PDA

View Full Version : Wastes of Shello - Group 2

Pages : 1 [2]

Ellas Aramond
2008-09-27, 08:25 PM
"This entire land is plagued." the bird-like woman says angrily, looking down upon the beast. "Best get started then."

After a quick prayer to her god, the light of divine fire illuminates the area as the divine magic falls towards the undead.

Casting another purified flame strike.

[roll0]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-09-28, 06:26 PM
OOC: Um, crap... slight delay. I can't seem to find my copy of Libris Mortis. Give me a little bit and I'll find it.

The Demented One
2008-10-01, 09:05 PM
The labcoat-adorned interloper keeps playing his song, the strange melody of steam and cogs pulsing in an atonal cascade. In his strumming hand, he also holds a strange implement, seemingly like a hand crossbow, but made of sleek reflective metal, and lacking any cross-arms or bolt. As the Doctor plays, he mutters to himself.

"Let's see. Somewhere around two thousand kilograms, if it's just humanoid bone, surface area of...bollocks, I don't know. Assuming a fixed range beam with the polarity reversed, it should take just a little bit of–"

Mid-strum, he lifts the silver implement, points it at the undead, and pulls the trigger. A beam of green light lances out from the death ray, aimed straight for the mass of bones.

OOC

Swift action to maintain bardic music.

Firing the death ray, expending a 4th-level infusion to power it. DC 21.

Ranged Touch Attack
[roll0]

Damage (Failed Save)
[roll1]

Damage (Successful Save)
[roll2]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-10-01, 09:55 PM
The holy fire fires down from the mist above the beast like the wrath of the gods. The beast roars and it's bones are singed and some fall off in crumbles. It bellows in an unholy way yet again.
Once the green beam of light collides with the bones of the creature aswell, and much of the body falls apart into ash. Suddenly, though, bones begin to rip themselves up from the ground and reabsorbs into the body of the monster. It suddenly lurches forward, roar not in pain, but in aggression.
It's jaws latch around the body of the half-devil that stands before him, having previously sliced a bit of it's bones off of it. Blood drains down his already red body and suddenly you hear a sick cracking as he shouts in sheer agony((24 damage, 5 Str damage, 6 Dex damage and 9 Con damage, he's also grappled)). The creature then pulls it off the ground, the fiend bound in the bone creatures jaws.

Gale's Turn.

Adumbration
2008-10-02, 12:25 AM
Deciding that this battle perhaps requires few protective measures, Gale changes the spell he is weaving in mid-stride. Suddenly [roll0] images of Gale appear around him, and they mingle in each other, hiding the original one.

Casting mirror image.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-10-11, 06:27 PM
The beast doesn't seem to notice the new images of Gale sprout up as Astrus charges the beast with sword in hand. The shining blade seems to shine even more as it's own holy light seems to be suffused into it. The blade swings several times, but only his second strike hits the beast, cracking more bone from the creature's body.

Derham's turn.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-10-11, 06:44 PM
"This ends now. Great and just Adamus, grant me the power to rid the world of this foul creature before it can spread more fear and taint." Derham speaks his short prayer then lunges at the foul creature, diving to the ground and rolling across the dirt, only to spring up at the very end, his fist crashing into the creature's bones, sending blinding flashes of red and white flames from his fists into the undead snake.

Move 20ft, then tumble 20ft
[roll0] tumble check
[roll1] Attack Roll
[roll2] Half fire, half divine damage
[roll3] Fist Damage, considered a +3 weapon, and good (not sure how I typed 69, I meant 6, so -63 damage)
+15 damage from smite
[roll4] Nimbus damage

125 damage total

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-10-11, 06:55 PM
The hellbred warriors runs and then dodges through the reach of the beast as it bellows at Astrus' attack against it. The unarmed warrior then leaps forward at it with fist held back, which then thrusts forward and connects with the monster's nose. Light seems to shine through the crack on the tip of it and surges through it's entire body suddenly. It then explodes in a rain of now bleached bone-fragments and from it's core there's a shell of golden light that expands outward quickly which seems to crack a small crater in the ground right below it. All of this seems to ripple the air and give a deafening rumble.

750 XP each.

Regord_Silentflame
2008-10-12, 06:41 PM
Derham plants himself fermly back on the ground, the bleached bones scattering about him. He brushes some cracked bone off his fist, and turns around, taking sight of the rest of the group Are you all alright? Does anyone need some aid?

Jack Mann
2008-10-13, 10:31 PM
"Nes...turion shall need-some restoration, but I... can hannndle that. There may also... be-more of these creatures. Boneyards, they're-called. Should we encounter... any more, avoid close contact, as I said. It-gets very messy. The tiny... animals. That I spoke-of. Dirty things. Disease. They cause it, like I said. You can't see it, but I... can, and it's a problem, I-tell you." He looked at the bones. "I... apologize. I ramble. The... most important thing-is that these creatures... like to remove bones from others. Unfortunate. One should... endeavor to keep one's internal skeletal system... internal. Barring arthropods, natur...ally. Lacking any-insects in our group... or spiders, better to work at-a distance. Yes? Yes." He then walked up to Nesturion. He pulled out a bar of soap, wet it with a cloth, and cleaned a portion of the half-fiend's shoulder. He placed his hand on the spot and began to mutter. "The positive energy plane... is one of the building-blocks. Essential elements. Balance with the higher planes, the-outer, and you have... the Prime. Touch here, and... shift!" A warm light spread from his hand to Nesturion's wounds, soothing them, smoothing them away. His bones, broken and deformed by the boneyard's pull, began to reform themselves, until they were once again in the proper shape. This was possibly a painful experience, but a brief one, as Nesturion's body became whole once again.

Whoops, forgot that heal can fix ability damage. One fixer-upper coming up!

The Demented One
2008-10-14, 10:44 PM
The stranger holsters his death ray at his waist, and slings his bizarre steam-lute over his back. He stretches out two hands clad in long, black gloves, and begins clapping vigorously.

"Oh, fantastic! Well done all of us, a great victory for Science!" He kneels over the remains of the undead hulk, and begins examining them, sifting shards of bone through his fingers. "If I could just recompose the necromantic matrix over a phased-spell array, integrate the differential point charge of mana over the metaphysical surface....with a quick bit of necrocalculus and a good massacre, I could have a fortress of unliving bone! And then I could rule..."

He cuts himself off, blushing. "Ah, sorry about that. I do tend to ramble. My name is Doctor Johannes Calgori Abney the Seventh, Professor of...well, at the moment, just about everything. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

Regord_Silentflame
2008-10-22, 02:52 PM
"I am glad that we came in time to prevent any harm from coming to you sir. Would you by chance know if this settlement here has stocks of hardwood, nails, or other supplies to fix a sailing vessel?