PDA

View Full Version : Some Advice, Please?

Neon Knight
2008-04-19, 12:10 PM
I've recently come into some money and was debating between picking up Condemned and its sequel for my 360 or getting a used copy of RE:4 and maybe Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii.

My questions are: I probably won't be able to get any Gamecube or Wii Classic controllers, so how does Brawl perform with the Wiimote? And how good are the RE:4 controls for the Wii?

Secondly, I've tried the demos for Condemned and its sequel. Personally, I find the melee combat to be a bit klunky, but I said the same thing about Ninja Gaiden before I figured it out. Does the story get any better and any more insightful? Or is it just a rehash of current horror trends? I played F.E.A.R. and didn't like it at all, and I've heard that Condemned is sort of similar to F.E.A.R. Any truth to that?

I also wasn't impressed by the gore or "brutal," "sickening," and "disturbing" violence and kills so hyped up in reviews and trailers. That is, of course, because I have played Dead Rising, which by my guestimation blows Condemned out of the water in that category. I'm also not big on games intended purely for shock value; I can enjoy shock value, but if that is the entire premise and the only thing the game offers, I'll pass and go play CoD4.