PDA

View Full Version : Outrageous demand

dogmac
2008-04-19, 02:48 AM
Right that is it!

Giant, you really do make a rod for your own back, as you have with this latest comic (550).

It's very simple. When you no longer give us O-Chul as a major protagonist in OOTS, and there is to be NO KILLING HIM, you are just going to have to start a Mr Stiffly spin off comic. There is absolutely no choice in the matter, for you have made him an official addiction.

And if you should happen to know any REAL people like him, who may be interested in a fattish, middle-agedish, single mother, send them to Sydney :smalltongue:

Holammer
2008-04-19, 02:41 PM
Telling him not to kill O'chul is totally a jinx you know.
... and with Xykon's Mano-a-mano thing coming up soon, there's no telling what will happen.

Dun Dun DUUUUN

Gamerlord
2008-04-19, 04:24 PM

no no no thats the guy who makes 8-bit threta you're thinking about...i think

Swordlol
2008-04-19, 04:37 PM
... and with Xykon's Mano-a-mano thing coming up soon, there's no telling what will happen.

Dun Dun DUUUUN

Rich seems to do the opposite of what we predict, or atleast make the outcome of something we predict totally loony and crazy just to throw us off and he gets a good laugh at it.

Our perdicament is that since we predicted him staying alive and dying, what other option is there?

Zencao
2008-04-19, 05:31 PM
Rich seems to do the opposite of what we predict, or atleast make the outcome of something we predict totally loony and crazy just to throw us off and he gets a good laugh at it.

Our perdicament is that since we predicted him staying alive and dying, what other option is there?

O-Chul the undead?

Mauve Shirt
2008-04-19, 05:56 PM
O-Chul the undead?

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! :smalleek:

As much as I love O-Chul, however, the idea of a spin-off comic makes me cringe.

Chronos
2008-04-19, 08:40 PM
... and with Xykon's Mano-a-mano thing coming up soon, there's no telling what will happen. Eh, it's two wights and a zombie ogre. O-Chul could beat those without even breaking a sweat.

In other news, the biggest, baddest undead warrior Tsukiko can create isn't all that impressive.

mikeejimbo
2008-04-19, 10:09 PM

Schroedinger's O-Chul.

Jayngfet
2008-04-19, 10:26 PM
no no no thats the guy who makes 8-bit threta you're thinking about...i think

what is 8-bit threta:smallbiggrin: ?

Swordlol
2008-04-19, 11:39 PM
O-Chul the undead?

Touche my friend, touche.

Morgan Wick
2008-04-20, 09:16 PM
what is 8-bit threta:smallbiggrin: ?

I believe he meant 8-Bit Theater (http://www.nuklearpower.com).

Ghastly Epigram
2008-04-20, 09:26 PM

I believe your sarcasm detector is off. :smalltongue: Unless you knew it was sarcasm and countered it cunningly with the truth...

As an interesting side note, it turns into 8-Bit Theatre when you click on latest comic. I can never remember which is English and which is American though.

Oh, O-Chul? He is alright I guess.

Arkenputtyknife
2008-04-20, 09:26 PM
No, I'm pretty sure it was a typo for 8-bit Therkla.

dish
2008-04-21, 12:51 AM
I'm afraid that O'Chul's fangirls will not accept either an undead or uncertainty O'Chul.

He'll have to survive and live happily ever after.

Serpentine
2008-04-21, 12:55 AM
...eventually :smallwink:

BisectedBrioche
2008-04-21, 04:42 AM
I believe your sarcasm detector is off. :smalltongue: Unless you knew it was sarcasm and countered it cunningly with the truth...

As an interesting side note, it turns into 8-Bit Theatre when you click on latest comic. I can never remember which is English and which is American though.

Oh, O-Chul? He is alright I guess.

I think both are equally valid in either dialect, which is correct in any given situation merely a gramatical issue.

Manga Shoggoth
2008-04-21, 05:56 AM
No, I'm pretty sure it was a typo for 8-bit Therkla.

At least she's not a 2-bit Therkla.

Niknokitueu
2008-04-21, 06:44 AM
At least she's not a 2-bit Therkla.
2 bits are a dime a dozen.
8 bits? That's a byte...

Have Fun!
Niknokitueu

BisectedBrioche
2008-04-21, 07:49 AM
2 bits are a dime a dozen.
8 bits? That's a byte...

Have Fun!
Niknokitueu

8 bits is twice as much as Therkla would need if she were a spellcaster. 4 bits is good for a quick nyble and converts quite nicely into a hex digit.

Stormpax
2008-04-21, 11:52 PM
I hope the Giant makes a spinoff comic about O-Chul.
That would awesome:smallbiggrin:

monty
2008-04-22, 12:28 AM
If I remember my terminology right, 4 bits is a word. If that word happens to be a power word, and that power word happens to be Kill, then we may be in some trouble.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it's probably 4 bytes. Oh well, I'm sure someone will correct me before long.

Beholder1995
2008-04-22, 06:08 PM
That's it. I have HAD it with this! WHO IS THERKLA?! I've seen her name like, a billion times.... all I know is that she's in SoD. (Which I, sadly, do not own) And for some reason.... she's related to just about every major and obscure character in the entire comic. But anyway, who is she?

Aereshaa_the_2nd
2008-04-22, 06:19 PM
Therkla is the hot necromancer babe.

Beholder1995
2008-04-22, 06:25 PM
No, that's Tsukiko. Unless you mean someone else.

Remirach
2008-04-22, 09:42 PM
Therkla is a half-orc ninja assassin (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0509.html) who is currently crushing on Elan.

She isn't in SoD. People keep speculating she's a character that appears in SoD, but that theory has been thoroughly debunked by now.