PDA

View Full Version : Did the resistance steal from RC?

paladinofshojo
2008-04-16, 08:54 PM
Just wondering, since Redcloak is probably one of the only clerics in AC with enough influence to HAVE his own private bathroom, I'm just wondering if the "pine cone of +5 Freshness" had been from his private stash.

Callista
2008-04-16, 09:04 PM
It would not necessarily be just RC. The city is quite a bit emptier now than it used to be--depending on original population--so some soldiers might have taken over unoccupied houses. Having a small house to oneself could be a routine privilege given to a mid-level officer.

NENAD
2008-04-16, 10:38 PM
This may be the most inconsequential thread subject I've ever seen, barring spam.

FujinAkari
2008-04-16, 10:48 PM
Yes they did. They specifically said they stole it from a Goblin Cleric, and as far as we can tell Redcloak is the ONLY goblin in the entire city.

NENAD
2008-04-16, 10:51 PM
While I am loathe to join in such a pointless debate, "goblin" may have been referring to "goblinoid." Besides which, it's been three months. Just because we haven't seen them doesn't mean that more goblinoids (like a goblin cleric) haven't moved in.

FujinAkari
2008-04-16, 10:58 PM
While I am loathe to join in such a pointless debate, "goblin" may have been referring to "goblinoid." Besides which, it's been three months. Just because we haven't seen them doesn't mean that more goblinoids (like a goblin cleric) haven't moved in.

Yes, and it is also possible that the 12 gods have dinner with Xykon every night. If we spend our time saying what can't be PROVEN TO BE FALSE, we'll never get anywhere.

1) They have always used Hobgoblin and Goblin separately, to my memory.
2) For a Goblin Cleric capable of having such trival -legendary items- to exist without being ever mentioned is very unlikely
3) There has been absolutely no evidence in any of the 400 comics since RC and Xykon left the Dungeon of Durokan that -any- other goblins are still about.

NikkTheTrick
2008-04-16, 11:04 PM
But if it was Redcloak, wouldn't they refer to him by name? After all, he must be a well-known figure since he pretty much runs the place.

FujinAkari
2008-04-16, 11:09 PM
But if it was Redcloak, wouldn't they refer to him by name? After all, he must be a well-known figure since he pretty much runs the place.

Morale. You don't tell fledgling fighters that they are going to break into Arcatraz if you can instead say an Island Prison.

Rinquist
2008-04-16, 11:13 PM
Morale. You don't tell fledgling fighters that they are going to break into Arcatraz if you can instead say an Island Prison.

Alcatraz. :smallwink:

Arcatraz is the place where they imprisoned Milhouse Manaburn!

FujinAkari
2008-04-16, 11:23 PM
Alcatraz. :smallwink:

Arcatraz is the place where they imprisoned Milhouse Manaburn!

Technically they are BOTH island prisons, and neither is in OOTS... so both were equally exceptional to use as analogies... X_x

Hehe, but yes, I meant Alcatraz :P

Chronos
2008-04-17, 12:10 AM
But if it was Redcloak, wouldn't they refer to him by name? After all, he must be a well-known figure since he pretty much runs the place.And what would that be? Given that even we, the semi-omniscient observers of the strip, don't even know Redcloak's name, what makes you say the rebels would?

David Argall
2008-04-17, 12:53 AM

Calling Redcloak "the goblin cleric" is a routine form of identification, the same sort we might use daily. No sign here of any alternative to Redcloak.