Vatsala Hlaalu=Vavaara
Studoku=Stu42
Mikal Nakoras=Eita
Sevastian Rubakhin=rubakhin
Robert cameron=puppyavenger
Shovah=Korrah
ReluctantReaper=ReluctantReaper

Edited to create a synopsis for the thread:
Since no one has posted about this game so far I've made this thread to inform people of it. Erepublik is a nation building game where people can support a nation of their choice by building their own nation's economy through creation of companies, running for presidency, joining a political group and defending it as soldiers.

My goal in this game is to become president of Ukraine and claim it for this forum by calling the political party Giant in the Playground and advertising it. I want to make Ukraine completely run by this forum.

http://www.erepublik.com/

In order to help this you can ask one of the posters in this thread for an invite and add me ingame as a friend. After being accepted you can invite others to get gold which is needed to make companies and political parties. If we pool our resources together we can make everything we want. To be invited you need to either post your email here or pm it to a poster in this thread. Right now I'm out of them. I've invited 5 people so far though and they have accepted:
Shovah
puppyavenger
Vavaara
Narkis
SolkaTruesilver
Each of them should start with 5 invites of their own so I'd ask them for one but try to avoid spamming them with pms.

If you just want to try out this game and join a different country go ahead. This is just my personal goal.

Player_Zero
2008-04-20, 03:38 PM
So... Err... What type of game IS it exactly?

nothingclever
2008-04-20, 04:17 PM
You act as a citizen of a country of your choice and can choose to create your own political party, run for election, start your own business, etc. The players build their own nation's economy. There is also a system for war between nations.

4chan has taken over Pakistan. XD

puppyavenger
2008-04-20, 04:38 PM
Don't you just have to ask for a invite?

nothingclever
2008-04-20, 04:42 PM
You can get invites from anyone already playing but if you choose to just register at the site normally you are placed in a waiting list. Luckily the amount of invites you can give refreshes over time and each new player you invite starts with 5 of their own so you can invite an infinite amount of people in a chain.

I think it'd be pretty cool if we could claim a nation for GitP.
Australia appears to be completely empty at the moment for instance while others only have 50 or so players meaning we could outvote everyone else with enough people.

To give out invites I need an email address to send them too.

Eita
2008-04-20, 04:44 PM
I'll take an invite.

SolkaTruesilver
2008-04-20, 04:48 PM
Hmm.. How is Quebec faring in that game?

puppyavenger
2008-04-20, 04:53 PM
You can get invites from anyone already playing but if you choose to just register at the site normally you are placed in a waiting list. Luckily the amount of invites you can give refreshes over time and each new player you invite starts with 5 of their own so you can invite an infinite amount of people in a chain.

I think it'd be pretty cool if we could claim a nation for GitP.

I'll happilyu take an invite then, let me see if I can find my email password...
okay got it
[email protected]

nothingclever
2008-04-20, 04:56 PM
Quebec currently only has 27 citizens while Ontario is leading with 125. Both areas were successfully defended in the Canada vs US war.

puppyavenger
2008-04-20, 04:58 PM
Quebec currently only has 27 citizens while Ontario is leading with 125. Both areas were successfully defended in the Canada vs US war.

hows Nova Scotia doing? completly deserted?

SolkaTruesilver
2008-04-20, 05:10 PM

Off course we'd hold off! The darn yankees would never be able to get ahold of our beloved land!

(you convinced me. Can you invite me? I'd like to wage war back :smallbiggrin: )

Eita
2008-04-20, 05:22 PM
Whoever led the US against Canada was obviously a fool. Unless of course the game made all nations equal so that everyone wouldn't just go ahead and play as Americans.

Now then, how do I get an invitation?

SolkaTruesilver
2008-04-20, 05:24 PM
Whoever led the US against Canada was obviously a fool. Unless of course the game made all nations equal so that everyone wouldn't just go ahead and play as Americans.

Now then, how do I get an invitation?

On the other hand, if everybody wanted to play as the Americans, it would be easier to become a dictator in small countries, and expand there

puppyavenger
2008-04-20, 05:36 PM
how about we conquer Canada? when/if I get in I'm going to start a shipping buisness in Halifax

SolkaTruesilver
2008-04-20, 05:40 PM
how about we conquer Canada? when/if I get in I'm going to start a shipping buisness in Halifax

When you speak of conquering Canada, you mean as an USAmerican, or as a good fellow Quebecker?

I have no problem with conquering Canada as a Quebecker, but if you come from below the 142th parallel, you'd find hardened beef on this side of the border!

Eita
2008-04-20, 06:19 PM
But... There are parts of the US above that line...

Narkis
2008-04-20, 06:21 PM
This game looks interesting, but the waiting queue is ginormous. Can I haz invitation plz? My email is nikitis89 [at] yahoo [dot] gr

SolkaTruesilver
2008-04-20, 06:22 PM
But... There are parts of the US above that line...

Not for long :tongue:

nothingclever
2008-04-20, 07:46 PM
If you want an invite I need you to either pm with your email or post it here. I've already sent 4 to:
Puppyavenger
Shovah
Narkis
SolkaTruesilver

puppyavenger
2008-04-20, 08:05 PM
how exactly do you get gold? and why is Iqualouit the capital of canada? I mean 20 russians and a snow mobile could cature it...

Vavaara
2008-04-20, 08:15 PM
Can I get a sponsorship? I plan to conquer most of Africa in the name of the Giant. Failing that, i'll go after Australia :smalltongue:

Email:
[email protected]

nothingclever
2008-04-20, 08:17 PM
You can get gold by inviting other people, trading regular game currency for gold or by buying it with real money. If we all invite people we can get more than enough to run a country.

In the beginning I'd just put out a job application and enlist as a soldier to raise your stats. Besides that you just need to buy food to keep your wellness up Each day you consume one food item automatically of the highest quality. Depending on the quality or star rating you gain an equal amount of wellness. From what I understand it is really only needed in wars or work productivity so it isn't really important in the beginning unless we make our own company which you would want to do the best work possible in.

Taking a country
After we pick a country we need someone with 40 gold to make a political party. Since the most you can get is 25 with your first 5 invites someone would need to transfer 15 more.

I think everyone should buy 1 move ticket so we can all move to wherever we decide on later.

Please list your ingame name here so we can all add each other as friends.
Mine is somethingclever

SolkaTruesilver
2008-04-20, 08:37 PM
William Dubois will be my name..

SolkaTruesilver
2008-04-20, 09:15 PM
How do you see the geographical regions that are used to measure the military conflicts?

nothingclever
2008-04-20, 09:42 PM
I think we should try to take Ukraine. The countries with 0 population don't seem to be open. Ukraine has 40some people so we can build a political party there and vote whoever is in out pretty easily. It isn't at war with anyone either.

I just moved to Kiev in Ukraine. I suggest everyone else go there.

I'll make a political party as soon as I get 40 gold so if anyone invites other people and gets some please transfer it to me.

SolkaTruesilver
2008-04-20, 09:46 PM
except by recruiting people, how could we even get an economy up and running? (since we need gold to start businesses?)

puppyavenger
2008-04-21, 06:01 AM
Robert cameron's my name and

When you speak of conquering Canada, you mean as an USAmerican, or as a good fellow Quebecker?

I have no problem with conquering Canada as a Quebecker, but if you come from below the 142th parallel, you'd find hardened beef on this side of the border!
as Canadians oviosly.
and where do you get a move ticket?

nothingclever
2008-04-21, 06:12 AM
If we can recruit enough people from here we can each get gold and pool our resources together to make companies later on. Currently Ukraine already has some so we don't need to make any right away to survive.

We can also take over the Ukraine treasury which has a lot of money at the moment or after becoming president I could raise taxes or print money.

SolkaTruesilver
2008-04-21, 08:31 AM
If we can recruit enough people from here we can each get gold and pool our resources together to make companies later on. Currently Ukraine already has some so we don't need to make any right away to survive.

We can also take over the Ukraine treasury which has a lot of money at the moment or after becoming president I could raise taxes or print money.

