fights) Zodd and Grifis. When he leaves for his quest to find the country of Elves an unspecified time passes, and we see him, probably through 1 or 2 seasons, fending off monsters night and day. By now his ability with the dragonslayer makes him a master in his own right, and possibly the toughest bastard on Earth. His commitment and fury in hunting down and exterminating the apostles and the newborn hawks is undiminished. If he strikes first, as it often happens, one of the apostles, the sheer fury of his power attack combined with rage, the sudden strike and favored power attack/improved favored enemy can deal an immense amount of damage. Should he score a critical, death would be almost sure (power critical)

Lvl 24 Adult Human Male (age 24 and on). Epic.
Fighter 10/Ranger 3/Barbarian 5/Avenging Executioner 5/Exotic Weapon Master 1
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral. Law and authority count even less for him, and religion was added to the same stack without much hesitation. His character has shifted a bit from destroyer to defender, but is still a berserk…

STR: 17 (18). +1 at level 16. Swinging that iron board has got to count as workout, damn...
CON: 18 (20). +1 at level 20 and 24. Self explanatory
DEX: 18
WIS: 12. (14). Mark of sacrifice
INT: 12
CHA: 8.

BAB: +21
Full attack: +22/+17/+12/+7 (4d6+9 , 17-20, x4, huge greatsword) or +24/+19/+14/+9 (1d4+5, 19-20, x2, dagger)
HP: 300 (1d10+5d12+8d8+96)
AC:17 Touch:14 Flat Footed:12
Movement: 12mt (+4 to running jumps)
Saves: F. +23 R. + 16 W. +14

Skills: Balance +12, Climb (Str) +10, Concentration +10, Craft (weapons) +4, Handle Animal (Cha) +4, Heal +6, Hide (Dex) +10, Intimidate (Cha) +21 Jump (Str) +23, Knowledge (Arcana) +5, Knowledge (Geography) +2, Knowledge (Local) +2, Knowledge (Nature) +4, Knowledge (Nobility) +2, Listen +6, Move Silently +8 Ride (Dex) +10, Search +2, Survival +7, Swim (Str) +9, Spot +6, Tumble +11

Feats: Improved Initiative (lvl 1), Power Attack (HBF), Monkey Grip (CW, FTR1). Improved Bull Rush (FTR2), Weapon Focus - Greatsword (lvl 3), Weapon Specialization – Greatsword (FTR 4), Cleave (FTR6), Faster Healing (CW, lvl 6), Improved Critical – Greatsword (FTR8), Track (rgr 1), Exotic Weapon Proficiency – Dragonslayer (lvl 9), Rapid Shot (rgr 2), Endurance (rgr 3), Exotic Weapon Proficiency (light repeating crossbow) (lvl 12), Favored Power Attack (lvl 15), Diehard (18), Shock Trooper (21), Extend Rage (24), Power Critical (FTR10)

SQ: Combat Style – Rapid shot, Favored Enemy (Apostle), Rage (2/day, extended), Trap Sense, Uncanny Dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Bloody Blade (CW), Sudden Strike (CW) +3d6, Mark of sacrifice, Rapid Intimidation (CW), Dread Blade (CW), Bloody Murder (CW), Exotic Sunder +1d6(CW)

Equipment:
Huge mastercraft greatsword (-3 to hit), can hit ethereal and incorporeal (The Dragonslayer is treated as a Holy Ghost Touch weapon for the purposes of bypassing DR and determining whether an attack hits. This is an extraordinary ability) The Dragonslayer’s size provides a wielder of medium size with cover in the direction of their choice make a total defense action.
Mastercraft dagger
6 mastercraft throwing knives
Mastercraft light (original) or heavy (Rickert’s) repeating crossbow (see above)
Various daggers
Berserker armor (see above)

There is also a link to a character sheet, here (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=3766). I hope it matches the numbers above. 24 levels are a pain in the side to add.

Enjoy, and give me your feedback!

Ossian

Ossian
2008-04-21, 07:35 AM
Part BUMP-ing and part updating. I tryed a second take, this time with Hellreaver levels (from Fiendish Codex II)

It works better! And it took 1 level less.

BackgroundGatsu starts off as a pure warrior, a fighter, a mercenary and a blade for hire. Trained since he was 6, by the time he encounters Wiald he has already defeated scores of enemies, and although just mooks, he had to go against 100 of them, all by himself. He has also survived an encounter with Zodd the Nosferatu and is clearly gifted beyond reckoning and destined to awesomeness. He is pretty much unaware of that, and says he fought and fought all his life because he simply was afraid of dying, and chopping heads was all he had ever learned. He’s quite agile and good at flipping through dangerous areas, and he always attacks first! (fight with Shilat, Tumble cross class ranks, improved initiative, aggressive). He’s got an awesome technique and is always in control of the battle (power attack, improved bull rush, weapon focus and specialization, improved critical), cutting through multiple foes with one swing of his sword (cleave); he can take loads of punishment and be back on his feet much earlier than anyone else (fast healing). He’s also informed on who’s who in the mercs world and has some insight on the world of nobles and generals.

After the eclipse By now Gatsu has spent 2 or 3 years tracking them, moving in the darkness, sleeping (very little) by day and bleeding by night. Quite often he escapes certain death by sheer luck, his special weapons (cannon and automatic crossbow) or through the help of those he scolds (Puck for first). While he is absolutely fearsome and overpowering with his blade, he is also lucky as to have to test it on mooks (mostly). The 3 or 4 apostle fights we witness in the manga (he might have had more) leave him in poor state, but it is right here that he develops and hones his skills, willpower, determination and ability to tap into the resources granted him by fury (Hellreaver). When he sheds blood, it’s scary just be in the same place, let alone fight him. He’s also cunning, smart and bent on revenge. At the cost of long and extensive practice, he’s now quite amazing with his small knives. Needless to say, he has now the Dragonslayer.

After coming back to stay with Caska, he finds she disapeared and rushes to the Tower of Condemnation to save her. Gatsu, after setting out to find Caska, has a major fight at the Tower; immediately after that he meets (and fights) Zodd and Grifis. When he leaves for his quest to find the country of Elves an unspecified time passes, and we see him, probably through 1 or 2 seasons, fending off monsters night and day. By now his ability with the dragonslayer makes him a master in his own right, and possibly the toughest bastard on Earth. His commitment and fury in hunting down and exterminating the apostles and the newborn hawks is undiminished. If he strikes first, as it often happens, one of the apostles, the sheer fury of his power attack combined with rage, the sudden strike and favored power attack/improved favored enemy can deal an immense amount of damage. Should he score a critical, death would be almost sure.

Level 23 Adult Human
Size: Medium
Fighter 8/barbarian 1 /Ranger 2/Hellreaver 6/Avenging Executioner 5

Abilities (with the 5 level boosts and the mark of justice)
STR: 20 (24, 30 or 34)
CON: 19 (23, 29 or 33)
DEX: 18.
WIS: 13 (15 sacrificial mark)
INT: 13.
CHA: 12.

BAB: +21
Full attack: +19/+14/+9/+4 (4d6+10 17-20 x4, dragonslayer)
HP: 260
AC: 24 Touch: 12 Flat Footed: 23
Movement: 12mt (fast movement)
Saves: F. +19 R. +15 W. +15

Skills: Balance (Dex) + 9, Climb (Str) +9, Handle Animal (Cha) +5, Hide (Dex) +13, Intimidate (Cha) +21 Jump (Str) +21, Knowledge (Local) +2, Knowledge (Nobility) +2, Knowledge (Arcana (Apostles and Demons)) +9, Listen (Wis) +16, Move Silently (Dex) +13, Ride (Dex) +8, Sense Motive (Wis) +10, Spot (Wis) +14, Survival (Wis) +5, Swim (Str) +8, Tumble +12, Use Rope (Int) +3.

