PDA

View Full Version : Baldur's Gate WW : Deeper Shadows of Amn(recruiting).

Mordokai
2008-04-20, 03:41 PM
Narrated by: Yours truly
Co-narrated by: Kantur

Welcome to the Werewolf version of popular game Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn (http://www.bioware.com/games/shadows_amn/). In honor of what I think to be greatest game of all times, I decided to run a werewolf version of it. So, if you enjoyed this game like I did, join now and hopefuly you'll have fun. For those of you who don't know the game, go buy it and play it! You wont regret it. However, if that is too much for you, you can read the basics here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldur%27s_Gate_II:_Shadows_of_Amn)(spoilers aplenty). The game itself takes place in Faerun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faerun), a place of high magic, powerful mages and crafty thieves. Dangerous foes and monsters roam the land and heroes are always needed to put them where they belong.

The story takes place around Bhallspawn. For the game purposes, the main story will be somewhat arranged to fill the game itself. Also, we'll be moving away from canon Baldur's Gate in term of certain game quests. This is done solely to make the game run smoother. Hopefuly, we'll still be able to catch the spirit of the game.

The rules and roles:

Villager roles:

Minsc(Baner): You're a little slow, but good hearted ranger, defender of good and butt kicker of evil. As such, you can protect any person for which you believe to be good during the night. That person is immune to night kills. This is done by PMing the narrators. You scan as Minsc.

Imoen(Seer): You're Imoen, one of he more powerful Children of Bhall, a seasoned thief and an accomplished mage. Your powers enable you to find out the real identity of one of the other players during the night. This is done by PMing the narrators. You scan as Imoen, but Biff will always see you as Biff.. If you are scryed by Melissan you scan as Child of Bhaal.

Biff the Understudy(Fool): You're Biff, well meaning villager but an incompetent one. Due to a blow to the head too many you think you're Imoen. You can scry player by night, this is done by PMing the narrators. Unless you scan Imoen your results will always come back random.

Aerie and Haer'Dalis(Lovers): You two are proof that love knows no bounds. Despite utterly different view of the world you still love each other. You start the game by knowing each other. If you decide to point at the same person your votes count as triple. If one of you is killed the other is overtaken by grief and takes drastic measures:

Aerie: Leave him alone!- protect the chosen player by the day(day baner). This is done by PMing the narrators during the previous night.

Haer'Dalis: Oblivion!:- night kill every two nights. This is done by PMing the narrators. If the choosen target is protected by Minsc this will fail but the ability is wasted and Haer'Dalis must wait another two nights before atempting again.

Keldorn Firecam, Valygar Corthala, Anomen Delynr, Cernd(Masons): You are experienced adventurers, banded together, knowing that you must stop Irenicus and Bodhi, or the world will pay a price. You start a game by knowing each other. But beside defeating the creatures of darkness you all have your own mission.

Keldorn Firecam- being paladin, you strive to get the world rid of evil. You can use the power granted to you by your patron, Torm, to detect evil in peoples. Once per night, you send PM to narrators, telling them on which player you want to use this ability. You will only get to know if said player is evil or not, not their role.

Valygar Corthala- your ghoulish ancestor Lavok has returned to Athkatla. You must find him and protect him against the demon that hunts him. Every night, you send PM to narrators, telling them which player you want to scry. Due to your bloodline with Lavok you will recognise him if you scry him. You only get a positive or negative response, that is, you know if scryed player is Lavok or not. Once you find Lavok you can decide to bane him against the demon. If you do so any attempt of demonic possession will fail. This ability only works on Lavok.

Anomen Delynr- son of a wealthy merchant, you seek to become knight of The Order of Mos Radiant Heart. To that extent, you have proven yourself ubtil now, but the death of your sister has pushed you of this road for the time being. You must find her murderer and you had, in your father's rival, Saerk Farrahd. You must bring Saerk to justice and to that extent, you can scry one player every night and gain the positive or negative result.

Cernd- a shapeshifter druid, you work on preserving nature's balance whenever and wherever you can. Sadly, because of your lycanthropic nature you are seen as evil most and vastly misunderstood. As such, you scry as Creature of the night, should you be scryed by Imoen.

Villagers: You are simple villagers, found yourself in the midst of all this madness. Your only goal is to survive. You point at a person who yu think needs to be lynced. This is done in red text. Some of you carry the curse of Bhaals divine heritage, others are evil. You may even be both. Still, your only goal is to survive.

Neutral(fairly) roles:

Sarevok(Lone wolf): You are one of the strongest of the children of the dead god Bhaal. A powerful warrior, you know how to defend yourself. You endure where others would fail. As such, you can survive one night attack by Bodhi and her vampires. If you're to be lynched during the day you take take the last player who voted for you down with you(beast role). You win by surving to the end. You win absolute win by seeing all of your siblings and Melissan dead. If you are scryed by Keldorn you detect as evil. If you are scryed by Melissan you scan as Child of Bhaal.

Melissan: A priestesess of Bhaal, you live to destroy all of the Bhaalspawn. You get a night scry which you use by sending a PM to the narrators. This only tells you if the scryed player is a Child of Bhaal, but not their role. You win by surviving to the end of the game. You win absolute game if all of the Children are dead. Imoen and Sarevok are inclued into this. You are scried as evil if scried by Keldorn.

Extra planar demon: You are demon from another plane, coming to the Material Plane by the help of Lavok. He somehow managed to escape your clutches and out of the sphere, hiding among the villagers. You get one scry per night which you can use by sending PM to the narrators. You will only get a positive response if you scry Lavok, since you know his soul, being connected to him some time ago. When you find Lavok, you can attempt to posses him. If he is not protected by Valygar you will succed. When this happens you two share the same body, but can still point separately. Should you decide to point at the same person however, your voice counts at triple power. You scan as Evil before and after you posses Lavok, if scried by Keldorn. You win by surviving the game. You win absolute win if you manage to posses Lavok. However, if you posses Lavok and he gets killed you are killed as well.

Lavok: You are the ghoul that has been hounting the Corthala family for half a millenia, prolonging your life with their blood. You are the maker of the Planar Sphere. After five hundred years you have returned to Athkakla, under a possession of a powerful demon. Being an accomplished mage, you somehow managed to brake his control and escape out of the Sphere. You hid yourself beetwen the general populace. But the demon is hunting you and you know it. You get one scry per night which can be used by sending PM to the narrators. Unless you scry Valygar or demon by it your result will always be “Villager“. You don't scan as evil if scryed by Keldorn, unless you're possessed by a demon. When that happens you scry as evil. If that happens you can still point to different person tahn a demon, but if you choose to point at the same person your vote power counts as triple. You win by surviving the game, possessed or not.

Saerk Farrahd: You are one of the many succesful merchants, operating in the City of coin. You have always been at odds with Delnry family which has led to you murdering Anomen's sister, Moira. Now, you live in fear of Anomen finding you. You have one scry per night, which you can use by sending a PM to the narrators. The scry will only reveal to you if player is Anomen or not. You scry as evil if scried by Keldorn.

Creatures of night(Werewolves):

Jon Irenicus(Alpha): You are incredibly talented elven mage that has been banished from elven lands because of your crimes against Tree of Life. You have traveled to Athkatla with your sister, Bodhi, where you have managed to make yourself an army of undead with which you intend to make first step towards reclaiming what you see as rightfuly yours. With your knowledge of magic you can determine true allegiance of any player. This is done by sending a PM to the narrators. Due to your high charisma you manage to pass yourself as villager and anybody scrying you will see you as such. However, even you cannot hide your soul from the gods. As such, if scried by Keldorn, you will be seen as Evil, but your role won't be revealed.

Bodhi: Irenicus's sister, you've soughted resolution in undeath. You've become a vampire and as such you are incredibly useful to your brother since you command a cadre of undead. Your vote counts as triple, if you and Valen point at same person. Also, if you manage to kill Imoen you get two extra recruitments because the power of the dead god courses in you. This only works if you kill Imoen at night, not if she gets lynched. If you do manage to kill Imoen at night the extra recruitments can only be used on villagers. Trying to infect a power role or any of the Neutral roles will attempt in failed recruitment. You scan as Evil if scried by Keldorn.

Valen: Bodhi's first and most trusted vampire, you serve your mistress with unpararelled vigilance. If you and your mistress point at same person your vote power counts as three votes. You scan as Evil if scried by Keldorn.

Fledling Vampires: You are the poor wretches that Bodhi has managed to infect with curse of vampirism since her arrival. You serve her, more out of fear than lojalty. You scan as Evil if scried by Keldorn.

New rules

This game will include a couple of extra thing that haven't been used in WW games before(at least not to my knowledge). They are as following:

Children of Bhaal: During Times of Trouble, Bhaal walked the earth as mortal, making sure he would be able to return later. He spawned several children which were to be sacrificed to enable his return. You are one of them. Melissan sees you as such, but otherwise you are perfectly normal person.

Evil: You are one of those people that only looks after himself. You try to benefit from others misfortune or are just having fun when something bad happens to the others. You are either a thief, a murderer, a corrupt clerc... it doesn't really matter. Keldorn sees you as evil, but otherwise you are perfectly normal looking individual.

Imoen and Sarevok are always Child of Bhaal, Sarevok also starts as evil. Wolves are always evil. This will be randomly tallied beetwen villagers, so a villager can be an evil Bhaalspawn, a Bhaalspawn or just evil. Or a plain villager. The amount of each will be decide on players that decide to play.

I'm looking for 40 players, even more if possible, but 30 is the least I'll be taking. Should I not get enought people before May 18(the end of recruitment) I simply won't be running this game.

Some rules are still open to discussion, especially the Cernd "special power". It only makes this harder for Imoen to locate masons. One solution is I make wolves blind, but that would make it too hard on them. In any case, should anybody have any solution or proposition, send a PM to me and Kantur and we can take it from there.

Player list:
Shadowcaller
Freshmeat_
Ranna
xNadia
Fin
Aemoh
Atreyu the Masked LLama
Stu42
banjo1985
Deimos Hellfire
Theork
hap_hazard
Zar Peter
Emperor Demonking
Doseki
Alpharius
Fleeing Coward
Mustiado
FujinAkari
Helgraf
Cristo Meyers
DivaDe21
The Bushranger
dallas-dakota
Lizard Lord
I'm Da Rogue!
Yspoch
WrstDmEvr
Vaeryne
ArtifexFelicis
V.Z.
lamech
Zombie Pixe
DemonicAngel
Gezina
EagleWiz
pingcode20
Griever
Forum Explorer

Shadowcaller
2008-04-20, 04:01 PM
Well I just have to sign up to this game too.

Freshmeat
2008-04-20, 04:07 PM
In by default.

Ranna
2008-04-20, 05:19 PM
can i play too please?

Nychta
2008-04-20, 05:58 PM
I'm in, but I'm going to have to follow those links you kindly provided, so I know the setting.

Fin
2008-04-20, 06:08 PM
How strange a game that will actually involve elves and magic and stuff.

*Looks at rest of forum*

I don't know if this is really my scene...

*slaps self*

Wait a minute, yes it is!

In, with Cake!

Aemoh
2008-04-20, 10:56 PM
In, says I.

Though truth be told, I never finished the game. Just couldn't get into it *shrugs*

Strange, giving that I rather enjoyed KotoR I & II, and their kinda similar in gameplay. Not to mention Neverwinter Nights I & II. *shrugs again*

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2008-04-20, 11:45 PM
Sure. I loved BG, even if I didn't finish it.

Studoku
2008-04-21, 02:45 AM
I'm in, despite the fact that Boo isn't mentioned in the character list.

banjo1985
2008-04-21, 04:47 AM
In, though I know nothing about BG....to wikipedia!

Deimos Hellfire
2008-04-21, 05:04 AM
In to please!

Theork
2008-04-21, 05:10 AM
May I also join the fray?
Let much dandy sword fighting, Derring-do and swinging from chandaliers commence!
I'm going to magic missle y'all into the nine-hells! :smallwink:

hap_hazard
2008-04-21, 06:13 AM
In. Again.

Zar Peter
2008-04-21, 08:49 AM
Yes, in. And white text as filler

Emperor Demonking
2008-04-21, 10:11 AM
Sign me up.

Doseki
2008-04-21, 11:44 AM
IN. White text is awesome

Mordokai
2008-04-21, 05:25 PM
Fifteen players in one day? I like what I'm seeing here :smallbiggrin: Keep up people, there is still plenty of space left.

Alpharius
2008-04-21, 05:51 PM
Sign me up, please!

Fleeing Coward
2008-04-21, 06:35 PM
In 10chars

Mustiado
2008-04-21, 10:16 PM
...ZOMG.

"Go for the eyes, boo. GO FOR THE EYES! EARGH!"

In.

FujinAkari
2008-04-21, 11:32 PM
I loved BG2! I am SO all over this! With chocolate sprinkles!

Helgraf
2008-04-21, 11:49 PM
Can we assemble the Big Metal Unit?

(Ahh hell ... I'll give it a go.))

Cristo Meyers
2008-04-22, 08:01 AM

...resisting...

...must resist...too much work...

...damn...you...

...in...

Diva De
2008-04-22, 01:30 PM
Cristo, I SWEAR I'm not stalking you.

But I'm in too, that is, if Mordokai can stand me. :smallwink:

The Bushranger
2008-04-22, 02:13 PM
*is totally not a stalker*

I'm in.

Mordokai
2008-04-22, 02:20 PM
De, if you wouldn't join this yourself I'd drag you in kicking and screaming :smallwink:

Helgar, I very much doubt it. But you may find golden pantaloons :smallbiggrin:

I'm very pleased with how this is going. If the trend continues we may start the game sooner than expected :smallsmile:

Cristo Meyers
2008-04-22, 02:23 PM

Who couldn't stand you?

Of course, put the two of us together, that can cause issues

*runs before Mordokai can release the hounds on me*

Theork
2008-04-22, 02:38 PM
But you may find golden pantaloons :smallbiggrin:

Washed and ironed, else breakfast is free!:smallwink:

Mordokai
2008-04-22, 02:52 PM
Who couldn't stand you?

Of course, put the two of us together, that can cause issues

*runs before Mordokai can release the hounds on me*

I swear, if Cristo debacle makes apperance here as well the hounds will be the least of your worries :smalltongue:

@Theork: you have yourself a deal!

Cristo Meyers
2008-04-22, 02:58 PM
I swear, if Cristo debacle makes apperance here as well the hounds will be the least of your worries :smalltongue:

@Theork: you have yourself a deal!

Hey, you can hardly blame that on me.

Though you're right, hounds would be the least of my worries since a Cristo Debacle invariably ends with my lynching...

...I'll behave

Dallas-Dakota
2008-04-22, 03:03 PM
Must resist...

Ugh, Iīm in, even though I have a serious lack of time, and that I donīt know Baldurīs Gate, I know NWN (2) and Faerun though, does that help any?
(And obviously, I know DnD)

*runs in*
*kisses Diva*
*looks around if anybody is around*
*kisses Diva some more if not*
*runs if yes*

FujinAkari
2008-04-22, 05:04 PM

Oy... the game hasn't even started you two!

hussy...

Lizard Lord
2008-04-22, 08:00 PM
I'm in, despite the fact that Boo isn't mentioned in the character list.

What he said.

The Bushranger
2008-04-22, 08:48 PM
*slips a mickey into Cristo's drink*
:smalltongue:

Cristo Meyers
2008-04-22, 08:56 PM
you're soooo going to regret saying that when you meet my character...

The Bushranger
2008-04-22, 09:00 PM
*raises eyebrow*
Bring it on.
:smallamused:

Cristo Meyers
2008-04-23, 07:25 AM
If there was ever a smile that proved that loverboy here was horns, it's the one on my face right now.

Be afraid, Bushranger, be afraid. :smallwink:

I'm da Rogue!
2008-04-23, 07:52 AM
You already know I'm in, I just confirm it here.

Mordokai
2008-04-23, 04:06 PM
While I'm very pleased with how many players we've got in such a short time I think a little more publishment won't hurt. So if you have a friend that liked playing Baldur's Gate or is just new to WW games but would like to try them, invite them. Everybody is welcome here. While there is still plenty of time left, so are a lot of places :smallsmile: And I really wouldn't mind having 40+ players.

Theork
2008-04-23, 04:18 PM
I think I can get another two people to join, although neither are familiar with Baldurs gate (Poor fools!:smallwink: ).

Yspoch
2008-04-25, 01:28 AM
Against better judgment I'm in! :smallwink:

I did play a little bit of Baldurs gate but my memories are a little bit (read:very!) hazy. I think I remember Boo and that the first quests involved running errants (Bring me my sword! etc.). Right? :smallredface:

Mordokai
2008-04-26, 12:34 PM
27 players confirmed. While this is very good I would like at least three players more. Come on people, the more, the merrier :smallwink:

Shadowcaller
2008-04-26, 12:37 PM
27 players confirmed. While this is very good I would like at least three players more. Come on people, the more, the merrier :smallwink:

Completly agree:smallsmile:.
Can not wait to get his game started.
Also I have already signed up so do not sign me up again Mordokai, I myself have done that misstake in the past...

WrstDmEvr
2008-04-29, 07:28 PM
In, please, if it's not too late.

Shadowcaller
2008-04-30, 12:34 AM
Think just Helgraf stole this games classic quote for vampire:smallwink:.

Vaeryne
2008-04-30, 05:38 PM
I'm in, definitely. Sounds pretty awesome in my point of view.

ArtifexFelicis
2008-04-30, 07:06 PM
Dear Gods above and below I loved that game.

I'm in if there's room.

Mordokai
2008-05-01, 02:12 AM
Welcome to last three players. Yes, there is still place left so you're all accepted. With your addition we now have 30 players, which was the minimum number I wanted :smallsmile: However, I will keep the recruitment up for a week or more, in case any more players would be willing to join the game.

V.Z.
2008-05-01, 02:51 AM
I'd like to join in, but I'm not very (read: not at all) familiar with WW games.

Mordokai
2008-05-01, 03:37 AM
Rules are in the first post, you can read them there. Granted, they are a little tweaked for the purposes of the game, but you can read the rules of Werewolf classic here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55990), in the first post made by Shadow. And if you have any more questions, you can always send me a PM. I'll be glad to clarify anything that you don't understand.

V.Z.
2008-05-01, 01:59 PM
Thanks! Hmm, I think it's clear to me now. Count me in! :smallbiggrin: And do let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

Lamech
2008-05-01, 03:24 PM
Ooo Pick me! Pick me! Pick me!

(In)

Mordokai
2008-05-01, 06:09 PM
32 players! Can I get three more? Or even more? Time will tell, but I'm happy to see this much interest. I'll start writing opening scene soon and once that is up we can start the game :smallsmile: In the mean time, join one, join all!

Zombie pixe
2008-05-02, 10:02 AM
*Aims to get at least one decent role in a WW game this month!*

In :smallsmile:

DemonicAngel
2008-05-02, 10:43 AM
i'll try. lets get this game started now, shall we?

Mordokai
2008-05-04, 02:37 PM
OK people, at the moment, we have the following situation:

34 players have signed up. This is great number and all I asked for. However, there are still people which I would like to see them join the game or I think they would enjoy it. Because of that, I'll send a few PM's out to them and hopefully, they'll join. I'm firm believer of the more the merrier credo :smallsmile:

Rules and certain roles need to be tweaked a little bit. Hopefully, me and Kantur can fix everything in due time. When that is done, I'll post again with all the changes we have made. This will be easier on you, so you won't have to read all rules and roles description once again.

I'll check up the schedule and barring any problems(like crashing with other games) we can start this game no later than Friday, May 9th. On that day, I'll sent out all the roles post up the game thread.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-05-04, 03:23 PM
Cool.

*hopes to get a decent roll and not screw up*

InaVegt
2008-05-04, 03:46 PM
I am in!

EagleWiz
2008-05-04, 07:24 PM
Ill join up.

pingcode20
2008-05-05, 04:42 AM
Sure, why not? I'm in.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-05-05, 12:27 PM
37 players! 3 more and we will have reached Mordokai's original goal of amount of players!

V.Z.
2008-05-07, 01:28 PM
Ooh! Less than two more days and it'll get started! Yay! :smallbiggrin: Also, I found this Baldur's Gate II music compilation on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDYEGDrO0mU&feature=related
Ah, sweet nostalgia! Perhaps a nice way to already get in the mood a bit. :smallsmile:

Alpharius
2008-05-08, 12:50 PM
Last day! Why does it always drag out?

Griever
2008-05-08, 10:10 PM
Still room for a recent lynch in Vampire now that the start date's been pushed back abit? ((Utterly ignorant about Baldur's Gate, will have to read up some))

Forum Explorer
2008-05-09, 03:23 PM
Hopefully it's not too late.

I'm in.

This was a great game but why did you leave Jan out? :smalltongue:

Mordokai
2008-05-09, 06:44 PM
Welcome you two! Yeah, you're both in as start of the game has been postponed. Sorry to let everyone who is not keeping up with the whole thing, but Mafia starts on more or less same time as I intended to start this game. It will start on May 14/15 instead.

As for Jan, I find him annoying :smalltongue: You can always decide to roleplay hun, but I wouldn't bet on you surviving long in that case :smallsmile:

Cristo Meyers
2008-05-10, 08:57 AM
As for Jan, I find him annoying :smalltongue: You can always decide to roleplay hun, but I wouldn't bet on you surviving long in that case :smallsmile:

Hey! I've got dibs on first death! :smallmad: :smallwink:

Mordokai
2008-05-13, 10:10 AM
As of now, recruitments are closed! We have 39 players, which is, to be honest, more than I expected. I'm happy with this and am looking forward to the game. Should any more players want to join from now on, they can send me a PM and they will be added to a reserve list, taking the role of the first autolynched player.

I'll start allocating the roles in the next few hours and set up the game thread in next 24 hours. When the game starts, you will all receive your role PM, together with the link to the game thread. The game will have standard 48 hours day phase, followed by a 24 hours night phase. First day will probably be extended a little. Also, I'll ask everybody to ask rules again once the game starts, since there have been a few changes to them.

Thanks for coping with me people. Hopefully, you'll enjoy the game :smallsmile:

Mordokai
2008-05-14, 07:43 AM
All the roles have been sent out. If you haven't gotten a PM, send me one as soon as possible and I'll get your role to you. I'll have the game thread up in few hours, once I find as many grammar mistakes as possible in my opening post. There will be some, but I can at least get rid of many of them as possible :smalltongue: I'll post link to game thread here once that is done.

Fleeing Coward
2008-05-14, 07:53 AM
*Slices open the narrator and eats his heart*
((Just getting used to my character :smallbiggrin:))

Shadowcaller
2008-05-14, 08:06 AM
*Slices open the narrator and eats his heart*
((Just getting used to my character :smallbiggrin:))

We narrators should band together against the evil chicken:smallannoyed:.
Damn conspiracy theories...

Mordokai
2008-05-14, 08:16 AM
Game thread can be found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80483)!

*smites FC, just because he can*

Damn chicken.