PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice...

asphen fox
2008-04-19, 04:53 PM
I'm making this character for this gestalt campaign... TWFighter and I dunno how to pull of a good build with islands in time in the end. It would probably work if I go Warblade 8/ BCM 2/Eternal Blade 10/Swashbuckler 3/ Fighter 17 but Wouldn't sneak be better than Feats?

If I picked feats... What feats should I choose?

RTGoodman
2008-04-19, 05:11 PM
I don't know much about feats for TWF, but if you do want sneak attack instead you could just go Swashbuckler 3/Rogue 17 with the Daring Outlaw feat (I think, where the two classes stack for a couple of things) or if you want to keep a full BAB (not sure if those PrCs have full BAB) there's the Fighter variant here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#fighter)that trades out bonus feats for Sneak Attack.

asphen fox
2008-04-19, 05:16 PM
But the whole point of going rogue is the skill points, right? Is there a rogue variant out there that has full BAB?

Pironious
2008-04-19, 07:21 PM
But the whole point of going rogue is the skill points, right? Is there a rogue variant out there that has full BAB?

Hahahaha.

No.

There's one class that has full BAB and full sneak attack, Rokugan ninja. It's pretty overpowered.

Otherwise, the best way to do it is taking 3 levels of rogue, then into swashbuckler and pick up daring outlaw. Full BAB, full sneak attack, 4+int skills and a bunch of sub-par class features.

SamTheCleric
2008-04-19, 07:23 PM
Well, you could just do the Fighter variant in Unearthed Arcana for full BAB and sneak attack every other level... lose out of the fighter feats.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#fighter

Nohwl
2008-04-19, 08:13 PM
what book is Rokugan Ninja in?

asphen fox
2008-04-21, 06:03 AM
Yup. Which book?

Grynning
2008-04-21, 06:20 AM
Rokugan Ninja is in a 3.0 book, and should probably not be legal in most 3.5 games, as far as I know.

On the original build, if you want to focus purely on TWF, Warblade/Bloodclaw Master//Swashbuckler 3/Rogue 17 with Daring Outlaw will get you pretty effective damage output.

You can also go Swordsage/BCM//Scout/Ranger with Swift Hunter to throw skirmish and favored enemy into the mix.

asphen fox
2008-04-21, 06:31 AM
I guess... But as far as I can tell, BCM's only good until level 2.

asphen fox
2008-04-21, 07:15 AM
I need some clarification. It only says in Daring Outlaw that you only need a 2d6 sneak and the other swash thingy.... Can you use rokugan instead of rogue?

Grynning
2008-04-21, 07:17 AM
It wouldn't stack - Daring Outlaw only stacks Swashbuckler and ROGUE levels - so if you have no rogue levels, the feat adds nothing to your sneak attack.

I seriously wouldn't worry about adding the Ninja class into this build, it's really not that great, and since you're using all full BAB classes on the other side of the Gestalt it's unnecessary. If you really *want* to be a Ninja, go swordsage x/Shadow Sun Ninja on one side, some combination of Rogue, CAdv. Ninja, Ranger and/or Scout on the other.

hamishspence
2008-04-21, 07:17 AM
I think Dragon 318 has update for oriental adventures, but thats the only 3.5 support I can think of.

Darrin
2008-04-21, 07:36 AM
It wouldn't stack - Daring Outlaw only stacks Swashbuckler and ROGUE levels - so if you have no rogue levels, the feat adds nothing to your sneak attack.

I'm not sure it would work that way. If you got Daring Outlaw without Rogue levels, your Rogue levels = 0. You could still count your Swashbuckler levels as "Rogue" levels, essentially gaining the sneak attack of a Rogue X, where X = your swashbuckler levels.

Grynning
2008-04-21, 07:53 AM
It's fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure you have to have rogue levels for the feat to work.
Either way, though, Rogue has the best SA progression in the game, and the 3.0 Ninja is a PrC, so you'd have to abandon BCM on the other side of the Gestalt. If you're going to keep Warblade etc. on one side, putting Rogue/Swashbuckler on the other is a better choice for TWF damage.

There are of course many other ways to get TWF damage (Two-hander + Armor Spikes, which I think is silly, and Bard Dragonfire Inspiration/Song of the White Raven thingy, which I also think is silly), so this is the build I recommend based on the OP.

asphen fox
2008-04-24, 03:31 AM
What's that Dragonfire song thing? Haven't heard of it before O_O

riddles
2008-04-24, 04:33 AM
What's that Dragonfire song thing? Haven't heard of it before O_O

it's in dragon magic. take the feat and you can convert your insprise courage bonus into +Xd6 fire damage for everyone (where X is your courage bonus).

song of the heart (feat) from eberron increases all vard song effects by +1 and inspirational boost (spell compendium) increases your insprice courage +1

by level 6, if you can find yourself a badge of valour, you're giving everyone +4d6 damage. great boosting.

asphen fox
2008-04-25, 03:54 AM
Nice combo. :smallbiggrin: Hmmm... I've been thinking for a while and It is possible to "homebrew" a feat that makes Rokugan and Swash stack, right? Daring Stalker or something like that? All it would take is Daring outlaw feat then change every rogue word on it to rokugan, right? :smalltongue: I don't see why it's broken though... I have the description already and it's not worth taking 20 levels.