Hum... Basically, printing money won't do it. You will simply lower it's value.. Everything will simply cost more, except if you start exporting a lot.

You need to import gold. To achieve that, I suggest creating a specialized industry in your dedicated country, and sell service to a friendly neighboor, who could, in exchange, specialize in it's own industry. Both will have lower costs for both specialized industry, if you have the right free trade treaties. Off course, it can become quite dangerous in cases of war, because that kind of agreement creates some kind of dependance, and both countries can have their fate sealed together.

nothingclever
2008-04-21, 02:46 PM
We need one person to go to India and invite people and have them also go there. I just read that as long as new people come into a country with less than 20 people they as well as the people who invite them get a lot of gold.

I read this:
"1. To get most wealth for your character, choose the empty country (not more than 20 citizens), because from the empty country you will get 50 gold + 25 gold from invitation + 100 local currency."

Wish I knew this sooner. :/
Once you get the bonus just move to Ukraine since India is being completely conquered at the moment.

nothingclever
2008-04-21, 05:45 PM
I'm out of invites since you only get 5 so I pmed Shovah asking him to invite you and another person.

Anyone who is already in please invite whoever you see asking for one after this post since you will get gold from using up your invites.

Nibleswick
2008-04-21, 06:31 PM
I like the idea of taking over Ukraine, maybe we could rename it The Playground:smallbiggrin:.

I would like and invite as soon as someone can get around to it.
[email protected]

Timarvay
2008-04-21, 07:23 PM
[email protected]

As soon as someone with invites can get around to it, please.

Gaelbert
2008-04-21, 07:37 PM
[email protected]
This looks like fun.

nothingclever
2008-04-21, 07:49 PM
If someone can invite these three people and pass me the 15 gold from it I'll have enough to make the Giant in the Playground party.

After that we just need to save up more to create a food company and then a hospital much later on. When I state this plan and can show people quick progress we'll be able to get the party elected without needing to outvote the others ourselves since the other parties have very little organization and resources.

I've edited my first post to show everyone who they should contact for invites here. If you invite someone someone or someone invites you please post who it was here so people don't waste invites by sending more than one to each person. I've already listed who I invited in my first post.

Studoku
2008-04-21, 08:06 PM
I'll play if someone sends me an invite.

[email protected]

SolkaTruesilver
2008-04-21, 09:26 PM
I sent all the invites. I will send you 15 golds, but I don't think I will join Ukraine just.. yet. Canada has a good economy, in needing of housing. I'll gain experience and money there, and maybe export to you guys.

Nibleswick
2008-04-21, 09:32 PM
Groovy, thanks.

My persons name is Andrew Veazy.

Shovah
2008-04-21, 11:16 PM
I have three invites left, but am saving atleast two until I can talk to a few friends. PM me if you would like an invite.

I'm staying over in Britain for a while, and think I will until I can train up, earn some money, and possibly buy a little gold. I'll do what I can to support the take-over, and should move to Ukraine fairlly soon.
My characters name is Korrah.

Vavaara
2008-04-21, 11:28 PM
I propose that we start a newspaper and call it The Footprint, in honor of our boards here.

Ace Reporter Vatsala Hlaalu, telling it how it is here in Thiruvananthapuram, India!

Actually, now that I look at it, India is pretty much a ghost town... I think I could take it quite easily if I tried.

Shovah
2008-04-21, 11:41 PM
Vavaara, you've just given me a great idea (which will almost certainly have some huge flaw I haven't notice). Why don't we send small groups of playgrounders out to the least populated countries?
They could take power - possibly with support from the main group in Ukraine - and then we would grow stronger as more people joined those various countries aswell as when people joined Ukraine itself.
We could spread our people-catching net. Holding power in more countries means more growth as people join them.

We shall rule this land.

edit: Anybody interested in a gift squad (http://www.erepublik.com/article-134992.html)?

Lizard
2008-04-22, 06:44 AM
This game looks like a lot of fun but I have one question: How much time do you need to invest into it?

SolkaTruesilver
2008-04-22, 03:11 PM
@Lizard : I can do with a mere 1 minutes/day if I want to keep myself to working and training. You may need more sometime to buy weapons, food, find a job and answer emails.

@ everybody I sent an invite (as William Dubois!) come on! Accept them!! I don'T want to know I spoiled 3 of them!

Nibleswick
2008-04-22, 03:20 PM
Well, I'm also open to inviting people, so you can PM me as well.

I like the idea of a gift squad, but at the moment Ukraine hasn't got a gift industry.

nothingclever
2008-04-22, 05:23 PM
edit: Anybody interested in a gift squad (http://www.erepublik.com/article-134992.html)?
Just to clarify, can a person receive more than 1 gift a day? Also I think besides eventually getting our party made, building a hospital company and upgrading it to level 5 would get a lot of people to vote for us since Ukraine doesn't have one either and it would give everyone an extra 5 wellness each day as long as they ate.
Quality 1 food and a plus 5 hospital would give everyone 6 wellness a day and at the cost of only 1 wellness to work at a quality 1 food company.

To make the party we need 40 gold and to build and level a hospital to quality 5 we need 120gold(40 to create and 20 gold needed per upgrade level).

Does anyone know where I can find a good 100by100 OotS style avatar that I can use ingame?

Nibleswick
2008-04-22, 05:45 PM
Ask Here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33589&page=271)

Filler Filler Filler

Studoku
2008-04-22, 05:57 PM
I'm in as Studoku. I started in the UK though so I'm currently saving up to move to Ukraine.

Vavaara
2008-04-22, 06:03 PM
I have officially started my newspaper, The Footprint, though until I buy a moving ticket and head to Ukraine i'm going to be doing mostly political stuff about India being conquered by Pakistan :smallfrown:.

Eita
2008-04-22, 06:03 PM
Does the region we join matter?

Vavaara
2008-04-22, 06:05 PM
Does the region we join matter?

Most of us are clustered in Ukraine, though I started in India to get us a foothold there. Lot of good it did :smallfrown:.

Eita
2008-04-22, 06:07 PM
No. Where in the Ukraine. Can we move around there?

nothingclever
2008-04-22, 06:56 PM
I would prefer everyone to go to Kiev since I'm there and when we build something there everyone will be able to benefit from it.
All of India is now part of Pakistan so you might as well choose Ukraine to start in since the special bonus for joining a country with less than 20 population available is gone there.

We need people to donate gold so we can make the party. You can do that by scrolling down on a player's profile and finding a donate button, in case anyone didn't know.

There really isn't any reason to choose a different country if you want to help because in order to transfer gold you need to be in the same country as the person you are sending it to. People in Ukraine are also unable to use money that is not Ukrainian.

Also to vote for our party when it is created you'd have to be in the same country as well.

Gaelbert
2008-04-22, 08:35 PM
I accidentally started myself in California. Oh well. I'll get over to the Ukraine eventually. Any suggestions on my career path?

Eita
2008-04-22, 08:48 PM
Alright, I have the invites. Anyone need them?

Gaelbert
2008-04-22, 10:59 PM
Maybe we should try to organize this invite process so we can bring in all the people who want in without wasting invites. I still have 5 of them, and no real life people to use them on.

Nibleswick
2008-04-22, 11:57 PM
I'm in the same boat, and I'd rather like to star a company, so the gold would be handy.

Just a thought, where you folks are at, is anyone selling gold for local currency?

Shovah
2008-04-23, 07:43 AM
There seems to be quite a bit of gold trading in the UK, although unless I actually sell some of my own gold, I wont have enough local currency to buy any.

If anybody happens to send me a gift, I'll be more than happy to return the favour ;).

Eita
2008-04-23, 06:29 PM
Alright, I need a move ticket to get to Kiev.

puppyavenger
2008-04-23, 07:05 PM
right I'm saving up money to get a moving ticket, on the plus side I'll have an ungodly gifts skill at that point.

rubakhin
2008-04-23, 07:25 PM
Ukraine! (I miss Odessa. :smallfrown:) Can I have an invite?

s.rubakhin[at]gmail.com

How's Chechnya doing? Is there a Chechnya in this game?

