PDA

View Full Version : When I grow weary of the noises you make, you shall die! [race]

Icewalker
2008-04-20, 02:13 AM
"Let me remind you, sonny, I am a general. If you are counting on me to blink, then you are making a deadly mistake!"
-Roth'h'ar Sarris, Primarch General

Fatu-Krey
http://www.alicia-logic.com/capsimages/gq_042.jpg

Fatu-Krey are a vicious race, hunting down and exterminating others in an attempt to gain power and for their own entertainment. They live as one society, pledging their servitude to the current Primarch General.
Personality: Fatu-Krey are extremely ruthless and vile. Most enjoy the pain of others, often torturing their victims and prisoners for entertainment. Individually most Fatu-Krey are violent and quick to anger.
Physical Description: Fatu-Krey are about the same average height as a human, typically slightly above between 5 and 6 feet tall. Fatu-Krey are somewhat heavier though, usually weighing from 150 to 250 pounds. Their skin ranges from a pale green to a dark brown green, but regardless is much thicker and harder than the average creatures' flesh. They usually wear clothing that demonstrates the Fatu-Krey ideology of military efficiency and intimidation, mostly dark and functional equipment and armor. Most Fatu-Krey also sport a multitude of battle-scars and militaristic markings or piercings.

Fatu-Krey Primarchs stand about half a foot taller than your average Fatu-Krey, with some physical additions that make them stand out at any time, primarily their stronger, nearly plated skin, the bent protrusions from the top of their head, and the bladed flaps on the base of their back which flip upward when they are angered.
Relations: The Fatu-Krey are an extremely violent race, and their relations with other races are usually simply a direct attempt and genocide or enslavement. Sometimes the Fatu-Krey will make an alliance with another species, if decreed by the Primarch General.
Alignment: Almost all Fatu-Krey are evil, however on they vary greatly on the Lawful-Chaotic scale of alignment, falling into all three possibilities, although more are prone to chaos.
Fatu-Krey Lands: The Fatu-Krey do not take territory, usually roaming as a nomadic army, conquering a territory, enslaving or slaughtering its inhabitants, then stripping the land of all useful materials to expand and upgrade the equipment of the army before moving on.
Religion: Fatu-Krey worship their Primarch General as their only deific figure. They care not for others' religion, paying no attention to the gods of their victims.
Language: Fatu-Krey speak their own language, Kren. It is a quick language of hisses and clicks, good for easy communication between soldiers, another example of the military efficiency their entire culture is based around.
Names: Fatu-Krey names are guttural and vile, usually somewhat disjointed and including hissing noises often.
Adventurers: There are very few Fatu-Krey adventurers, and those that are are generally small groups sent out by the Primarch General for a specific purpose of benefit to the army.

Fatu-Krey Racial Traits

+2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom: Fatu-Krey are sturdy creatures, but quick to anger and rash decisions
Medium: As Medium creatures, Fatu-Krey have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size
Fatu-Krey base land speed is 30 ft.
Low-Light Vision: a Fatu-Krey can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
Exotic Weapon Proficiency: All Fatu-Krey are proficient with the Snap-tong and the Tri-blade.
Natural armor bonus +2
+2 racial bonus on intimidate checks
Favored class: Barbarian

Fatu-Krey Primarch General Racial Traits
http://www.geocities.com/guy_crewman6/Sarris.jpg

+4 Constitution, +2 Strength, +2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom: Fatu-Krey Primarch Generals are stronger and smarter than the average soldier, but retain their races short temper and rash decisions.
Medium: As Medium creatures, Fatu-Krey have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size
Fatu-Krey base land speed is 30 ft.
Low-Light Vision: a Fatu-Krey can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
Exotic Weapon Proficiency: All Fatu-Krey are proficient with the Snap-tong and the Tri-blade.
Natural armor bonus +4
+6 racial bonus on intimidate checks
Leadership: At 6th level, a Fatu-Krey Primarch General automatically gains the Leadership Feat.
Favored class: Barbarian

Snap-Tongs and Tri-Blades
The Snap-tong and Tri-blade weapons are used by both the Fatu-Krey and the demon soldiers known as Rutterkin. It is unknown which of the two groups first developed the weapons, although the comparison of their species show a very similar personality and to some extent, appearance.

