PDA

View Full Version : A small rule change

Corncracker
2008-04-17, 04:26 PM
Okay, I'm sure some of you are familiar with Alchemical Silver added into weapons.

Now, my issue here is with Spears, which are 2-handed weapons.

There is nothing saying a spear can't be made with Alchemical silver, which is good as I think they should be.

But paying full price to imbue that small of an amount of metal? That doesn't sound right.

The tip of the spears don't even have as much metal as a one handed weapon, such as a short sword.

I prupose charging 20G for spears, the cost of a light weapon, as apposed to 180G, the standard price for a 2-handed weapon.

Not only does this make more sense logically speaking, but it seems like it gives at least a little more incentive to use a different kind of weapon. (Not that the incentive is much, but it's still something. :p)

Imrix.
2008-04-17, 06:24 PM
I think if you do that, you pretty much have to start adjudicating price for every weapon based on the amount of material.

That's not to say you can't, but it is more than just spears.

Corncracker
2008-04-17, 06:57 PM
Well, for the most part I think it's fine as it's set up.

There aren't to many weapons that you would need to change it around on.

Though Scythes could possibly be one. I'd say drop it down to the price of a one handed Weapon.

Are they any other weapons you can think of that would make sense to alter the price for Alchemic Silver and such on?