Eita
2008-04-23, 08:49 PM
You'll have one at 4 PM US Central at the latest. Hear that? He's mine.

Nibleswick
2008-04-23, 08:53 PM
There ya go, you should be able to get on now.

Welcome.

Ninja'd, now to check if I can uninvite someone. I don't think I can, I'm sorry.:smallfrown: How about I send the gold to you for poaching your claim?

rubakhin
2008-04-23, 09:33 PM
Ah, excellent. Signed up as Sevastian Rubakhin (fortuitously, my name is sufficiently Ukrainian for these purposes); resisted the urge to attempt to conquer the North Caucasus. If anyone needs invites I have some somewhere.

Eita
2008-04-24, 06:38 AM
There ya go, you should be able to get on now.

Welcome.

Ninja'd, now to check if I can uninvite someone. I don't think I can, I'm sorry.:smallfrown: How about I send the gold to you for poaching your claim?

Eh. It all works out in the end. He wouldn't even be able to log on until about now-ish if you hadn't.

Driderman
2008-04-24, 09:00 AM
This seems interesting... Any invites left? I can't promise I'll be dedicated since I'm a busy man these days, but my mail is Foksanen[at]gmail.com

ufo
2008-04-24, 10:15 AM
Anyone got an invite lying around? This sounds kind of fun. Can't guarantee constant activity.

Narkis
2008-04-24, 01:15 PM
I've sent an invite to you Driderman. ufo, post an email and I'll send one to you too.

ufo
2008-04-24, 01:53 PM
You can send an e-mail via my public profile :smallbiggrin:

Anyways, you might want to not send it. I was PM'ed earlier with what seemed like an offer to be invitated ("Are you still looking for an invite?"), so don't invite me just yet, unless you want to waste an invite :smalltongue:

If you really want to waste an invite, then you're welcome to do so.

Narkis
2008-04-24, 02:09 PM
Well, can't say I do. But your profile is of no use for the invitation, since the game asks you to put the recipient's e-mail in a field, and not send one yourself.

Driderman
2008-04-24, 02:11 PM
So I created a character named "Sartain" in Ukraine... I wonder what to do now? :smallcool:

Eita
2008-04-24, 02:27 PM
To be frank, you did it wrong.

Your supposed to wait for someone to give you an invite. Then you follow a link and THEN make a character.

Driderman
2008-04-24, 02:36 PM
Well duh... I really thought that was implicit seeing as there's a 10000 people waiting line for non-invited...

ufo
2008-04-24, 03:06 PM
Well, can't say I do. But your profile is of no use for the invitation, since the game asks you to put the recipient's e-mail in a field, and not send one yourself.

Touché. Well, for future reference: peterulsnes13[at]hotmail(dot)com

Nibleswick
2008-04-24, 04:26 PM
I'm claiming ufo for Eita, it's the least I can do after poaching rubakhin from him.

Eita
2008-04-24, 04:33 PM
Excellent...

It is done.

Now then, does anyone know if anyone is selling food for less then $1.10?

Driderman
2008-04-24, 04:48 PM
No idea, but it seems Gitp'ers are jobless slackers... Could anyone in Ukraine fix me up with a job?

Siosilvar
2008-04-24, 05:11 PM
What would be the best starting location? Something close to Ukraine with 20- people?

Studoku
2008-04-24, 05:30 PM
[email protected]
would be my email, if someone would like to give me an invite (I'm not sure how that works? Do I have to make an account or something first?)

What would be the best starting location? Something close to Ukraine with 20- people?
I've sent you an invite. If I recall correctly, the instructions are in the E-mail.

On a related note, can anybody here spare some money for me (Studoku) to move to Ukraine? I want to be with GitP and there aren't any jobs in britain. Seriously, the CV list is being spammed up with people willing to work for £1 a day.

Driderman
2008-04-24, 05:30 PM
Huh :smallannoyed:
I sent you an invite just now since no-one had posted their doing so, but apparently someone else has already invited you and I just wasted an invite...

Studoku
2008-04-24, 05:33 PM
Huh :smallannoyed:
I sent you an invite just now since no-one had posted their doing so, but apparently someone else has already invited you and I just wasted an invite...

Sorry, I ninja invited him.

Driderman
2008-04-24, 05:35 PM
No problem, I'm more annoyed at the system which tells me that someone has already sent the person an invite and then goes ahead and wastes my invite anyway.
Heh, I just created a newspaper.

Addendum: This newspaper thing is fun. If anyone happens to have any ideas for stories for the Uzhhorod Irregular, let me know. Subscribers would be nice too... :smallbiggrin:

nothingclever
2008-04-24, 07:08 PM
Andrew Veazy donated 6 gold so now I only need 9 more to create our party.

If you guys would like I could make a food company first instead so everyone can be employed by me and payed since I've been waiting in Ukraine for a few days now for a job offer.

There are several food companies already but if we work together to gather gold we can upgrade our own every 5 days since it only takes 10 to upgrade a company 1 level and 5 days to increase skill by 1 level.

Driderman
2008-04-24, 07:18 PM
Well, starting with a business and using that business to make money to create a political party doesn't seem like a bad idea. Money = power and we need to create a powerbase.
Looks like the major parties in Ukraine are just pulling stuff out their asses right now anyway, so if we make a concerted effort it shouldn't be too hard to take over.
That being said, there are 5 food companies in Ukraine, although only one has any stock to sell. I wish I knew how those businesses work, after all, Ukranian Salo is selling food at 1.11 UAH, can we sell food cheaper than that and still afford to pay employees?

nothingclever
2008-04-24, 07:43 PM
I'm not really sure to be honest either. I need to make a company to find out unless I ask someone to explain it but I think just making it would be a whole lot faster.

Anyway even if I only pay you guys 1 dollar as long as I set the food price to 1.00 as well you will be able to buy the food and we can undercut the competition. People will definitely buy from us when we raise our quality to 2 or more since all I ever see is quality 1 food.

As soon as we have 2+ quality we will become the number 1 food supplier.

Siosilvar
2008-04-24, 08:20 PM
Okay, I've signed up as Siosilvar Silareth. Accidentally chose USA, so what do I need to do first?

SolkaTruesilver
2008-04-24, 08:38 PM
buy a moving ticket, and go to Kiev

nothingclever
2008-04-24, 08:53 PM
Buy lots of food with your US money before you leave.

Vavaara
2008-04-24, 11:33 PM
To quote Mao Zedong, "Power flows from the barrel of a gun." I say we start a weapons factory, and start arming up the Ukraine so that it doesn't get swallowed up like poor little India. I'm currently employed in a Moving company to buy my ticket to the Ukraine, but it's slow going at a salary of 3 PKR a day.

We must eliminate the God Emeperor Dio Brando if we are to survive.

Then again, this may just be a reaction to me being mad that India was taken without a single shot fired.... :smalltongue:

EDIT: We might want to have a list of people and their in-game names in your first-post, NC. Reposting mine for great justice: Vatsala Hlaalu

Driderman
2008-04-25, 01:29 AM
Weapons are nice, but if no one has the money to buy them it doesn't really matter. I say we go for the food business first and foremost, then we can always expand later on

Nibleswick
2008-04-25, 02:23 AM
Gifts might be a good idea, there isn't a gift company in Ukraine at all.

nothingclever
2008-04-25, 06:38 AM
The Giant in the Playground food company has been made.
I set the salary at 1.10 per person since that will be the price I sell food at.
If I can raise your salary further and let you make a profit I will.

When you work here tell me if your production is only 1 food per day. I can't remember what mine was since I haven't been able to get a job after moving to Ukraine. If it's 2 or more than I'll obviously double your salary.

ufo
2008-04-25, 07:10 AM
When the site stops being down, I'll sign up as Peter Ulsnes. Nothingclever, add the citizen names to the first post. NOW!

Eita
2008-04-25, 10:59 AM
Alright. I'm Mikal Nakoras and I reeallly need a job.

nothingclever
2008-04-25, 02:29 PM
I don't have any money right now so I need someone to donate Ukrainian money to me so I can start paying everyone. It will just be redistributed to the players on these forums and back in to the company over and over again so the system will work.

Any money I get will be invested straight into the company.

Edit: The first piece of food produced by Giant in the Playground was put on the market and made by Sartain!

I'm going to sell food at 0.99 so the 0.01 tax will equal exactly 1 and I'll pay everyone 1. When we can make a profit I'll raise prices/salary.

Driderman
2008-04-25, 03:05 PM
Yay, I'm contributing!

As I understand it, we need to spend money to make money, at least here in the beginning.
Donations for the company is needed, as that money will pay our wages and let us increase our skill. Once our skills increase, we will produce more food per worker and thus be able to actually make a profit. So, donate and work drones, time to up those food-creating skills!

As as sidenote, the Uzhhorod Irregular is now ranked as the 3rd most subscribed newspaper in all of Ukraine. It also seems to be the most prolific. Of course, I'm not too choosy about my articles :smallbiggrin:

nothingclever
2008-04-25, 03:08 PM
The names of everyone I have on my friends list are listed in my first post now with forum name and game name side by side.

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-25, 03:52 PM
Invite me dudes

Email: [email protected]

nothingclever
2008-04-25, 04:02 PM
http://erepublik-wiki.inquitus.com/index.php/Main_Page

If any of you would like to, you can create a wiki page for Ukraine and Giant in the Playground to show how awesome we are/will be.

rubakhin
2008-04-25, 04:06 PM
^ invited you. Have fun.

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-25, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the invite

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-25, 04:13 PM
What kind of company should I make or should I join yours??

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-25, 04:19 PM
I think I will try to become mayor of a region..

Driderman
2008-04-25, 04:41 PM
Edit your posts man, don't just keep on making new ones...

As for running for major, as far as I understand we need to have a political party up and running first. Our food company seems to be working fine, as long as people remember to skill so we can become more efficient. Before too long, Somethingclever should be able to take money out of the company profits and buy gold for it. The next general election is in 6 days however, so if we want to be a factor in national politics by then, people will have to donate gold to somethingclever (Assuming he's the one going to found the party)

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-25, 04:44 PM
ya...I hope someone hires me so I can work..so ya..but It'll be good once things start going.

also whats your name there?

Vavaara
2008-04-25, 06:12 PM
Change of plans for me, I feel like a more... Mediterranean climate. I'll be moving to Greece when I get my moving ticket and conquering it in the name of the Playground. I'll say hi to I'm da Rogue while i'm there :smalltongue:

nothingclever
2008-04-25, 07:24 PM
I think we should try to upgrade to level 2 quality as soon as possible since the Best Ukraine Silo has a stock of over 1000+ level 1 food but that's all they have. It will still take us 4 days to get to level 2 labor skill.

Eita
2008-04-25, 08:22 PM
Agreed. Also, you have to change my salary if you want to break even. Now then, how do I eat my food? My wellness is down to 30.

Nibleswick
2008-04-26, 04:47 AM
You automatically eat one food from your invintory a day, but it's low quality so it only restores one wellness. You're probably using more than one wellness per day.

Shovah
2008-04-26, 08:38 AM
Just wondering here; what sort of salaries are you guys on?
Oh, and converting it to GBP, or even USD would be helpful, but I can do it myself if needed.

nothingclever
2008-04-26, 09:28 AM
I gave everyone 1.2 now. I could raise it 1.8 but it won't solve the dropping wellness problem.

To train and work takes 2 wellness so we need better food which no one else is going to make or we need housing and hospitals but no one will make those either unless we do.

The best thing we can do besides upgrading our company when we can is to advertise a bit on this forum by putting a link in your signature to this thread or just pming some friends since the more people we get the more gold we will have available.

I think we could win the presidency with 50-60 more gold. If we upgrade our food to quality 2 or 3 and just make our party and say we did that since we'd be the first to make that much progress.

I currently have 7 people on my friends list in Ukraine and I'm sure there's more people who can vote for us I haven't added yet.
Last election the leading part only won by 10 votes. We have 7 minimum, 8 if I can vote for myself.

Driderman
2008-04-26, 09:40 AM
We have 5 days until general election. Are we aiming at having a political party by then?
You may have noticed I've started doing a series of articles concerning the political parties of Ukraine in my newspaper... I certainly wouldn't mind ending that series with a plug for our own party, after having described the others not so flatteringly :smallwink:

As for wellness, as long as we only spend 2/day we should have plenty of days to work out a solution. Better food being the most obvious one, but housing also a possibility. If you feel your wellness is dangerously low, don't do military training, or stay home from work if you're close to death.

I'm thinking that as our food-skills rise, less workers may be needed, those surplus workers could then create a housing company with some of the earnings from the food industry.
How's that sound?

nothingclever
2008-04-26, 09:57 AM
I would like to have our party made in time but if it isn't that's all right.

I think it makes perfect sense to add another industry eventually but it will be hard to do if we don't get a lot of cooperation. Hospitals and houses will make a big difference.

One member of our group sent me a pm recently asking if they would get their gold back after donating. This is probably a question for everyone who currently has it.

The answer is yes because if I become president and we all vote I can access the government funds and distribute them to people. I can't say exactly how the process works but I know it's been done before so you can expect whatever you donate back with interest if I win the election.

Btw, I raised all salaries to 1.8 and they'll stay there until we upgrade the company. I don't need the regular money so I'm running it at almost zero profit.

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-26, 10:35 AM
So are we going into houseing or a hospital?

Also how many people will we be able to have on congress?

puppyavenger
2008-04-26, 10:42 AM
By the way, when I finaly get to Ukraine, I'm going to start a gift company, see'ng as my gift skill will be great. If that okay, we can start dominating the econamy.

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-26, 10:49 AM
I think everyone who is not president or on congress should try to be a mayor

Driderman
2008-04-26, 10:50 AM
I'm not entirely sure what we can use the company funds for. My idea was to use the profits to buy gold, and I'm told you can use them to invest, whatever that does...
As for the hospital, as I understand you have to be mayor to create a hospital in region. I'm considering running for mayor in Uzhhorod when the local elections come around, but haven't decided yet.
If hospitals need mayoral approval, it's going to take a while since there are 25 days to local elections... At least where I'm located, I suppose it's the same date all over though I don't know.

Starting a housing business would be a lot quicker, especially since we probably have the gold between us already if only people would donate.
I wouldn't mind starting up the housing company, although that would mean I'd have to quit my job at the food factory.

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-26, 10:52 AM
I just give UAH to nothingclever and I hope he is saveing to make a party.

Driderman
2008-04-26, 10:58 AM
Reaper, there's a difference between gold and UAH. The company is generating enough money by itself for now, I don't think somethingclever needs anymore UAH, he needs gold for creating the party

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-26, 11:28 AM
Oh...well hmm Gold is hard to get by...how are we going to get the money to make a party?

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-26, 12:05 PM
How much gold do you have right now NothingClever?

Shovah
2008-04-26, 12:14 PM
We should have enough soon - there's a good chance I'll be donating a chunk of my gold. dnd reaper - wouldn't it have been easier to just edit that into your previous post, or PM Mr.Clever or something?

Oh, and I just got a salary bump to 3.5GBP :smallsmile:

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-26, 12:17 PM
I suppose I couldve edited it...how does one earn gold exactly anyway?

Edit: Also nice salary

Eita
2008-04-26, 12:58 PM
Working does not decrease wellness, only training. Also, I think I just made like 3 food at once. Awesome.

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-26, 01:08 PM
That's awesome soon we shall rule Ukirane...and then...some other place..I think some random country no one will live in like Romania or something

Shovah
2008-04-26, 01:20 PM
We are about to launch.
I've just donated 30 gold, and Sir.Clever has told me that he has arranged for another donation of 10 gold - this should be enough to start our party.

