PDA

View Full Version : Vaarsuvius joining the dark one

paladinofshojo
2008-04-15, 11:24 PM
Since the dark one is the only one with access to THAT kind of power who directly interferes more then other dieties with the Oootsverse, I doubt that if Vaarsuvius heard redcloak's side of the story(trying to change the natural order of his whole misbegotten race) I doubt he wouldn't sympathize with them. Seeing as he already isn't very fond of several key phylosophies of the D&D world.
Somewhere at the next gate:

:vaarsuvius: I have you now, evil fiend, surrender and you may keep your life!:smallmad:

:redcloak: Surrender?!! I have come so far to my people's salvation! Do you honestly believe I care about my own life?!:smallfurious: I would rather die then to give up after coming so far

:vaarsuvius: Why are you trying so hard?:smallconfused:

:redcloak: You have no idea what it's like to live in a universe where you are considered nothing but Experience points for some sadistic pack of bastard jerks!! :smallfurious: My family, my mentor, my village, my people! Aren't even considered sentient by the gods, and yet we feel pain each time we are struck down! THROUGH THAT GATE IS THE ONLY SALVATION MY PEOPLE HAVE!

:vaarsuvius: I....have not known........I am sorry:smallfrown:

:redcloak: well it isn't like either of us can do anything about it now:smallannoyed:

:vaarsuvius: I'll let you pass......:smallsmile:

:redcloak:really?:smallconfused:

:vaarsuvius: :smallwink:

:redcloak: thank you elf, I shall make sure the Dark One rewards you for your kindness in the new golden age to come!:smallsmile:

the_tick_rules
2008-04-15, 11:29 PM
now we're just being silly.

Paragon Badger
2008-04-15, 11:36 PM
now we're just being sillier.

Stupid 10 character limit...

Illiander
2008-04-15, 11:51 PM
:vaarsuvius: I'll let you pass

Thatīd be four words...

blackspeeker
2008-04-16, 12:22 AM
Thatīd be four words...

Sure if you're counting contractions, and omitting the rest of V's prophecy, like "for all the wrong reasons" and "to gain ultimate power."

This is just abstract silliness, as the badger said.

Remirach
2008-04-16, 12:30 AM
the quoted scenario reads as utterly implausible. As much as I love Redcloak that doesn't mean the heroes should actually just stand aside and let him WIN. Trying to WARP a Gate carries the risk of annihilating the souls of all living beings on the planet, so even if his goals are noble it's not worth it -- and that's not even wondering how trustworthy the Dark One would be with that kind of power.

But actually along somewhat similar lines the idea that Vaarsuvius might somehow replace Xykon as the Plan's designated Arcane caster is way out there, but kind of compelling. It would be V turning to the dark side in the pursuit of power, but she could have noble reasons for that -- the current storyline with V has her utterly consumed with guilt over her failing to save her friends because she wasn't POWERFUL enough, so what if the Gate could offer that ultimate Arcane power? On the other side of the equation, RC's built up the Plan around Xykon, but he's not fond of the guy. ("He's not even alive, he's a magically animated... thing.") It's tough to see them splitting up by this late a date, but should Xykon somehow be out of the way and an alternate ally appear...

Icewalker
2008-04-16, 12:44 AM
Sillier? This theory is hugely plausible compared to some of the stuff we get here...

That isn't to say that it is particularly plausible, of course. Seems like there are lots of sources V could get that power from other than the Dark One. That part is certainly plausible though.

Jayngfet
2008-04-16, 01:57 AM
old theory.

Morty
2008-04-16, 08:55 AM
Based on this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0436.html) strip and V's overall attitude, I think s/he'd be baffled at the concept of goblinoids being equal to elves.
But silly theories aside, "how would OoTS feel about Dark One's Plan?" is a good question. I belive that V would be against it and Belkar wouldn't give a damn, but I'm not sure about others.