PDA

View Full Version : I need some help with gear selection!

Ghal Marak
2008-04-21, 12:28 AM
Hello! As the title says, I need some ideas for gear selection on a character I'm working on. He's a Kineticist 9/Pyrokineticist 10//Swashbuckler 14/Occult Slayer 5. I've already selected the Torc of Power Preservation and Third Eye: Sense, but I'm coming up with blanks for what else to buy him.

So you guys (and gals) have any ideas of what I should get?

FlyMolo
2008-04-21, 12:45 AM
Masterwork Sweatband of Concentration (+2 circumstance bonus, 50 gp)
Ditto Psicraft
Ditto Autohypnosis
Ditto Tumble
Ditto Jump
Well, that's 200 gp spent.

Those psychic second skins can be cool, and a cognizance crystal is always rawk.

Crawling Tattoos are win, btw. Body adjustment and a hireling means basically a wand of CLW, that you can activate without spending an action. And Entangling ectoplasm ones are win too. Shut down enemy casters, or make their lives difficult, anyways.

CASTLEMIKE
2008-04-21, 03:07 PM
Unsure of the race so I figure you have 580,000 gp or 760,000 gp suggested wealth by level.

Antimagic torc 1/day for 25,000 gp even with Transparency it can be nice to have against full casters.

Belt of Battle 12,000 gp. Extra actions.

Magic boots of some sort. Boots of Striding and Springing only cost 5,500 gp and increase your base movement +10 with that +5 to jump checks.

Stat increasing and boosting items with 40 point buy bringing other base ability scores up to 14 can be nice insteading of just concentrating and pumping up 1 or 2 ability scores which cost 2 or 3 points for each point above 14).

Candle of Invocation or two for emergencies if permitted.

Heward's Handy Haversack for some potions and other disposable magic or psionic items to facilitate quick usage in game.

Portable hole for your serious wealth (Determine how the multiple dimensional space items and magic interact in your campaign).

Two or more magic rings (Extra Ring feat) to fit the PC concept and normal campaign challenges. Blinking and Evasion could be nice for BBEGs. Counterspells and Invisibility could be nice. Protection.

Cloak of Displacement.

Bag of Tricks Gray for trap triggering. Tan for delaying higher level creatures and making them expend actions.