I, personally, cannot stay to contribute my vote - I only managed to come over and leave my donation thanks to a very generous employer paying for my move ticket, with the deal being that he would buy me 2 tickets and that I return to work for him once I was done.

nothingclever
2008-04-26, 01:26 PM
After sending a billion messages back and forth I now have 30 gold thanks to Shovah's very generous donation and Sartain has agreed to send me 10 as well.
Once he does the party will be made today.

Thanks to everyone who donated whether it was in gold or regular currency to make/stabilize the food company as well.

When we have the party made I'd ask that everyone who can join it of course.

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-26, 01:40 PM
It shall be cool when you win the presidential race. What are your plans once you win...also do I have to be in Kiev to vote for you?

Edit: Ok thanks

Shovah
2008-04-26, 01:43 PM
Reaper, I think you can vote for him from any part of Ukraine.

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-26, 02:12 PM
So I recruited someone for us...just thought I'd let you guys know.

Edit: Also what is going to be the name of our political party name?

nothingclever
2008-04-26, 02:32 PM
The Giant in the Playground party has been made!

Studoku
2008-04-26, 03:22 PM
I'm still stuck in the UK.:smallmad:

I need £17 for a moving ticket. Unfortunately, the economy here sucks and I currently only get paid £1 a day which, after food expenses and tax leaves me with just over £0.50.

Raising the money myself will take over a month. If anyone does lend me some money, I will pay them back when I get a better job in Ukraine. I'm also sending out invites to people who want the to earn gold which I'll be able to donate to GitP.

If anyone wants to help me out, my character's name is Studoku.

Thanks in advance.:smallsmile:

Eita
2008-04-26, 03:43 PM
Alright, I've made a newspaper. The Ukrainian.

nothingclever
2008-04-26, 05:02 PM
Just so you guys know one person can run multiple companies so I can run all of them for us, unless of course that makes anyone feel uncomfortable. :P

ufo
2008-04-26, 05:09 PM
Oh yeah, and I have 5 invites to give out if anyone needs. I joined the party. I didn't know the Ukrainian was GitP. Nice, that means we have the two top newspapers, right?

Driderman
2008-04-26, 05:10 PM
Too many eggs in one basket, no offense. Besides, I want to try my hands at running a business too ;)

Edit: Not UKRAINIAN PRIDE Ufo, just Ukrainian. UKRAINIAN PRIDE is a nationalist newspaper

Nibleswick
2008-04-26, 05:31 PM
Ya, I'd like to try my hand at running a company as well. On that note, is there any way to contact the owner of a failing company to see if we buy it cheap?

ufo
2008-04-26, 05:45 PM
Too many eggs in one basket, no offense. Besides, I want to try my hands at running a business too ;)

Edit: Not UKRAINIAN PRIDE Ufo, just Ukrainian. UKRAINIAN PRIDE is a nationalist newspaper

Yeah, just noticed that too. MAH FAUVLT!

Shovah
2008-04-26, 05:49 PM
I'd also like to try my hand at running a company - so I hope to see atleast some of that donated gold back in my hands at some point :smallwink:

Eita
2008-04-26, 06:03 PM
I'd be happy with a weapons or housing company. Just need to send out my invites.

Twin1
2008-04-26, 06:10 PM
Seems like an interesting enough game. Eita if you'd be willing to send me an invite I'd pm you my email address.

nothingclever
2008-04-26, 06:44 PM
I just picked 1 person from each area to be eligible to run for mayor so now everything is set up.

I think we should all donate to Sartain/Driderman to be fair since he gave me the most gold form the food company and party besides Shovah.

We just need to decide what will be made first.

Driderman
2008-04-26, 07:14 PM
Well, weren't Shovah supposed to go back to England, or was that someone else? If s/he is, I suggest I get priority for donations, but it's really no big deal though

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-26, 07:15 PM
but...i like shiney gold...hmm I suppose I could...

Also Studoku I have a friend who is in the UK his name is Returning Dragon Ill tell him to add you

nothingclever
2008-04-26, 08:48 PM
Well, weren't Shovah supposed to go back to England, or was that someone else? If s/he is, I suggest I get priority for donations, but it's really no big deal though
Well whoever is in Ukraine would get priority, meaning you.
If he came over he'd be second in line.

I forgot he was back in the UK when I originally said that. I edited my post now. I'll pay him back when I'm elected and can access government funds then if he won't be coming over anytime soon.

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-26, 09:18 PM
what power do the mayors have?

Eita
2008-04-26, 09:49 PM
When's the next party election?

The next local is in 24 days, and the next general is in 5.

nothingclever
2008-04-26, 10:21 PM
It looks to me like party elections are elections to choose who will be the party president. The only reason to have one would be if I wasn't doing a proper job leading but I'm pretty sure I have so far so hopefully Mikal Nakoras and Peter Ulsnes will resign from the party elections candidate status so we don't actually have to vote for no reason.

Edit: Political points don't really mean anything though. :/

Eita
2008-04-26, 10:22 PM
That way we would all get politics points since we were party president. At least, I think that's how it works.

nothingclever
2008-04-26, 10:29 PM
The thing is you and Peter Ulsnes can run for mayor and I've set it up so you both can each run in your region. A president can't so you'd still be getting extra political points if you want them.

Vavaara
2008-04-27, 01:16 AM
Currently working on de-stabilizing the God-Emperor's legions. Project is slow-going at this time. If you'd like to support my newspaper, it is called The Footprint in honor of the forums.

ufo
2008-04-27, 05:22 AM
It looks to me like party elections are elections to choose who will be the party president. The only reason to have one would be if I wasn't doing a proper job leading but I'm pretty sure I have so far so hopefully Mikal Nakoras and Peter Ulsnes will resign from the party elections candidate status so we don't actually have to vote for no reason.

Edit: Political points don't really mean anything though. :/

I didn't mean to stand up for elections, I accidentally pressed the button. I'll fix it as soon as Possible (with capital P).

Shovah
2008-04-27, 07:13 AM

I am indeed in the UK. If sufficent funds are gathered to repay me, and perhaps if there is an interesting job open, I will come back over. But my current employer payed for both of my move tickets, so I feel I owe it to him to work a bit before coming back to you guys.

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-27, 09:03 AM
Just an update for everyone, incase they dont get around to Erepublik, we are 3 people away from being the largest party in the Ukirane

Twin1
2008-04-27, 11:16 AM
Well I've joined up under the username Mr_World and I've signed up to be a part of the political party. If anyone has any advice as to what I should do next I'd appreciate the help. Also I guess I have invites now so if anyone needs one just ask.

ufo
2008-04-27, 12:04 PM
Toss out your CV ("find a job" under 'economy'), and Somethingclever will probably find it and allow you to join the food company.

Also, all gold I get from invites I'm sending to Somethingclever to allow him to further our goals.

Additionally, I have an idea for the party. We could promise to buy high quality weapons for a select few in our army, to increase the security of our state, Ukraine. Whether to keep this promise...

Twin1
2008-04-27, 12:11 PM
Already on top of the CV and I got some food so I don't starve. Also it seems that the mayor of the city I'm in (Donetsk, Ukraine) got perm banned so that may be something to look into when elections come up.

Driderman
2008-04-27, 03:16 PM
Status update:

We have 15 party members, 15 employees at the food company and my newpaper has 15 subscribers ;)

With our growing numbers, I'd like people with gold to donate it to me so I can get the housing company running. We have enough people for both businesses now.
I'm 25 gold short and I'll also need large amounts of UAH as a house takes 200 productivity to create as opposed to the 1 productivity required for food. Which in short means I need cash to pay workers and keep myself fed while they work their skill up so houses can actually be produced and sold for profit.

Edit: Razvan Voico, Coffee Monkey, KitchenRoll, Hobnobz and Xan Banev are all real-life friends of mine and I'm thinking they're going to be my initial workforce as I keep in touch with them on a regular basis. Others are of course welcome too, but I'd like to skill them a bit before employing more people.
Situation is liable to change though

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-27, 03:32 PM
I suppose I could donate my ten gold, but I was saving that for the hospital stuff..I suppose house is important though

nothingclever
2008-04-27, 03:39 PM
I'm increasing Sartain/Driderman's salary from 1.8 to 9.6 and lowering other forum members pay to 1 to help raise money for his company.

This is only temporary.

ReluctantReaper
2008-04-27, 03:42 PM
Im sending you 10 gold right now.

Edit: also does anyone know how to find out who lives in your area?

Driderman
2008-04-28, 01:40 AM
The only way to find out who lives in your area seems to be the hard way: Checking it manually...

Thanks for the gold reluctantreaper, I only need 15 gold for that company now

nothingclever
2008-04-28, 08:04 PM
Lawl, made my first press release.
We really need to get a few more people to join before the election just in case something happens so we can definitely win.

Eita
2008-04-30, 07:34 AM
We're already the largest party, and the number of people in the party is higher then the amount of people who voted for the winning party last election.

Eita
2008-04-30, 05:20 PM
Alright, nothingclever, the company currently has a surplus of over 160 UAH. I think you can move our salaries back up to their previous level.

Also, why can't you just see every single company in your nation?

Vavaara
2008-04-30, 05:43 PM
My conquest of Greece is less than three work days away as I collect money for a moving ticket :smallbiggrin:

Driderman
2008-05-01, 04:04 AM
Sounds good Vavaara.

For the record, I'm STILL 15 gold short to create that housing company, so if anyone has any gold lying about don't hesitate to donate. You'll get priority for house :smallbiggrin:

Also, today is election day if anyone hadn't noticed.
Don't forget to vote for Giant In The Playground.

If you're unsure how, just go to your party page and click the red "Election day" link and you should be set to go

Eita
2008-05-01, 06:12 PM
Alright, congress, first thing to do is to use what gold the nation has to create the housing companies and hospitals. Now then, I may not be a fancy city congressman, and as such I am perfectly fine playing with the stereotype and making the weapons company.:smalltongue:

nothingclever
2008-05-02, 03:52 PM
I think it's important everyone knows I am allying Ukraine with Indonesia and its allies since Turkey proposed to a mutual protection pact with us today and I don't want Ukraine to support Sweden taking over everything because that would be very boring.

By the way what powers do you guys have as mayors?

Siosilvar
2008-05-02, 04:31 PM
I'm still in USA, will probably be here for the rest of the month unless someone can donate money.

I also subscribed to the magazine.

Eita
2008-05-02, 05:05 PM
I think it's important everyone knows I am allying Ukraine with Indonesia and its allies since Turkey proposed to a mutual protection pact with us today and I don't want Ukraine to support Sweden taking over everything because that would be very boring.

By the way what powers do you guys have as mayors?

We aren't mayors. We're congressmen.

Mayors are elected in the local elections.

nothingclever
2008-05-02, 09:02 PM
Whoops.

Anyways in the next few days I'm going to sign lots of mutual protection pacts so if we are attacked any country that wants to will be able to join in and defend us.

I've got pacts signed with Turkey, Indonesia and Romania so far today.

Eita
2008-05-02, 11:27 PM
I suggest you lower the citizenship tax. It currently is 100 UAH I believe. That means, the second you start playing in the Ukraine, you lose 100 bucks.

nothingclever
2008-05-03, 12:36 AM
The only taxes I see at my presidential area are on goods and they are all set at 1%. I also have the new citizen ship fee/amount citizens are paid set at $11 when they join in Ukraine. I haven't touched anything.

I've looked but I see no options to charge people to come here so I don't see how I'm charging them. I think you may be mistaking the new citizen fee as a fee for players when it is actually a fee for the government to pay new citizens. I could be wrong though.

By the way I am thinking of reducing income tax and added value tax to 0 so food really costs only $1 to buy and everyone makes exactly $1.

Driderman
2008-05-03, 01:57 AM
As congressmen, we have the power to vote against your proposals. Which is what I'll do if you suggest lowering taxes to none :smallwink:

ufo
2008-05-03, 03:43 AM
When are the local elections exactly? I can't find the place where it says it. Anyhow, am I still the only one in Kiev? Does that mean I'll automatically become our candidate for local elections there?

puppyavenger
2008-05-03, 08:21 AM
right, I'm still in canada, but I'll be in the Ukraine by thursday. Hurray for having an employer who gives me a raise every week!
Once I'm there I'll start begging for gold for the gift company.

Eita
2008-05-03, 01:50 PM
By the way I am thinking of reducing income tax and added value tax to 0 so food really costs only $1 to buy and everyone makes exactly $1.

If you do that I'll be forced to launch a coup against you in the party elections. Seriously, don't do that. It will end up hurting us more then helping us. Instead, use the tax revenue to buy gold which can then be used to create more companies.

nothingclever
2008-05-03, 02:39 PM
Well unless there are offers to trade gold in exchange for our currency we can't. Plus all money is pretty much coming from my business anyway since the others are inactive.

There isn't an option to buy gold using government funds either on my presidential section. If I could I already would have.
The only options regarding gold are to buy it if someone else is willing to trade it for our currency which no is doing or to use it to start a war.

I can only issue or burn regular money, not gold. It apparently has to come from people specifically.

Pretty much the only way I could get gold for us is to ask other countries for donations until new people join our country with gold.

You already are registered to run against me for party president and have been since I started the party even though I asked people not to so you might as well be trying a coup anyway not like it matters since the president doesn't have any power unless there are people in his country. Threatening to do something you are already doing isn't very meaningful.

Also my company never had 160 excess currency, it had at max about 60 mostly because of donations.
Currently it has 25.02 since no one is buying our excess food.

The one thing I might be able to do is get someone I know to invite his friends and so on but that's kinda what we were all supposed to do.

Studoku
2008-05-03, 03:03 PM
I'm finally in Kiev, Ukraine.:smallsmile:

My CV is in the CV listamyjig. Could someone hire me please?

Eita
2008-05-03, 03:12 PM
Well unless there are offers to trade gold in exchange for our currency we can't. Plus all money is pretty much coming from my business anyway since the others are inactive.

There isn't an option to buy gold using government funds either on my presidential section. If I could I already would have.
The only options regarding gold are to buy it if someone else is willing to trade it for our currency which no is doing or to use it to start a war.

I can only issue or burn regular money, not gold. It apparently has to come from people specifically.

Pretty much the only way I could get gold for us is to ask other countries for donations until new people join our country with gold.

You already are registered to run against me for party president and have been since I started the party even though I asked people not to so you might as well be trying a coup anyway not like it matters since the president doesn't have any power unless there are people in his country. Threatening to do something you are already doing isn't very meaningful.

Also my company never had 160 excess currency, it had at max about 60 mostly because of donations.
Currently it has 25.02 since no one is buying our excess food.

You can put up a trade offer. Just move the drop-down menu to make it say, "Buy: GOLD" and "Sell: UAH" or something else to that effect.

nothingclever
2008-05-03, 03:39 PM
No one will buy it.
Plus you can only put up personal offers.
The only trading you can do is setting up trade relations with another country and choosing the tax rate of goods.
In addition I cannot make any agreements at the moment because I already used my 2 agreements for x amount of time to set up mutual pacts with 2 countries.

Rockbird
2008-05-03, 04:41 PM
This game seems intriguing. Toss me an invite if you feel up to it.
erik.radman[at]hotmail[dot]com

And if i get one... what should i think about doing?

Twin1
2008-05-03, 06:44 PM

I'll give you one of my invites.

Studoku
2008-05-03, 07:24 PM

Start in Ukraine. Most of GitP is trying to take it over.

Vavaara
2008-05-03, 08:53 PM
My move to Greece has been finalized, and I am currently seeking out a job. Anyone wanna join me here, or shall I begin building from the ground up?

Eita
2008-05-04, 12:34 AM
@nothingclever: Then convert it to the currency of the number one country.

Rockbird
2008-05-04, 05:44 AM
I am in. Samuel Reaven's the name. My CV is in the list, employment, i beg you? :smalltongue:

nothingclever
2008-05-04, 12:28 PM
Btw: natni8 would like an invite.

Each day I send everyone new to the country a job offer that is on the list and you guys have them now.

Anyways today I offered Mutual Protection Pacts to Hungary and Austria since they are directly connected to us. Hopefully Sweden/Norway will not try to invade more countries after Germany and Russia since they've been having trouble with war system bugs and said they only wanted to "protect" themselves.

If they do attack us at least a few other countries can join in a war and fight them for us if they want to with the safety of knowing our country would be attacked first before moving on to them so it would give them an early start.

Twin1
2008-05-04, 01:30 PM
Btw: natni8 would like an invite.

I can send out an invite so if you or they want to shoot me their email I'll send them one.

Siosilvar
2008-05-05, 04:52 PM
Did someone send me a gift? I suddenly have 10 extra wellness.

nothingclever
2008-05-05, 07:04 PM
Romania just asked me if Ukraine would merge with it since Pakistan supposedly may try to take us over to get at Norway.

I said we'd rather risk our country in a war even if we lose rather than just hand it over. If enough people accept my MPPs then we might not get attacked at all even if that's Pakistan's plan. I really don't know but if we are taken over in a war at least I can complain about it being taken forcefully instead of freely offering it up to someone else who has no reason or ability to return it leaving me no reason to object later on.

I've also sent a message to the leader of Pakistan to see what he has to say.

Vavaara
2008-05-06, 06:15 PM
I've also sent a message to the leader of Pakistan to see what he has to say.

Wait... WHAT!?! YOU SENT A MESSAGE TO DIO BRANDO!?!

*Crawls into corner and rocks back and forth*

Let's hope they don't feel like snapping us up like a package of 1-star food...

Nibleswick
2008-05-06, 07:53 PM
So, how close are we to getting the company and other infrastructure upgraded?

Driderman
2008-05-07, 01:18 AM
Hmm, seems the Erepublik message service is down.
Looks like my invites are floundering instead of bringing me gold, so if I'm to create that housing company I'll need 15 gold.
Apparently, nobody else has any gold cause nobody is donating... But, there is 25 gold in the Ukrainian treasury.

I need that gold, Mr. President!

nothingclever
2008-05-07, 06:28 AM
I would if I could but there is no option to withdraw money. I think it is this way so the money can only be used to pay the 5 gold monthly tax for political parties.

Driderman
2008-05-07, 11:04 AM
You can't withdraw money from the treasury? Are you sure?
I'm talking about the national treasury here, not the party treasury.

I'm pretty sure I've read about several presidents who have emptied the national treasury to fill their own pockets

nothingclever
2008-05-07, 05:38 PM
I thought so too but all I see as options are issuing/burning money, setting fee payed for new citizens, setting taxes, trade agreements and protection pacts and war options.

Eita
2008-05-07, 08:14 PM
Three things.

1: Screen-cap?
2: Speaking of treasuries, if possible, could you empty the party treasury and upgrade the food company?
3: Alright, I'm not withdrawing from the party elections for one reason. There might be more positions in the party then just president and member. If there isn't, well, I'll vote for somethingclever and be done with it. If not, vote Mikal Nakoras for Party Treasurer/Secretary/Whatever!

puppyavenger
2008-05-09, 06:28 AM
okay, I'm in Kiev, a job/and or gold would be greatly apreiciated.

nothingclever
2008-05-10, 12:23 PM
Here are the screencaps Eita requested.
Anyways, today is the party election day and I'd appreciate it if you'd guys would vote for me again. :D

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/1186/option1js6.th.jpg (http://img115.imageshack.us/my.php?image=option1js6.jpg)
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9800/option2au4.th.jpg (http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=option2au4.jpg)
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/9900/option3bn0.th.jpg (http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=option3bn0.jpg)
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3482/option4ag5.th.jpg (http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?image=option4ag5.jpg)
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/5033/option5gg7.th.jpg (http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=option5gg7.jpg)
http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/7539/option6ue3.th.jpg (http://img366.imageshack.us/my.php?image=option6ue3.jpg)

Victor Thorian
2008-05-10, 02:08 PM
Oh hello, I would like to join if you are able to send an invite.
katilusak[at]gmail[dot]com

The name will be Victor Thorian hopefully.

edit: Allright,I've been claimed. Just so you don't waste your invitations. Starting at Kiev if I figure out how to do it, hehe.

edit2:Oh, started at Kiev, joined our glorious party, posted my CV. This isn't half as hard as I thought it would be.

puppyavenger
2008-05-10, 02:26 PM
Oh hello, I would like to join if you are able to send an invite.
katilusak[at]gmail[dot]com

The name will be Victor Thorian hopefully.

edit: Allright,I've been claimed. Just so you don't waste your invitations. Starting at Kiev if I figure out how to do it, hehe.

while, someone inited you.
Nothingclever, thanks for the job
now would anyone like to donate gold for the gift company?

nothingclever
2008-05-10, 02:43 PM
while, someone inited you.
Nothingclever, thanks for the job
now would anyone like to donate gold for the gift company?
How much gold do you have and how much can you get now?

We could start a gift service but Sartain has said that he only needs 15 gold now for a housing company.

If you can get 15 and he still has his 25 we can figure out what will be made today. I'd suggest you contact him if you know you can get get the funds soon.
I think a housing company would be good now since if everyone has a house we will all get 2 wellness a day instead of one guaranteed without needing to send each other anything each day. Once the company is upgraded to level 2 we will all get +1 wellness a day after working and training and we can just switch back to working in the food industry since we will all have all the houses we need. When we have more gold to upgrade housing we can switxh to that industry again to make new ones.

Victor Thorian
2008-05-10, 02:53 PM
If I invite someone and they accept I get 5 gold yes?
I can get 25gold no problem by this time tomorrow. Time to call pet girls friends.
To whom should I direct these funds Mr. Nothingclever?

puppyavenger
2008-05-10, 04:04 PM
How much gold do you have and how much can you get now?

We could start a gift service but Sartain has said that he only needs 15 gold now for a housing company.

If you can get 15 and he still has his 25 we can figure out what will be made today. I'd suggest you contact him if you know you can get get the funds soon.
I think a housing company would be good now since if everyone has a house we will all get 2 wellness a day instead of one guaranteed without needing to send each other anything each day. Once the company is upgraded to level 2 we will all get +1 wellness a day after working and training and we can just switch back to working in the food industry since we will all have all the houses we need. When we have more gold to upgrade housing we can switxh to that industry again to make new ones.

ohh, right now I've got no gold, pretty much spent all my money on te moving ticket, I'm fine with waiting.

nothingclever
2008-05-10, 08:47 PM
If I invite someone and they accept I get 5 gold yes?
I can get 25gold no problem by this time tomorrow. Time to call pet girls friends.
To whom should I direct these funds Mr. Nothingclever?
You are correct and you can direct them to me and I'll see that they get used where they are needed most.

Raiser Blade
2008-05-10, 10:05 PM
Can I play? I would like an invite.

[email protected]

Twin1
2008-05-12, 02:07 PM
Well it looks like Romania wants a piece of us regardless of the fact that their offer was not taken. While I wouldn't have agreed with their proposal it might have been nice to have put that option up for us to decide on instead of just turning it down immediately.

nothingclever
2008-05-14, 05:44 PM
There was really no point in agreeing with Romania. It would mean I declare war on it so Romania can take us over and then we have nothing and they would save money because it would cost them less to pay us 300 gold to start the war than the 900 gold it would cost them to start it.

The president says he'd "give our country back" after we join but that's impossible. Until they add a rebellion option you can't do anything to get your country back or let people take it back.

Anyways if we can get anyone to join now it would help to have more citizens in the war no matter how few they are since we'd look worth helping if we have more people and we get a big defensive bonus to increase our combat strength.

Bulgaria has signed a Mutual Protection Pact will us and Hungary may do so as well.
Turkey is doing an excellent job defending us but I have no idea how long this will last.

