PDA

View Full Version : Play as an Ood!

curtis
2008-04-20, 03:51 PM
The Ood race.

-2 Charisma, +2 Wisdom
Medium: As Medium creatures, Ood have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Ood base land speed is 20 feet. However, Ood can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations).
Hivemind.
-2 Will save
Automatic Language: None. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.
Favoured class: Any.

Heliomance
2008-04-20, 04:17 PM
Not sure about those sta adjustments - how on earth do you make out that the Ood have a positive CHA mod? no, I think i's more likely to be +1Wis, -1CHA. Also, I think mental communication might be better being replaced by Hivemind. Nor do they get Common as a standard language - in their natural state, they can communicate by telepathy only.

TheLogman
2008-04-20, 06:12 PM
Generally, odd additions and subtractions to abilities are discouraged, as they have varying effects depending on the player's abilties. They make a 17 into an 18, which would change the bonus from +3 to +4, but they make a 16 into a 17, changing nothing. I suggest changing them to a +2 and -2 instead.

In addition, I agree about the Wis Charisma switch. As memebers of the Hivemind, they should have a higher Wisdom, but do to their terrible personalities and grossness, their Charisma should drop.

SoD
2008-04-21, 11:05 AM
Generally, odd additions and subtractions to abilities are discouraged

An odd ood? That's...ood.

MorkaisChosen
2008-04-21, 12:04 PM
Alternatively, 8 RHD, 7 LA Abberations with 100ft telepathy, 4 tentacle attacks, Improved Grab, Extract, Mind Blast at will, Psionics...

Yeah, maybe not.

Like this, but I think it could do with a few more racial abilities.