PDA

View Full Version : Permission for game

Grug
2008-04-18, 03:12 PM
I brought up the idea for a small OotS game I could program on the OotS board, and eveyone said I should ask the Giant for permission to use his characters and art style.

May I?

I will credit the characters and inspiration to Rich, and the game will not be for profit or distributed outside of the site.

Zherog
2008-04-18, 03:38 PM
Your best bet, probably, is to contact WampaX about it; he can then pass the request along to Rich.

ufo
2008-04-18, 03:45 PM
Abardam made a good game at a time. Can't remember if it died out because he wasn't interested in it anymore, or if the Giant shut him down.

AmberVael
2008-04-18, 03:54 PM
Abardam made a good game at a time. Can't remember if it died out because he wasn't interested in it anymore, or if the Giant shut him down.

If I'm recalling the same game, the only thing Abardam used was the Giant's art style, which the Giant really can't legally claim- or even if he can (which I doubt), he allows other people to use anyways (hence all of the artists on the board using that style.) The opening post mentions the use of the OotS characters which is a completely different matter.
If you use OotS-ish style? It's fine.
If you use actual parts and representations of OotS? Then you need to check the Giant.

Zakama
2008-04-18, 03:55 PM

He was fine, it just died out on its own. If you use the names of anything or identify anything in the setting though, you'd need to contact Rich.

EDIT: ^Bah, simu'd.

Abardam
2008-04-19, 01:14 AM
If I'm recalling the same game, the only thing Abardam used was the Giant's art style, which the Giant really can't legally claim- or even if he can (which I doubt), he allows other people to use anyways (hence all of the artists on the board using that style.) The opening post mentions the use of the OotS characters which is a completely different matter.
If you use OotS-ish style? It's fine.
If you use actual parts and representations of OotS? Then you need to check the Giant.Actually I did use OotS characters (but OP should probably still ask Rich, Eldred did this OotS animation thing which for some reason was not allowed, so I don't know).