PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect RPG Project

drawingfreak
2008-04-17, 01:32 AM
Seeing as the last Mass Effect video game to tabletop project went SO well [/sarcasm], I think it is time to set up a whole system around it instead of settling with D20. I think it will be a better way to go about it due to the intensity and depth of the VG.

FIRST MANNER OF BUSINESS: The Randomizer. I think a lot of this game will be strait statistic versus statistic but it needs a randomizer, be it dice or cards or a spinner or whatever you can think of.

Your thoughts. GO! (this post will be updated with all final decisions. Verdict will be decided after say 5 posts or so?)

I vote dice. Reason: Not just for the classical RPG feel, but I don't think anything else can offer the sheer probability needed in this game.
Now, I'm thinking we can use just 2d6 or maybe even the d12. D6 are easy to come by but the d12 needs love too.
OR percentile. If you look HERE (http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Pistols#Talent_Ranks), you can see percentages as the form of ranking. In fact, I move for a d100 based system.

EDIT: New Idea...base it off the Storyteller system from White Wolf. Mass Effect has somthing similar to a dot system set up for leveling up already. maybe we can use that to our advantage.