PDA

View Full Version : I lost my wallet

The Cats
2008-04-16, 03:19 PM
My bank card, my liscense, my SIN, my student ID, my sub club card and 120 in cash.

It's days like this I wish this board didn't have a profanity filter.

In conclusion, :smallfurious: :smallfurious: :smallfurious: :smallfurious: :smallfurious:

Sensate
2008-04-16, 03:30 PM
For God's sake man, shouldn't you be out there, retracing your steps and trying to remember where you might have lost it?

If you already did that and made peace with destiny - bugger. Don't know what else to say.

FoE
2008-04-16, 03:35 PM
Just pray that James Woods doesn’t find it.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-04-16, 04:31 PM
<.<
>.>

...Oops.

Haruki-kun
2008-04-16, 05:00 PM
Oh, yeah. That happened to me once. It feels like the world is falling down on you. Sorry to hear that. :smallfrown:

The Cats
2008-04-16, 07:46 PM
Oh man, I am sooo pissed at my buddy right now. Turns out when I asked him if he searched his car for it and said no, he was lying. He had found it in his car and didn't tell me because he thought it would be funny to make me sweat for a few days. Man, I needed my buspass! Bit of a mean thing to do eh?

Nibleswick
2008-04-16, 08:20 PM
I think the appropriate expression for what you should do is: kick 'im inna' nads:smallbiggrin:

SilentNight
2008-04-16, 09:43 PM
I concur. I thought I had lost my wallet for about two months a while back and then found it in the back of my shelf.:smallannoyed: At least you didn't lose it permanently.

Jagg
2008-04-16, 09:55 PM
Oh man, I am sooo pissed at my buddy right now. Turns out when I asked him if he searched his car for it and said no, he was lying. He had found it in his car and didn't tell me because he thought it would be funny to make me sweat for a few days. Man, I needed my buspass! Bit of a mean thing to do eh?

Aww man you gave up a perfect opportunity to zing him back. I woulda done this....

:roy:"What? WHAT? YOU had it all along? I CANCELLED all my cards doofus because I thought it had been stolen!!!. I can't draw money from the bank to pay my rent, I had to spend what little cash I had on a new buspass and I don't have access to my money and need to buy food, pay bills." *Stick out hand, raise eyebrows and make head motions towards empty palm...

Nibleswick
2008-04-16, 10:00 PM
I think I like that one even better.:smallbiggrin:

Zakama
2008-04-16, 10:10 PM
Just pray that James Woods doesn’t find it.

Haha, YES! Family Guy FTW!

SurlySeraph
2008-04-16, 10:59 PM
Yesterday, someone took $40 out of my wallet. As I am a bit of a miser and insanely respectful of other people's property, this angered me. I didn't even notice until the middle of the day. I had to leave the math room for 45 minutes to go to assembly before finishing the test I was taking. That's probably when it happened, as one of the pockets of my backpack was open after I took the test and was closed before it; I didn't even check my wallet at that time, though. Unfortunately, I do not have access to the school records that would give me the names of everyone who might have been on that floor during that time period, so I'll just have to weave elaborate conspiracy theories.

Brickwall
2008-04-16, 11:10 PM
SINs won't exist for another couple decades :smallwink:

A while ago, I lost my wallet. It had everything in it. I would have been in the same situation as you, except my student ID was held seperately. It happened to also function as a debit card of sorts. I survived well.

One thing I advise though, is to report it to the police. Yes, this is their job. Collecting reports of possibly stolen wallets. Cancel your cards and get new ones. Get your driver's license replaced (it's remarkably easy, and you get a second chance at the picture). Getting a new Student ID might be a good idea, but I'm not sure how important your Student ID is at your school, or what the process is.

For suck about the cash, though. $120 is no little thing. Hope it gets found.

Icewalker
2008-04-17, 12:42 AM
@^: already resolved.

Could have been worse. My brother left his backpack on the bus once and never saw it again, I forget if it was junior or senior year, but he lost more or less all of his schoolwork, school books,
$100+ graphing calculator...

Sensate
2008-04-17, 12:51 AM
Ah, it's good to see this was only an inappropriate joke. However, the fact that you didn't crumble every bone in your friend's body is very concerning. Seriously, that pun just takes the cake - I would not be as forgiving if I were you.

skywalker
2008-04-17, 12:59 AM
So, funny story related to losing backpacks, I go to the University of Tennessee Knoxville, a university with over 25,000 total students. I came here after attending a private high school that had an honor code. Needless to say, I am occasionally unwittingly cavalier with my possessions. Once upon a time, I left my backpack(full of textbooks and TI calculator) in the middle of the library, and drove about 10 miles across the city to see a friend, realizing when I got to her house that I had left the backpack in the library. When I returned to make sure it had already been stolen(there have been several thefts in that library this season) I found it, miraculously, exactly where I left it, with all contents intact. I was happy :smallsmile:

Don Julio Anejo
2008-04-17, 04:52 AM
Happened to a friend of mine... He got it back a week later, in an envelope UPS'd from another city.

rubakhin
2008-04-17, 05:05 AM
I feel for you. I've never lost anything like that (I keep everything in my pockets and don't have this problem, inshallah) except as a writer I once lost one of my notebooks. :smallfrown:

At a monastery.

And this was around the time I was writing all of this gay erotica.

Oy. I hope nobody there read it. What I'm still upset about is losing some of the poetry, and an entire short story that would later become a novel. Ah, well ...

Player_Zero
2008-04-17, 06:53 AM
I once lost my wallet at the beach... In hindsight I am reasonably sure that I buried it in the hole I dug there...

If anyone lives in Cornwall there is buried treasure on one of the beaches of which I forgot the name.

SoD
2008-04-17, 01:14 PM
I'm too paranoid about my wallet. I don't care about the money (it's only plasticy papery metally stuff), it means nothing to me. But my photos, my cards, my receipts...my wallet has almost every receipt I've received in the past year or so. Every. Single. Receipt. I have trouble closing my wallet, hell, I have trouble fitting it in my pocket!

CrazedGoblin
2008-04-17, 05:56 PM
i allways put valubles in a zipped pocket, which is rarely unzipped hehe

I'm da Rogue!
2008-04-17, 06:05 PM
Yesterday, someone took $40 out of my wallet.

A while ago, I lost my wallet.

My brother left his backpack on the bus once and never saw it again

I once lost my wallet at the beach...

:smallannoyed: Gee, people, what am I supposed to do?
Starve to death?

Sensate
2008-04-18, 05:26 AM
:smallannoyed: Gee, people, what am I supposed to do?
Starve to death?

Nice. You get a cookie for putting a smile on my face. :smallsmile: