PDA

View Full Version : Firefly DVDs

Pirate_King
2008-04-20, 03:08 PM
Weirdest thing happened. I bought the entire season a while back, and didn't actually get a chance to watch it until recently. Turns out I've got two disc 3's, I'm missing disc two. makes me sad, because its got three of my favorite episodes on it. Of course, every episode of Firefly is my favorite, but Safe, Jaynetown, and Our Mrs. Reynolds are awesome. I don't suppose anyone, by any chance, has the same problem, with two disc 2's, who could trade? I know its a long shot, but I thought I'd try.

Parvum
2008-04-20, 03:17 PM
Did you have any sort of guaruntee? Even if you don't, I'm sure there has to be some rule that states you can get angry at the manufacturer. At least call someone (preferably someone involved in the production of Firefly DVDs.)

And on a creepily related note, I just watched those exact episodes, stopped, and came to this thread. Mildly unnerving.

Player_Zero
2008-04-20, 03:26 PM
Well that sucks, huh?

I suppose going to the store and making a fuss would sort your problem out though. There's nothing making a fuss won't solve.

Also, Jaynetown is the best episode. Second is the hospital episode... What's everyone else's favourite?

Hazkali
2008-04-20, 04:46 PM
I like the first pilot episode just because it so wonderfully sets up the whole series, especially

the fact that what they're fighting over isn't gold, as it appears, but food bars- a wonderful twist, but also informative about the state of the frontier worlds.

RTGoodman
2008-04-20, 04:52 PM
Jaynestown, Ariel ("the hospital one"), and Out of Gas are my favorite. Out of those three, it's hard to pick a favorite, though I think Jaynestown is best for the comedy and Out of Gas for the drama.

EDIT: Oh, and The Message. And also the pilot. And Objects in Space. Really, I like all the episodes, but I don't particularly care for Heart of Gold or The Train Job.

Icewalker
2008-04-20, 05:05 PM
Hard time to pick...I categorize them into three categories, really:

Awesome: Bushwacked, Safe, Out of Gas, Heart of Gold

Freaking Amazing: Serenity, The Train Job, Ariel, Trash, The Message, Objects in Space

Shiny (Best, of course): Shindig, Our Mrs. Reynolds, Jaynestown, War Stories

As a footnote, the reason I put Out of Gas into the 'lowest' category is because as an individual episode it isn't that great, but it provides background that makes all the other episodes that much better. But to watch: not the best. Never really liked Safe much.

Single best scene, IMO, is a hard decision between the swordfight in Shindig (containing one of the best lines in the series) and the torture scene of War Stories.

Best line or quick exchange...also a hard one:
"Mercy is the mark of a great man...*stab* Guess I'm just a good man. *Stab* Well, I'm alright."

"Preacher, don't the bible have some pretty specific things to say about killin'?"
"Quite specific. It is however somewhat fuzzier on the subject of...kneecaps."

*Tense moment*
"What'yall order a dead guy for?"

And several others I don't fully remember...I haven't watched Firefly in a few months, I need to again. Also this means some of my opinions are out-of-date from memory, as I don't remember the little details of some, like Ariel and The Train Job too well.

Pirate_King
2008-04-20, 05:27 PM
I got it used, I'm sure it was just an issue of the cashier putting the wrong discs in the cover box thing and me being stupid and not checking it.

Book: "If you take advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater." - (our mrs. reynolds)

I'm easily going to that special hell. For the second part, that is.

Brickwall
2008-04-20, 05:29 PM
Guys, I know that everyone loves Firefly (even people who haven't watched it, they just don't know it yet), but this is a thread about helping P_K get disc 2. If you want to talk about your favorite episodes and quotes, that goes in Media Discussion.

Meantime, yes, I'd suggest first trying the store you bought it from, then if they can't help you, the publishing (or whatever) company. Larger ones would rather send you a free $50 box set to replace the faulty one instead of losing tons of customers due to the bad rep they'd get for cheating you out of the product proper.

EDIT: Oh, you got it used. Yes, just ask the store. I'm sure they'll take the exchange if they came seperate in the first place.

BRC
2008-04-20, 06:06 PM
*Tense moment*
"What'yall order a dead guy for?"

Best. Line. Ever.

RS14
2008-04-20, 07:35 PM
Also, you can watch all the episodes (with ads, but apparently legally) at hulu.com. Not really the same, but it's there.

No, I am not affiliated with them in any way.