{table=head]Weapon|Cost|Damage|Critical|Range Incr.|Weight|Type

Snap-tong|
100 gp|
1d10|
2x|
-|10 lb.|Piercing

Tri-Blade|
35 gp|
2d4|
2x|
20 ft.|3 lb.|Slashing[/table]

Snap-tong: This short polearm ends in a sharp spike that has one or more crescent-shaped pincers designed close around it. A proficient wielder that hits an opponent of at least one size category smaller can attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If the wielder gets a hold, the snap-tong grabs the opponent and deals 1d10 points of damage (plus the wielder's Strength modifier) each round the hold is maintained.
Tri-blade: This thrown weapon consists of a three-bladed wedge launched from a slinglike device. Versatile Fatu-Krey soldiers usually carry five of these for use in ranged combat, although in more organized assaults the weapons may be split up for specific squads.

[hr]
This is the second time I have written up this entire post...because the internet swallowed it after I was checking up on something else before posting it. Ugh. Really pisses me off because I was sure to copy it in case something went wrong, but it didn't work...

Snap-tongs and tri-blades are copied from Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss page 51. I reduced the price on the snap-tong because having a race using them in the material plane makes them less rare. The original price was 250 gp.

As a last note, I don't know what the Primarch General's LA should be, or if the normal one should have an LA.

MrEdwardNigma
2008-04-20, 04:58 AM
Aren't these creatures basically Orcs?

Debihuman
2008-04-20, 10:15 AM
It seems like a well-balanced race. They may be similar to Orcs in stats, but you've certainly given them some distinguishing personality traits.

Overall, I think you've done a good job with this. I'm not particularly fond of adding a lot of new races but these might be interesting. I could see these as a minor race on a world. They'd be fairly xenophobic.

Well done.
Debby

BisectedBrioche
2008-04-20, 04:38 PM
Galaxy Quest FTW.

Icewalker
2008-04-20, 04:56 PM
It is indeed. Had a hard time finding the name of Sarris' race, I think it is only mentioned once in the movie, near the beginning. Any ideas on the LA of the Primarch General? I want to stat up Sarris as an example.

Reinboom
2008-04-20, 05:06 PM
What is their types? Monstrous Humanoids? This is quite significant. :smalltongue:

Also, I would not give the general an LA, but rather, hit die.
(I would say about 2, 3 if they had other abilities)
Or make it in to a paragon class, which would be very fitting.

Icewalker
2008-04-20, 06:43 PM
I'd probably go with monstrous humanoid. Not entirely sure what a paragon class is, but I'm guessing some kind of race/class combination?

MythMage
2008-04-20, 11:59 PM
It's a kind of base class that allows a member of a given race to better exemplify its race. They're described in Unearthed Arcana, and consequently are OGL and can be found in some SRDs. Like this one: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/racialParagonClasses.htm

If you like the idea, there's a well-done revised version of the racial paragon class mechanics by Jaerom Darkwind over here: http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=251402

Icewalker
2008-04-21, 12:24 AM
I like it, and it's simple enough. I think I could probably turn Sarris into a Paragon class, I'll throw that together sometime next week, probably.

Overlord
2008-04-21, 01:08 AM
Wow. This is quite possibly the most obscure homebrew source material I've ever seen. Good choice, though, Galaxy Quest is awesome.

SilentNight
2008-04-21, 09:04 AM
Quite nice. The normal ones shouldn't have LA at all. Paragon class seems nice for the general but I don't know that much about them. Apart from that, very well done.