PDA

View Full Version : Order of the Dragon Warrior III

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-04-17, 06:57 PM
I got hold of a GameBoy emulator, and loaded up one of my old favorites, Dragon Warrior III. One of the nice things about this game (especially considering when the game was first released on the Nintendo!) was that you could build a party from eight chatacter types. So I built the following party:

Roy: Hero
Belk: Fighter
Haly: Thief
Vsvs: Mage
Durk: Cleric
Elan: Jester

So my question is: Am I the only one geeky enough to build a party based on my favorite web comic? :smallredface: :smallbiggrin:

Chronos
2008-04-17, 07:02 PM
So my question is: Am I the only one geeky enough to build a party based on my favorite web comic?You may be the only one in DW III, but I've built OotS parties in Final Fantasy I and Dark Sun: Shattered Lands. Although I would say that in my case, it's more due to laziness than geekiness.

Lira
2008-04-17, 07:02 PM
Nope, you're not. :smallredface:

I made a party on a computer game called Exile III* based on OOTS.

*Yeah, I know it's a cheesy game, but it's fun.

Gamerlord
2008-04-17, 07:50 PM
You may be the only one in DW III, but I've built OotS parties in Final Fantasy I and Dark Sun: Shattered Lands. Although I would say that in my case, it's more due to laziness than geekiness.
huh? i thought final fantasy chould only have 4 charerters,and how chould you play final fantasy on a PC?

Chronos
2008-04-17, 10:26 PM
First, what makes you think I played it on a PC? Second, there do exist Nintendo emulators. Third, I obviously wasn't able to include the whole party (in either of those games, actually), but the characters I had, I named after OotS characters.

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-04-17, 10:27 PM
huh? i thought final fantasy chould only have 4 charerters,and how chould you play final fantasy on a PC?

Final Fantasy IS limited to four characters, so the first thing you would have to do is figure out who you will dump from the six OOTS characters.

Dragon Warrior III also limits you to four characters in your party at a time, but you can have more back at the tavern. Right now, Elan and Durkon are cooling their heels, while the rest are out there fighting monsters and doing that whole "adventure" thing.

As for the "How can you play Final Fantasy on a computer?" Hmmm... Don't know. Too bad there isn't some way to look up the information with one of them fancy-schmancy computin' machines. Maybe there's a "series of tubes" that you could use to look up answers. :smallwink:

factotum
2008-04-18, 12:19 AM
I made a bald dwarven cleric in Neverwinter Nights 2, if that counts... :smallbiggrin:

tenguro
2008-04-18, 01:20 AM
I made them in FF1 before as well, IIRC, I had. resembling, Roy, Belkar, Varsuvious, and Durkon.

Ghastly Epigram
2008-04-18, 02:26 AM
While this probably is not what you had in mind, I have fashioned teams after the Order, the Linear Guild, Azure City and Team Evil in Worms Armageddon. Admittedly they all look like identical worms, but they have the names and that is what matters. :smalltongue:

Gamerlord
2008-04-18, 07:20 AM
While this probably is not what you had in mind, I have fashioned teams after the Order, the Linear Guild, Azure City and Team Evil in Worms Armageddon. Admittedly they all look like identical worms, but they have the names and that is what matters. :smalltongue:
i'd do the same thing if gametap did't remove it from their colleection :(

Gamerlord
2008-04-18, 07:23 AM
First, what makes you think I played it on a PC? Second, there do exist Nintendo emulators. Third, I obviously wasn't able to include the whole party (in either of those games, actually), but the characters I had, I named after OotS characters.
well,all the emulators i've downloaded don't work,if anyone has one that does work please send me a link,also whenever i find a proper working emulator,i can't find a ROM from final fantasy(that even works)

NerfTW
2008-04-18, 08:15 AM
Really? Nesticle or something like that is a good NES emulator.

But I haven't bothered with that in almost 10 years, so I don't know.

That, and I still have my original system and games. :smallbiggrin:

Also, the Final Fantasy games at least have been re-released repeatedly over the years. If you have a gameboy, you can pick up Dawn of Souls, which makes the first game a little less low tech.

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-04-18, 10:34 AM

Also, the Final Fantasy games at least have been re-released repeatedly over the years. If you have a gameboy, you can pick up Dawn of Souls, which makes the first game a little less low tech.

I also have a Nintendo and several original games, but the batteries are dead on several of the cartridges. I can't save games and walk away, but I can play the games on my home computer. Or any computer I have access to, that has a USB port. :smallbiggrin:

I was finally able to reach the end in Dragon Warrior IV, as well as several other games I wasn't ever able to finish.

Shadowcaller
2008-04-18, 10:48 AM
I could create order of the stick in world of warcraft, we could call it:

order of the stick: all the predictions of fourth edition where true!

Gamerlord
2008-04-18, 10:57 AM

i don't own any consoles

†Seer†
2008-04-18, 11:28 AM
i don't own any consoles

I imagine you can find an emu for any system barring the newer ones.

Gamerlord
2008-04-18, 11:32 AM
I imagine you can find an emu for any system barring the newer ones.
i can't figure out how they work,much less find any ROMS

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-04-25, 03:13 PM
Well, I've been playing Order of the Dragon Warrior, and doing well enough. But I'm wondeing if I should change out Elan. I chose him as the Jester, since it was closest to Bard, but I have to admit something now:

I hate his sprite! It's a clown, as in red nose, white facepaint, baggy clothes! It looks more like Banjo the Clown than Elan! If Elan were a female, I could at least use the female jester sprite: a Bunnygirl!

So I'm gonna toss this out to the group on what sprite I should use:

Bunnygirl! (Gender bender belt, anyone?)
Male Thief
Male Warrior (Bigger weapons, heavier armor, reddish)
Male Fighter (Smaller weapons, lighter armor, greenish (already in use as Belk))

I don't think Male Cleric, Male Dealer or Male Mage really fit the image of Elan as I saw him.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, but knowing this board I think I already know the answer. :smallbiggrin: