PDA

View Full Version : Unarmed strike as a bonus for the strength domain?

metalbear
2008-04-18, 01:12 PM
I really enjoy playing clerics of Kord, but it never made sense to me that clerics of the god of brawlers and drunken slug fests don't have unarmed strike as a domain benefit. Is it too much to ask for my dm to houserule that I could get unarmed strike as part of the strength domain? It seems to me this would help balance the strength domain with other more powerful domains such as the war domain or elemental domains.

sikyon
2008-04-18, 01:18 PM
I really enjoy playing clerics of Kord, but it never made sense to me that clerics of the god of brawlers and drunken slug fests don't have unarmed strike as a domain benefit. Is it too much to ask for my dm to houserule that I could get unarmed strike as part of the strength domain? It seems to me this would help balance the strength domain with other more powerful domains such as the war domain or elemental domains.

Go for it. Unarmed strike isn't exactly the best feat ever.

Person_Man
2008-04-18, 01:35 PM
Spiked gauntlets or armor spikes also solve the problem.

Chronos
2008-04-18, 02:43 PM
It seems to me this would help balance the strength domain with other more powerful domains such as the war domain or elemental domains.Huh, it seems to me that Strength is more powerful than War, and about on a par with the elemental domains. Getting your level as a bonus to strength for a full round each day is a lot more useful than Weapon Focus.

de-trick
2008-04-18, 10:27 PM
i could see war being good if the god had the spiked chain as his favored weapon

but i think metelbear has a cleric of kord and a cleric with the the strength domain mixed up. As a cleric of kord having unarmed strike would make sense. But strength has nothing to do with fighting. Also other clerics of other gods with the strength domain could not have unarmed fighting taught to clerics or idolized

if you want ask your DM to homebrew a new domain the "brawler domain"