PDA

View Full Version : Just an idea...

asphen fox
2008-04-19, 02:36 AM
Have you guys ever thought about how crazy a Warblade 8/BCM 2/Eternal Blade 10 character is if they have time stand still and raging mongoose?

JaxGaret
2008-04-19, 02:43 AM
A 20th level character doing powerful things? Unheard of.

The Cats
2008-04-19, 02:48 AM

No it's not... OH WIAT! I C WUT U DID THAR!

asphen fox
2008-04-19, 02:55 AM
Nah... I guess what I meant was... A raging mongoose boost gives you twice the amount of attack you usually have.... Time stands still strike gives you two full rounds.... Islands in Time (eternal blade ability) gives you a new turn anytime you want once per encounter.... So first round... Time stands still... (first round of TSS) Raging mongoose.... (2nd round of TSS) Recover all meneuvers (warblade). Islands in Time... TSS... Raging mongoose for the rest of TSS... Isn't that AWESOME?

Solo
2008-04-19, 03:00 AM
Nah... I guess what I meant was... A raging mongoose boost gives you twice the amount of attack you usually have.... Time stands still strike gives you two full rounds.... Islands in Time (eternal blade ability) gives you a new turn anytime you want once per encounter.... So first round... Time stands still... (first round of TSS) Raging mongoose.... (2nd round of TSS) Recover all meneuvers (warblade). Islands in Time... TSS... Raging mongoose for the rest of TSS... Isn't that AWESOME?

Foresight, Celerity, Time Stop, Shapechange, Gate.

The_Snark
2008-04-19, 03:05 AM

Doesn't work. If you use a boost or a strike, you can't recover the maneuvers on the same round, and whether or not you used Time Stands Still, it's still the same round. Not to mention that if you used Island in Time (an immediate action), you would not have the swift action left to use Raging Mongoose again.

You can get three full attacks (two from Time Stands Still, one from Island in Time), plus Raging Mongoose's extra four (once), out of it, which is still good—but 20th level? Everyone should be doing awesome things by then.

AslanCross
2008-04-19, 04:41 AM
It's awesome, sure, but what Solo said. Also, that many attacks isn't that awesome if:
1. The monster's AC is too high in the first place.
2. The first full attack killed everyone.
3. Your foe is incorporeal! (Though yeah, it does give you a better chance of hitting.)

The attacks that come at the tail end of the full attack are sadly overrated--the final sequence of attacks has a lot bigger chance of missing.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-04-19, 04:47 AM
Bloodclaw Master has 3/4 BAB. This means you can't get Island in Time before epic levels.

asphen fox
2008-04-19, 04:38 PM
Bloodclaw Master has 3/4 BAB. This means you can't get Island in Time before epic levels.

:smallbiggrin: True... Come to think of it... That would suck. :)) SO this would only work in gestalt, right?

FlyMolo
2008-04-19, 04:41 PM
You can get three full attacks (two from Time Stands Still, one from Island in Time), plus Raging Mongoose's extra four (once), out of it, which is still good—but 20th level? Everyone should be doing awesome things by then.

Except for monks and samurai.

And truenamers. Especially trunamers.

asphen fox
2008-04-19, 04:59 PM

What could be more awesome than that? (Disregarding all the broken stuff, that is...)

The_Snark
2008-04-19, 08:42 PM
And truenamers. Especially trunamers.

Level 20 truenamers do have the ability to know when anybody says their name and teleport there if they choose. Which is pretty awesome, and I'd definitely have made a character who could do that if it didn't mean wading through 20 levels of truenamer first.

EvilElitest
2008-04-19, 08:43 PM
My mind can't understand such heresy
from
EE