PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Rage

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-04-18, 05:44 PM
Does a Goliath becoming Large, instead of having Powerful Build, give it the standard Large size modifiers (+8 Str, -2 Dex, +4 Con, +2 Nat armor, -1 AC/attack) in addition to the +2 to Str above normal Rage?

UglyPanda
2008-04-18, 06:04 PM
No, you simply get what the class feature says you get. No more, no less.

For answers to quick questions, you should use the Simple Q&A thread.

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-04-18, 06:15 PM
That's the problem, my book is still being sent here from home. I cannot read the exact wording of the thing. All I know is that Mountain Rage ups your size from medium (powerful build) to Large, and grants +2 Str over normal Rage. It just strikes me as being really scary to get so much out of one ability, and I'm making sure that that IS how it works.

UglyPanda
2008-04-18, 06:19 PM
The bonuses over-ride those of being large. You get 10-ft-reach, 2 more STR, and you get the size penalties to Attack Bonus and AC.

Jasdoif
2008-04-18, 06:21 PM
Does a Goliath becoming Large, instead of having Powerful Build, give it the standard Large size modifiers (+8 Str, -2 Dex, +4 Con, +2 Nat armor, -1 AC/attack) in addition to the +2 to Str above normal Rage?Of those, only the -1 AC/attack is a standard size modifier. The rest are for when monsters increase in size category by advancing hit dice; they don't apply in other situations that increase a creature's size (though as mentioned, such an ability can have its own modifiers to such things; but these will be mentioned by the ability's description).

Smiley_
2008-04-18, 06:28 PM
I think of it being like enlarge person. If it did give those bonusses described in the monster-manual for advancing size, it would be overpowered for it's level.

Kizara
2008-04-18, 06:51 PM
I think of it being like enlarge person. If it did give those bonusses described in the monster-manual for advancing size, it would be overpowered for it's level.

Or Righteous Might, which basically does along with some other things, and is overpowered regardless of being higher level.

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-04-18, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the short and skinny folks. :smallsmile: