PDA

View Full Version : Bowling

curtis
2008-04-18, 01:26 PM
The essential, fascinating and... useless bowling skill. Extraordinarily ordinary.

Bowling (Dex)

Make a skill check to see what pins you knock down.

STARTER
o o o o
o o o
o o
o
DC
0: Gutter Ball
5: Corner Trim
10: Large Corner Trim
15: Backstrike
20: Sidebash
25: Middle-Shot
30: STRIKE

CORNER TRIM
x o o o
o o o
o o
o
0: Gutter Ball (1 pt.)
8: Corner Finish (3 pts.)
10: Large Corner Trim (4 pts.)
15: Backstrike (5 pts.)
20: Sidebash (6 pts.)
25: Middle-Shot (9 pts.)
30: SPARE

LARGE CORNER TRIM
x x o o
x o o
o o
o
0: Gutter Ball (3 pt.)
5: Right Corner Trim (4 pts.)
10: Large Corner Trim (6 pts.)
20: Sidebash (8 pts.)
25: Middle-Shot (9 pts.)
30: SPARE

BACKSTRIKE
x x x x
x o o
o o
o
0: Gutter Ball (5 pt.)
10: Large Corner Trim (6 pts.)
20: Sidebash (8 pts.)
25: SPARE

[
B]SIDEBASH[/B]
x x x o
x x o
x o
o
0: Gutter Ball (6 pt.)
5: Corner Trim (7 pts.)
20: Sidebash (9 pts.)
25: SPARE

MIDDLESHOT
o x x o
x x x
x x
x
0: Gutter Ball (8 pt.)
5: Corner Trim (9 pts.)
35: SPARE

Trying For A Shot
You may try for any particular shot, if you wish. If you try for a shot, you may add 1 to your roll for each shot below the top shot (eg. on the starter, +1 for a Middle-Shot, +2 for a Sidebash etc.), but if you roll enough for a shot above the one you were trying for, you must take the one you were trying for instead.

DracoDei
2008-04-20, 08:52 AM
I heard of explosive bowling balls on someones Shadow Run page a long time ago. Therefore I now propose that someone come up with prices for glass bowling balls that shatter on impact and can be filled with alchemical substances. Then they should build a Gnomish PrC around the use of bowling balls (ranged trip attacks with non-alchemical ones (because flaming, shocking bowling balls of colliding would be the obvious way to go), fairly low base damage to start with, might go up later).

Debihuman
2008-04-20, 09:52 AM
Hmm. Didn't the Catskill Dwarves invent this? Only in order to play you had to first drink with them. Sometimes, slleeping off the effects of their potent brew took an excessively long time but apparently the game was a lot of fun. Of course, Dwarven Constitution meant they could probably outdrink any of the standard races and would win the game.

Dwarven Ale gives a -1 penalty to Dex and Wis to any Non-Dwarf who drinks it. The effects are cumulative. You feel fine so you don't even notice the effects until they have worn off after a good sleep. If you overindulge and reduce your Dex or Wis (or both) to 3 or less, you run the risk of being in trapped the faerie realm where time runs differently. When you wake up after what seems like only a single night has passed, in fact, 100 years may have gone by.

Debby

curtis
2008-04-20, 10:13 AM
I heard of explosive bowling balls on someones Shadow Run page a long time ago. Therefore I now propose that someone come up with prices for glass bowling balls that shatter on impact and can be filled with alchemical substances. Then they should build a Gnomish PrC around the use of bowling balls (ranged trip attacks with non-alchemical ones (because flaming, shocking bowling balls of colliding would be the obvious way to go), fairly low base damage to start with, might go up later).

Good luck to you!

DracoDei
2008-04-20, 10:28 AM
I said SOMEONE... and by that I meant probably NOT me...

AugustNights
2008-04-21, 01:00 PM
Hmm wouldn't be to hard to throw together...

Bowling ball shouldn't do much more damage than a Bullet sized for a Large sized character, 1d6 weapon. Though that is if you throw it opposed to roll it... rolling it should do less damage.

As for the class, that wouldn't be too hard either, reminds me of a Kobold I once played named Mr. Dithers. He was a master of throwing objects, somehow got trip shot. And he loved to throw dither-bombs. A gnomish counter part sounds appropriate...

I don't understand why some-one should be penalized for rolling higher on a skill check, I mean 'Bowling-wise' it gets a higher score, but character-wise it doesn't make sense. Or am I misinterpreting?