Eita
2008-05-14, 08:06 PM
I need gold and gifts.

My wellness is not high enough to join the defense, which annoys me to no end.

nothingclever
2008-05-14, 08:57 PM
I've posted a thread in the Friendly Banter section to try to recruit more people for our cause so I would ask that people check here a bit more often in case someone needs an invite.

Victor Thorian
2008-05-15, 02:45 AM
Agent reporting.
Well Turkish aren't too happy to protect us, but they think it's dishonorable if they don't act according to defence pact.
By the way, they see us as "a few americans having fun in east", I doubt they'd fight Romania if they gave the some hundreds of gold Turkei wanted.

Just read their forums and newspapers, being actually turkish and all.

DarkCorax
2008-05-15, 04:44 AM
I'm interested, could someone send me an invite at TheDarkCorax[at]Hotmail.co.uk

Nibleswick
2008-05-15, 06:17 AM
I'm on it. you should be able to get in now.

nothingclever
2008-05-15, 06:20 AM
Oh well, I'm just glad they are helping. They could've said no since they originally signed a pact with Romania first. Anyway I'm hoping I can get Hungary and some others to help Ukraine before we get completely taken over.

DarkCorax
2008-05-15, 06:22 AM
"This invitation is not valid. Please check the last one received. If you encounter any problems please contact us."

I get that when I click the link in the invitation...

Victor Thorian
2008-05-15, 09:59 AM
Well I've sent you one also, check spam folders etc. This invitation system is not the best there is =(

nothingclever
2008-05-15, 05:35 PM
Help is coming guys, not just from Turkey.

Ominous
2008-05-15, 07:51 PM
I'd like an invite. [email protected]

Bitzeralisis
2008-05-15, 09:30 PM
Invite, please! :smallbiggrin: [email protected]

puppyavenger
2008-05-16, 04:55 PM
Why are we in romania?

Victor Thorian
2008-05-16, 05:46 PM
We got pwnd in war, that's why.

Bitzeralisis
2008-05-16, 06:07 PM
Perhaps I can get my invite now? [email protected]. My thanks in advance.

Eita
2008-05-16, 07:34 PM
Could someone in another country just send me a moving ticket? I have about 9 UAH to pay it off. I grow tired of watching all I helped build be torn down. Perhaps I shall move to Turkey. They seem to be rather friendly there.

:smallfrown:

Victor Thorian
2008-05-16, 07:56 PM
I would not suggest moving to Turkei simply because you wouldn't understand a bit of what's going on if you don't know the language.

Bitzeralisis
2008-05-16, 08:34 PM
Gah, crap. I accidentally started in the US thinking that I was supposed to input my actual country... now I need to spend $30 US to buy a moving ticket.

Eita
2008-05-17, 12:47 AM
I would not suggest moving to Turkei simply because you wouldn't understand a bit of what's going on if you don't know the language.

It will be a really temporary thing. Just so I can get some extra money and move somewhere else. Really, I'm only going to Turkey because at least I know what's going on there.

Generic Archer
2008-05-17, 06:08 AM
i'll take an invite please, [email protected]

Generic Archer
2008-05-17, 07:05 AM
well, i'm in britain because ukraine wasn't an option....
will try and join you guys when i have enough cash together

Inanis
2008-05-17, 09:23 AM
Hello, I am inanis.
Immigration minister and diplomat of the bulgarian people.

Since our brotherland of Ukraine has been conquered by romania I've contacted Frank/Sartain and somethingclever ingame already to propose emigration to Bulgaria.

You are all very welcome here,
we have great plans, and all who cooperate with us will be set up with a Q1 house as soon as possible.

Woofsie
2008-05-17, 11:14 AM

LIC
2008-05-17, 11:20 AM

Invitation Sent

DarkCorax
2008-05-17, 12:27 PM
I'm in as Kyre Helvesa, I've taken a Job with one of the Romanian companies as I need some quick money, seeing as my Ukrainian money is now useless. But I'll move to a GiantITP company if I get an offer.

Inanis
2008-05-17, 03:12 PM
I hope we can can get you some sweet revenge on the romanians. :smallbiggrin:

Lюk
2008-05-17, 03:55 PM
A fight between Bulgarians and GitP vs Romanians?

A Scottish Slavophile, reporting for duty, sir!
[email protected]
For San Stefano! Vpered!

Generic Archer
2008-05-17, 09:38 PM
^^ invite sent... for everyone else, IC name is Jan Erickson

nothingclever
2008-05-17, 10:47 PM
I guess the best thing right now is to join Bulgaria or to stay in Romania and wait until the Rebellion feature is added so we can retake Ukraine.

I'm going to stay in Romania because I would prefer not to lose my food company or political party if we are successful in restoring Ukraine.

Moff Chumley
2008-05-18, 12:26 PM
I joined from the UAE (Dubai is currently THE place to be in the real world, so why not in game?) :smalltongue:

Invite at [email protected]/

Bitzeralisis
2008-05-18, 05:10 PM
I joined from the UAE (Dubai is currently THE place to be in the real world, so why not in game?) :smalltongue:

Invite at [email protected]/

Inviting complete.

EDIT: So, when I move to join the rest of us GitP peoples, where should I go?

Moff Chumley
2008-05-18, 05:59 PM
Okay, I put myself in Hungary accidentally. I meant to put somewhere else, but whatever... I gather that's where some of you people are, so that's okay. Thank you very much for inviting me, btw.

Bitzeralisis
2008-05-18, 06:14 PM
How do you join a company? Is the CV thingamabob the only way?

Inanis
2008-05-18, 08:12 PM
Yep, set your cv publik.

If you want to be sure you get a job simply fill in anything beneath 1.0
like 0.5.
It will change your demanded salary to 0.

And fear not, for a company cannot hire someone for nothing.

Eita
2008-05-18, 09:32 PM
Alright, guys, with my connections in Turkey, I've managed to... acquire 45 RON, just enough to buy a quality 1 moving ticket in Romania. Does anyone want it?

Szilard
2008-05-18, 09:36 PM
Okay, I put myself in Hungary accidentally. I meant to put somewhere else, but whatever... I gather that's where some of you people are, so that's okay. Thank you very much for inviting me, btw.

Dude, Hungary is awesome, stay there.

Zakama
2008-05-19, 05:03 PM
I would join if we tried to take over...
CANADA!
:smallbiggrin:That would be awesome.

Eita
2008-05-19, 08:16 PM
Alright, guys, with my connections in Turkey, I've managed to... acquire 45 RON, just enough to buy a quality 1 moving ticket in Romania. Does anyone want it?

Anyone? Anyone?

Inanis
2008-05-20, 05:22 AM
why don't you simply use it to move to bulgaria?

Freshmeat
2008-05-20, 06:52 AM
I'd like to join up for this, preferably to the country where the majority of you are currently located. (Bulgaria?)
Please be so kind as to invite me via [email protected].

Thanks in advance.

Bitzeralisis
2008-05-20, 04:18 PM
I'd like to join up for this, preferably to the country where the majority of you are currently located. (Bulgaria?)
Please be so kind as to invite me via [email protected].

Thanks in advance.

I'd be glad to earn myself some gold. :smalltongue:

Invited!

BTW: What happened to the GitP food company?

nothingclever
2008-05-20, 07:18 PM
It seems like we should all just move to Bulgaria. I've sold the GitP company because it had no employees after Ukraine was taken over and the prices of food in Romania were much better as well as the availability.

We can't really do anything in Romania until the Rebellion feature is added to the game and we have so few people compared to Romania's population that it is unlikely that we will be able to do much anyway.

If we don't go to Bulgaria we might as well go to Canada where the majority of people speak English and can't complain about "foreigners" the way the Romanians did even though we weren't even in their country.

Right now I'm pretty much just tired of all the drama and I'm going to Pakistan to see if I can order up a level 4 house for myself. I'll probably go to Canada afterwards since that's where I'm from and staying in Romania is just pointless.