SQ: Fast movement, rage 1/day (9 rounds), frenzy (see below), favored enemy (Apostles), Combat Style (archery), Call to Judgement, Divine Succor (20), Divine Shield, Divine Resolve, Furious Strike +3/3d6, Holy Fury, Heroic Sacrifice, Mettle, Bloody Blade, Sudden strike +3d6, Rapid Intimidation, Dread Blade, Bloody Murder, 7+10 fury points. Traits:
Relentless. Reckless. Aggressive.

Feats: Improved Initiative (lvl 1), Power Attack (HBF), Monkey Grip (CW, FTR1). Improved Bull Rush (FTR2), Weapon Focus - Greatsword (lvl 3), Weapon Specialization – Greatsword (FTR 4), Cleave (FTR6), Faster Healing (CW, lvl 6), EWP: Dragonslayer (lvl 9), Track (RGR 1), Rapid Shot (RGR 2). Favored Power Attack (FTR 8), EWP: Repeating crossbow (12). Shock Trooper (15), Improved Critical – Greatsword (18), Defensive Sweep (21), Iron Will (the mark)

Equipment: huge greatsword (the Dragonslayer), +5 mastercraft adamantine (DR 3) dwarven armor (Berserk), mastercraft dagger, heavy repeating crossbow (the range is halved, and the magazines hold ten shots instead of five), handcannon (10’ range, 3d6 fire and 3d6 bludgeoning damage, 20/x2), 10 shots, medications, 6 throwing knives, travel rations (4 days). 10 Fire Bombs, Splash Weapons (10’ range, 3d4 fire damage/1d6 splash, 20/x2).

Dragonslayer: it is a -6 weapon (-4 for the two sizes difference and -2 for monkey grip). The weapon is adamantine for the purposes of sundering other weapons, armors and shield. It can touch and hit incorporeal creatures, thanks to Gatsu's furious strike ability. When in frenzied berserker state, Gatsu wields it as if he was a large creature (hence the malus drops from -6 to -4).

Berserker Armor Hellreavers and Avenging Executioners. A perfect combo of ferocity and commitment to destruction. The armor adds a +4 to the DC for the will save to resist the effect of Bloody Murder. Moreover, it allows the wearer to tap into unknown resources to keep him fighting. If the wearer has disabling injuries, the armor lets him fight normally even if he is fatigued and allows to ignore up to 5 points of ability damage. Running on broken limbs and flexing pulled muscles is very dangerous though. Every point of ability ignored inflicts 1 lethal damage per round. Removing the armor to provide medical care requires a successful DC 25 Heal check. Failure means that the HP lost ignoring the ability damage will be inflicted again on the character (the armor produces spikes that keep the bones together).
Basically, wearing the armor is like having a Frenzied Berserk fight for you. If the armor takes control (Will Save DC 10+Damage Taken from the beginning of the encounter to resist), it flies you into a greater, deathless, tireless frenzy, plus the benefits of Supreme Cleave and Supreme Power Attack. The frenzy can stack with the Rage. Treat your weapons as if you were one size larger. You have a +4 to all saves Vs mind affecting spells and you are treated as if you had freedom of movement. Triple the base range of all tossed objects. The armor grants 10 Fury Points for the Hellreaver abilities.
It does NOT inspire frenzy in others. The DC for the will save to exit the frenzy is 35, which means it is almost impossible to stop fighting until everybody around you is dead.
The armor is of course an item of outstanding quality, being made of a particularly tough alloy (similar to adamantine), perfectly balance and fitting the character’s anatomy perfectly. It is a full plate that provides a DR of 3, an ACP reduced by 1 and a MDB increased by 1. It also has a +5 enchantment and regenerates damage over time (in 24 hours even a semi-destroyed armor will be like a brand new one).

The mark of sacrifice see above