PDA

View Full Version : Some short sentient creature hunts Belkar out of totally justified revenge (again)

paladinofshojo
2008-04-15, 10:59 PM
After seeing how Belkar killed that gnome peddler out of cold blood, who's to say that some gnome duelest hunts down Belkar with the Inigo Montoya motif..............

[yet to be seen in comic] My name is Salt Lorkyurg, you killed my father prepare to die:smallfurious:

:belkar: huh, this is wierd, I feel like the world is trying to teach me some sort of ironic lesson through the use of Deh Jua Vou:smallconfused: ..............Naaaah:smallamused:

Tass
2008-04-16, 06:03 AM
"Deh Jua Vü" please.

At least pronounce it right. :)

Talyn
2008-04-16, 07:48 PM
... deja vu. You're killing me, people.

Anyways - though I confess that I would be highly amused by this, the Giant has already made this joke. I doubt he'll make it again, unless he ups the ante somehow...

Whoah, I just had a vision of the vengeful children of every significant sentient that Belkar has killed arriving en masse to hunt him down... and it was beautiful. Bonus points of Belkar can't defend himself.

I would love to see that little sociopath struck down by some sweet, sweet karmic comeuppance.

Penquin47
2008-04-16, 09:03 PM
Déjà vu. If you're going to be OCD about it, go all out.

stsasser
2008-04-16, 09:09 PM
Those short sentient creatures would be Belkar's own children in most worlds.

Bunlett
2008-04-17, 06:52 AM
I can't help but feel that it would be funnier if Belkar didn't die in an all-out-cliché Karmic death, because everyone would be so annoyed it would end up being halfway amusing, If completely illogical.

That and I really like his character and don't want him to die at all.

Talyn
2008-04-17, 06:55 AM
Déjà vu. If you're going to be OCD about it, go all out.

I don't know how to do the symbols, otherwise I would have. :smalleek:

Roderick_BR
2008-04-17, 11:01 AM
Just so Belkar gets another taco bowl?

Morty
2008-04-17, 11:06 AM
Just so Belkar gets another taco bowl?

Well, maybe Solt's child would be a powerful illusionist who will effortlessly trap Belkar inside his own filthy subconscious.

NENAD
2008-04-17, 03:29 PM
Belkar being mobbed to death in a town (and thus unable to defend himself) by thousands of vengeful goblins, hobgoblins, assorted other races, and the offspring of whatever that one chimera from DCF was named.

This is now at the very top of my OotS wish list. And how could anyone like the pathetically one-dimensional excuse for a "character" that is Belkar? I can see someone liking the Belkar gag (i.e. Belkar kills someone he shouldn't, people are horrified, hilarity ensues as Belkar provides a "logical" explanation for the kill), but the character? There is no character to Belkar. He's a complete stereotype.

Pronounceable
2008-04-17, 04:46 PM
For all we know, a gnome killed Belkar's father and he's out for revenge...

It'd certainly be amusing to see Belkar chasing some gnome shouting "Hello. My name is Belkar Bitterleaf. You killed my father! Prepare to DIE!" And somehow getting killed by the gnome, ramping up the irony.

And Belkar isn't one dimensional. He has at least two dimensions: Bloodlust and one liners. He's a miniature Xykon.

hamishspence
2008-04-17, 04:50 PM
Belkar was rather more fun when he was indulging in Craft Disturbing Mental Image. Haven't seen many exceptionally funny moments of him in a while. Maybe more scenes of him and the Scruffinator?

hamishspence
2008-04-17, 04:54 PM
another example of him and psychology nasty tricks is in Dragon Magazine, where he manages to convince Durkon that the entire part have been taken over by mind flayers. When told off by Roy after Durkon flees, he responds with:
"My sense of humour is only appreciated by our tentacled master"