PDA

View Full Version : Extra-Dimensional Accomedations

Torger
2008-04-19, 06:16 PM
So I'm looking for what amounts to a pocket dimension that functions as a flat/lab/lair for a character. Something like Daern's Instant Fortress, but more in like with the Mord's Magnificent Mansion entryway/extraplanar nature.

Does such an animal already exist, or should I get crackin' on designing my own. Please post source.

Chronos
2008-04-19, 06:35 PM
Does the Rod of Security (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/rods.htm#security) work for you?

FlyMolo
2008-04-19, 06:40 PM
I had an idea for a homebrew class that worked like this. Based around personal extradimensional spaces and such. But aside from a progression of extradimensional space according to character level, I had no other ideas and ultimately scrapped the project.

Torger
2008-04-19, 07:07 PM
Except for the "once a week" thing, that's perfect.

Saihyol
2008-04-19, 07:19 PM
Maybe as a feat? :smallsmile:

Extra dimensional Sub-let
Prerequisites level: 15

Character has a 30x30x30 extra dimensional space created and maintained for him/her by a higher power, the nature of the higher power is defined by the character while the actual force is determined by the DM.

This space has a fixed entrance point through which the player and characters he/she designates may enter. The player may also determine at the time of creation other conditions which will allow beings to enter. This entrance is 8'x4' and resembles a door/portal/gate or some other entrance way. Entering takes 2 minutes as the character 'attunes' themselves to the portal.

Inside the space a formless grey substance which cannot be damaged or altered in any way forms the outer boundaries and a pale light fills the area. The space also maintains a breathable (for the characters type at the time of creation) atmosphere for up to 10 medium creatures. Other than this the space is empty, but items/equipment may be brought into the space as long as they can pass the entrance. Note that time within the space passes at a rate consistent with the plane on which the entrance is placed.

This feat may be taken additional times creating either a space joined to the original or an alternate space. If spaces are joined a second entrance can be created or the original one enlarged. Entry rules can also be altered at this time.

If a portable hole/portable hole is placed within a , extra dimensional Sub-let it opens a gate to the Astral Plane: The hole, the bag, and any creatures within a 10-foot radius are drawn there, destroying the portable hole, extra dimensional Sub-let and bag of holding in the process.

Torger
2008-04-19, 07:40 PM
Alright, a quick assessment places the item in question at 281000 dollars. However, equivalent items cots 55000 (Instant Fortress) and 61000 (Rod of Security). The former is an at-command corporeal tower that springs up in one round, and can be collapsed in the same. The latter is a (an?) once per week item that doubles natural healing rates, suspends time for the people in it, and can hold up to 200 people.

What I'm looking for is a per-use Magnificent Mansion.

Jack_Simth
2008-04-19, 08:11 PM
So I'm looking for what amounts to a pocket dimension that functions as a flat/lab/lair for a character. Something like Daern's Instant Fortress, but more in like with the Mord's Magnificent Mansion entryway/extraplanar nature.

Does such an animal already exist, or should I get crackin' on designing my own. Please post source.
There were in previous editions. If you're a spellcaster, you could probably get away with research a version of Rope Trick (two or three levels higher) that goes to a fixed extradimensional location, which you could then install stuff in as though it were a normal building.

Jasdoif
2008-04-20, 02:18 AM
If you have sufficient connections, Genesis (either spell (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/spells/genesis.htm) or power (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/genesis.htm)) can make a personal demiplane for you. You'd need to come up with a way of getting back and forth to it, though.

GolemsVoice
2008-04-20, 07:19 AM
Do you have the Planar Handbook ready/ have you read it? There is a prestige class in there somewhere which deals exactly with the things you want to do. It was a 10 level class, and over the course of your level progression, you got your own small pocket-plane, and powers over it.

I'm doing this all from my memory, I hope it did'nt fail me.

Jasdoif
2008-04-20, 09:37 PM
Do you have the Planar Handbook ready/ have you read it? There is a prestige class in there somewhere which deals exactly with the things you want to do. It was a 10 level class, and over the course of your level progression, you got your own small pocket-plane, and powers over it.

I'm doing this all from my memory, I hope it did'nt fail me.Are you referring to the Planeshifter in Manual of the Planes? (I get the Planar Handbook and the Manual of the Planes mixed up a lot myself.)